Umm goys

Umm goys,
Bitcoin is gonna plummet before the fork just like it did before the BCC fork.

It’s not going up like it did for BTG.

Nobody knows which will be the right chain so it looks like many of the market is going to sit in fiat til this all boils over

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/jeff-garzik-startup-bloq-launch-new-cryptocurrency-token-sale/
coin.dance/nodes/btc1
news.bitcoin.com/gigablock-testnet-researchers-mine-the-worlds-first-1gb-block/
coin.dance/nodes/
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/77tg5t/andreas_antonopoulos_with_each_one_of_these_block/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what you're saying is buy Bitcoin, get both coins, let one die.

Plus china is coming back to the market and they'll want to take profits.

if the old bitcoin wins, nothing will have changed, but if the new bitcoin wins, it will be superior to current one, thus having more value than the current one, right? So the fork should increase value, except for uncertainty or whatever.

but the question is, do I get free coins? that's literally all I want to know

Hodling like that japanese grandpa with chickens and lederhosen.

No, one coin will die, the new one or the old one.

Can't you sell it off before it dies though?

But which will you sell, user? Which will you sell?

No, there is no replay protection, spending one coin spends the other. Its done on purpose so that only one coin survives.

No, but you probably want to be in BTC for the fork so your value transfers over.

Until it all boils over huh? These opportunities aren't a diamond dozen. That's for sure

>saw this
>panicked
>Then remembered I sold all my BTC just before the fork yesterday
Almost forgot lol.

Oh, ok. I'm guessing lots of people aren't aware of this and are going to be very salty once they lose their coins?

you guys know that the ONLY dev for bitcoin2x literally just launched an ICO right
it's really obvious which is the real bitcoin is the real one and which is a money grabbing scheme
coindesk.com/jeff-garzik-startup-bloq-launch-new-cryptocurrency-token-sale/

If you hold BTC during the fork, you will get the other coin too. One will die and you'll still have 1 BTC, whether it's core or s2x.

you guys should really read this article
its usecase is LITERALLY "a blockchain resistant to random shit like HARDFORKS"
garzik is using 2X as FUD to drive his ICO
he doesn't actually give a shit about B2X.

That said, there is the potential of dumb money wondering what is happening to their BTC and sell off.

I get that, what I'm saying is won't a lot of flippers get fucked if they sell their seg2x at .1 btc and lose their btc as a result

A coin's value has nothing to do with how much better it is than another coin.

Wait. Wasn't BTG supposed to have replay protection?

Yes, probably. Flippers 'should' know better.

>nobody knows which will be the right chain

As much as I want segwit2 to win it seems like a longshot.

coin.dance/nodes/btc1

it's happenning..

wait, to ppl actually unironically think btc core won't prevail?

please answer meme-free, I'm curious

Going all in BitcoinCash, watch BTC chain kill itself, laugh

do*

8mb blocks

this is my prediction for the upcoming months

Just the beginning

news.bitcoin.com/gigablock-testnet-researchers-mine-the-worlds-first-1gb-block/

Where's the Hard Fork not Detected-site?

ermaghered
Wtf will teh price of BTC go though :(

am I guaranteed to lose money if I hold through the fork shitstorm?

Holy fuck nigga what? So if I spend something on one chain, it's as if the transaction happened on the other as well post fork?

>diamond dozen?

What's the major drawbacks to large blocks besides storage which is relatively cheap and not required by anyone not running a node?

There honestly isn't. Customers get their tx into next block, Miners get more fees per block, blockstream does not make money off of their sidechains.

No. Hold 2x and you'll be fine when it becomes the main chain.

That's correct. This is not supposed to be some crazy divergent split. It's like Ethereum's hard forks or Monero's hard forks.

The scalability issues being more or less solved should inspire some confidence from bitcoin skeptics and cause a bull run, no?

There aren't. And 2 MB or 8 MB aren't really that large of a block- most web pages are around that size or larger.

