IT'S OUT

IT'S OUT

Other urls found in this thread:

hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/9/1/b/91b9f8f02de20b39/dchha61_BLITZ_Painfotainment.mp3?c_id=18835756&expiration=1517168788&hwt=dc8d7de26a14b2943148df7b038c0739
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We think there were good and bad guys like the Empire and harry potter... but the thing was much less black and white, so it was a more game of thrones kinda like type of thing

I know, it's terrible that a pop historian makes things relatable to a 21st century pop audience. He should just recite names and dates in a perfectly flat tone.

>I know, it's terrible that a pop historian makes things relatable to a 21st century pop audience. He should just recite names and dates in a perfectly flat tone.

Fantastic rebutal. Make sure to post that in the next "why don't more people like history?" thread.

>wanting pic related to study history and become EVEN dumber as they study

Different user, but I can't be the only one that thinks that level of explanation is more suitable for children than an adult audience, right?

But pop culture IS their culture. What's wrong with deriving motivation from the world around you?

>becoming EVEN dumber as they study
oh my god, oh my god, annoying nerds might enter into the field of history???? THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE,im literally shaking right now

The way that user describes it, yes. The way Carlin actually does it, no.

>Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern peole describe and draw historical events as happening the present, with contemporary clothing, armour and weapons
>so clever, making it understandable for their audience, wow
>modern historian mentions contemporary pop culture
>REEEEEEEEE DUMBED DOWN MORON HACK FRAUD!!!!!!

Judging by bugmen like you it's already happened

Because it afford a vehicle for their ridiculously simplistic perspective

i fucking hate /pol/, they have to ruin every thread

You don't have to be a brandead racist/lolberg amerifuck to loathe how normies can't break their bubble of children's media when trying to discuss something seriosuly

>medieval people with no access to relics, ancient sites or primary sources can only imagine that the ancients looked as things have always seemed to the viewer
>manchild in the 21st century with access to the vastest repository of human knowledge every contrived (the internet) needs to dilute his research with children's cartoons to learn anything other than consumption

>while wh*Tes are watching soy cartoons we fuck their disilussioned women

great feel

>an introductionary podcast
>serious discussion

>no access to primary sources

What do you think they're drawing the illustrations for user?

well you got me that the medieval historians may have consciously revised the primary material they could access, but I never advocated what they did. And modern historiography of any kind has even less of an excuse than them

You analogy was completely spurious, based on a false assumption of what I believed and completely irrelevant to my point anyhow

You aren't.

>people have always related historical events to the modern day
>completely irrelevant

Ok sure. You're so cool and above it all.

>people making Alexander the Great wear plate and pray to Jesus is the same as comparing him to Yoda

More proof that Carlin's retarded podcasting would attract retards

anyone know where I can listen to the rest of the episodes without paying for them?

>people actually pay to get told that Julius Caesar was Palpatine when the source material Carlin quotes from is free in text or audio form

Just pay for them man, it's 5 fucking dollars and they're always amazing. I don't think Dan is getting rich of this series.

>implying Jesus isn't just as out of place and as much a modern cultural reference to aid audience understanding as Yoda

Great I'll just start reading the source text as I drive to work!

>gotta make him a Christian that fights against those that are muslim now, our enemies, so that the story will be more palatable to the zealots that will read me

>Dude Augustus was like, like, Tywin Lannister or some shit

>this is a LibriVox recording. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit librevox dot org

>being a wagie

>it's fine when other people utterly change the story around to suit a modern audience, but not to leabe the historical narrative intact but to make modern reference to aid understanding

Once again, you're so cool and above it all.

Every single post in this thread is absolute shit. The jim jones worshiper stuff at least gave me a chuckle, but this is just awful.
3/10 thread, thanks for letting me know it's out.
Heres Based Bomber Harris.

I have never said that the medieval revisionism was acceptable. I was saying that it was an entirely different matter from the similes that fucking Carlin draws, and that it was more tolerable.

You are an actual idiot.

>m-muh everybody that talks down to me must think he is superior

I definitely didn't think that at first but you have demonstrated a lack of basic reading comprehension and complete paranoia/insecurity. A real fucking soyboy that is intimidated by onine debates

>an entirely different matter

Except it isn't. Its exactly the same thing. You're just more against one of them because you want to show off how cool and intelligent and so totally above pop culture you are (despite each post being filleecwith Veeky Forums pop culture)

popular but admittedly fictional characters are NOT the same as revising the values and faith of a historical figure for political purposes. If you cannot grasp that you're being dishonest or truly, truly, unironically retarded.