Yes, assuming 2x is successful. If 2x succeeds, you can expect 8 MB blocks and larger when necessary, without the interference of Core.

People buy a coin to sell it later for money. The theoretical problems a coin solves don't matter because none of them ever see significant real world use anyway. The marketing a coin has is what determines its value.

wrong, they are large comparitively - just 2MB would be an 100% increase from the current blocksize... read the paper lightning network did about the blocksize problem

But it will be, thanks to methods allowing you to split your coins, and exchanges such as coinbase providing their own replay protection.

No matter how you look at it, it is going to be another fork that creates value out of nothing

the most "safe" is just Hodl for about 2 weeks after the fork and see what happens in the market.

On the other hand, if BTC stops being the main one, the FUD will enter fully, since it is the base currency for the others and everything will be affected.

Nigga NO REPLAY PROTECTION why do you think people say it's shit?

The core devs will then in effect have all been booted. You think that through a few times and then tell us, again, what you think that will mean for bitcoin.

so what are the "forks" so far:
bcash and bgold, then b2x later on, but is that it? wasnt there a few shitcoin aidrop forks like some script cash garbage?

any for ethereum too? i only see ethereum classic, are all of the other shitcoins not airdrop "forks" and just regular old boring shitcoins?

i just want two bitcoins for the lulz

That is a good thing. It might finally kill BTC for it's needed update S2X.

God emporeror Theymos will shill Corecoin into being Bitcoin unfortunately.

b2x isn't an update, its a chinkcoin. if it goes into effect it will be the worst news bitcoin has ever had.

i already have all my bitcoin in the right chain

he has nothing to do with bitcoin development, and youre delusional if you honestly think a tiny reddit and a tiny forum of users have any sway in any decision making.

it's the chinks and the hilariously amateur developers they chose to develop b2x that have been doing all of the damage against their little takeover attempt. the only developer for b2x is launching a premined shitcoin. it's like they've already given up.

>coin.dance/nodes/
>btc1
>btc abc
>btc unlimited
>bitcore
>bitcoin usaf

???????-?!
10 more splits? Fuck this shit

I can definitely see this fork causing a lot of fear and uncertainty .
Is it time to go all in on LTC like the last time?

litecoin is an even bigger shit than b2x, centralized ownership of coins, more centralized mining and development. it got absolutely nothing.

Its more than that. The NYA was a closed door agreement signed with the concensus of only a few persons who control the majority of the mining power. If B2X wins, not only do core devs get shat on, you essentially bow to the wills of the few when one of the pillars of bitcoin is decentralization and concensus of the majority.

I'd rather that miners control the network if they can manage to make the coin scalable than some overly idealistic devs trying to keep it in the stone age.

the whole thing rested on the fact that the developers would be okay with it and there wouldn't be a fork

as expected the untrustworthy chinks forked anyway, and as expected all of the cryptographers didn't want anything to do with a chinkcoin, so the "agreement" is between a few chinks and a rapidly decreasing number of exchanges.

if this doesn't get shut down it's basically the end of bitcoin as we know it, and will be the event that people in ethereum have been hoping for, a self destruction of bitcoin and mining leading to proof of stake coins becoming the new standard.

you don't understand scalability, just like the stupid chinks. increasing the block size is not scalability, its just pushing more transactions at the same storage and bandwidth cost, the blocks arent even full anymore now the chinks stopped purposefully spamming the network.

real scalability comes with schnorr signatures, off chain networks for high frequency transactions, and careful tweaking of the core protocol not just doubling a few numbers and hoping for the best, which is all you can expect from the chinese and a couple of washed up developers leading this political movement.

Then mine and buy 2X coins and BCC. Sell all your BTC.

>Lightning network
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
C4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$HC4$H

Fucking banker shills day of rope when?

>equating conensus and decentralization
you fucking liberal retard

Which online wallet supports both chains?

BTC is like a mother's cooking: it's fulfilling and you know what you're getting. No way the market is deviating from BTC.

Bitcoin will always be the king. Sure, in a few years top 20 coins by market cap will all be Bitcoin forks, but #1 will always be the original Bitcoin.

No , wrong buddy. Bcc will be king

It will not because I don't have any

The wills of a few? Lol, it's blockstream that's holding back Bitcoin in order to profit off side chains.

There's literally no rational argument against 2MB blocks.

Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 6 months: 6 MONTHS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to traps or whatever gay shit you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're "epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use Veeky Forums). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.

Read posts about scaling above.
The issue is more about scaling anyway, but also about consensus. Consensus was not achieved by signing an agreement behind closed doors.

Nvm, consensus will be achieved after the fork, in the form of the majority dumping their B2X.

Sorry if my wordings made it seem like im equating them, but no im not.

any decent exchange will give the option to keep your btc as btc or convert it

Are there any exchanges that I can store my BTC on to take advantage of the fork? Or do I need to keep it in a private wallet? If so, which is a good one?

Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 6 months: 6 MONTHS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to traps or whatever gay shit you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're "epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use Veeky Forums). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.

what's the date fork this pointless fork?

almost seems like a good idea to fucking tether EVERYTHING

> taking profit when market is low
> taking profit and not having their btc2x

You're retarded

Feels good knowing Bitcoin will finally die.

Filling my bags with ETH, XLM, OMG, ARK and NEO.
They are about to be worth 90 bilion Zimbabwese dollars.

Core is literally controlled by Axa and prevented the bitcoin to scale since years.
I'm not mad about it, thanks to that there are plenty of money to make from alts but let's not pretend Corejews are the good guys.
Also the miners don't want control, they really just want shekels, it's Core who want to make it some weird subscription based derivatives controlled by banks with Lightning.

its a fork you fucking idiot you get coins in both no matter what happens. all you have to do is shut the fuck up and stop shit posting thats it. thats all.

control means more shekels shut the fuck up you absolute idiot.

>it's Core who want to make it some weird subscription based derivatives controlled by banks with Lightning.

jesus christ youre clueless

Another worthless fork. You idiots are giving it credibility by selling alts or cashing out entirely.

go
back
to
reddit.

make me,

roody poo

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/77tg5t/andreas_antonopoulos_with_each_one_of_these_block/

2mb/Bigger blocks are NOT the answer. Check this if you still think that.

This fork situations is ridiculous.
Ppl willing to buy anything as long as it has "bitcoin" in the name.
And these ppl are actually braking alts outbreak.

Like, oh god. There are so many alts that can shape a better, cheaper world, but no, I wanna buy some proof of concept coin with minor patches.

this looks like an excellent time to exit the market, it was great knowing you boys

oh hey even my id seems to read bit exit

>control means more shekels shut the fuck up you absolute idiot.

Kek, not it's not Theymos.
The miners just really want to up their margin allowing, they are not ideologically driven outside of this.

On the other side it's the Corejews want to have total control on the development of Bitcoin itself and against what was initially designed to be: a money actually used to do payments that can scale easily thanks to Moore's law, not some weird store of value that can only be used as a currency through non distributed hubs owned by banks who will manage to use that to control the goyims once again.

It's pretty simple at the end of the day, one solution has no intermediaries (augmenting the size of blocks) the other has (LN).

Veeky Forums is clueless as usual

2x is already dead.

2x has no market value, no recognized developers, the only thing it has is a stupid agreement that was already broken by Jihan and Roger.

You mad, you lose

Supporting "2x" makes you look either retarded or like a shill, do some research.

>It's pretty simple at the end of the day, one solution has no intermediaries (augmenting the size of blocks) the other has (LN).

Big blocks are also a centralized solution.
Just look at Ethereum losing 30% of its nodes in a month.

Also, blocksize is an economic variable in the ecosystem. Make it too big and miners have no incentive after block rewards are gone. 8x more transactions mean nothing if they all pay 1sat/byte in fees.