>Veeky Forums pop culture

Do you fucking know what "pop" means? It's not the noise and it doesn't mean "non-sophisticated"

>political purposes

Lolwut

socio-cultural, whatever, since you're not getting my cues I can only conclude you are a moron. Keep listening to these podcasts, they're made just for you

>describing a hero turned into a villain as being similar to Darth Vader is politically motivated
>calls others brainlets

Hey (you) two.
Pick a number between 1 and 10

>>describing a hero turned into a villain as being similar to Darth Vader is politically motivated

Do you like, actually fucking read at all? Do you get all your history from podcasts? You need some exercise man

>being this frothingly upset by how others consume information

Is it autism?

>I forfeit the argument

>implying you haven't been maymay posting this whole thread

Ya, well you're a cunt

>people criticize Carlin for muh popculchur
>some retard brings up medieval revisionism from fucking nowhere, claims I support it
>I get duped into arguing that it is the lesser evil of the two
>try to explain how the politically or religiously or culturally-motivated revisionism of the middle ages in not equable to making popculture analogies
>argue with functionally illiterate user

> shit that never happened
fucking kys my man
his series on the fall of the roman republic was incredibly nuanced

I remember when Veeky Forums was a decent board

>he wasn't ONLY like Palpatine, he was like, neville longbottom and Anakin too!

the 2nd post on his I think was "I miss when this board wasn't shit"

Everything is only getting better my redditor friend ;)

did you even listen to death throes of the republic you autistic sperg?

Yes he should you retard.

I want to hear about history not muh star warsh

>Augustus was like "I AM THE SENATE"
*buys funko pops*

It's one of the last good ones, appreciate it while you can

>tfw hate /pol/ and /leftypol/ but hate reddit normies and normie history too

kino thread

include me in the screencap

So... what is out?

fuck drumpf, the force is female

Sneed

What if maybe I just like listening to Carlin? I know he's unqualified
pop history or whatever, but I like his voice and delivery.
Dan carlin has been putting me to sleep most nights for a couple of years now, I just listen to the same episodes multiple times cause I'm asleep and don't remember them anyway.
It's great.
Why do some anons have to find something wrong with that?

I don't understand why you'd like listening to his voice, but that's okay.
Listening to him because you think he's a credible source of information isn't.

I know people would rather discuss /pol/shit but I can’t find the new episode on the podcast app, the most recent one is still the Celtic Holocaust. Anyone else?

CAESAR IS JUST LIKE HITLER WHO IS JUST LIKE DRUMPF

TWO GORILLION TWO GORILLION GAULS

niggers

hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/9/1/b/91b9f8f02de20b39/dchha61_BLITZ_Painfotainment.mp3?c_id=18835756&expiration=1517168788&hwt=dc8d7de26a14b2943148df7b038c0739

theres the link

What’s your favourite Hardcore History episode/series? It’s a tie for me between Blueprint for Armageddon and Ghosts of the Ostfront.

The best thing about Carlin is that's he's more qualified to call himself a historian than 90% of this board.

k
at least we don't put out shitty podcasts that are adored by reddit normies

>implying you have the confidence to even consider putting out a podcast

H..hello... thi.. this is a..a...a..a..anons his...history p.p.p.podcast.

>d-did you k-k-know that t-the JOOZ, a-are responsible f-for e-everything b-bad? w-wow

Blueprint and Punic Nightmares.
Wish the latter could've been longer.
Deaththroes is also in the top.

No it's not, you dirty fucking liar.

But it should be out pretty soon.
Also, why did he stop soing Common Sense?

It's out on his website but I can't find it on ITunes/Podcast app.
Also I think he stopped Common Sense because the whole political sphere is so fucking divided he got sick of it. I think I remember him saying something about that on twitter.

He stopped common sense because he said that it basically just devolves into talking about the same 5 topics over and over again

No, but we do post the same thin veiled race bait threads,

I wanted to post this

I'm glad you did

>Ghosts of the Ostfront.

>that nazi pow march in moscow
>the little girl asking ''Mommy, are those the ones who killed daddy?''
>The mother hugged the child and wept

>that story with the Russian soldier who has a beautiful singing voice, who becomes sick and the Germans messaging the Russians
>”what did you do with your singer?”
>and later, throwing a harmonica into the trench
Fuck the feels

This episode honestly feels more like it shoulda been a Common Sense episode, but for a pleb like me it’s alright. Definitely leaned closer to the philosophical side rather than historical, which I don’t think is Dan’s strong suite

Yeah it wasn’t very historically-connected. I feel like most of the Blitz episodes are like that.

>no Caesar comfy podcast part 2

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pay you fucking faggot.

THANK YOU BASED JANNYS