Is it moral to use data and research from unethical experiments?

Is it moral to use data and research from unethical experiments?

Sure, it’s there already so why not? Might as welll put it to good use and progress.

Why would it be? Data is data. Once it is there there is no reason to not use it.

Mengele did nothing wrong.

No. It's like finding a bank robber and taking the money for yourself. Except the money is all counterfeit

morals are retarded

It would be unethical not to. That data might be of use to society yet.

Unironically this. People were fucking tortured so that we'd know what we now know about the human body. Not using it would mean that people suffered and died for nothing.

Is it moral to eat the meat of unethical cows?

>food analogy

This. According to Utilitarianism, there isn't even a slightest reason why that data shouldn't be fully appropriated.

That's what the US did with unit 731 but Josef Mengele's experiments were retarded and had no use in science.

Hmm, I heard it backwards. Unit 731 experiments were entirely bullshit, while some of Mengele's experiments were groundbreaking.

Mengele was a living meme, 731 were some of the most capable biochemists in the world

The US exchanged the experiment results for freedom with Unit 731, not to make much use of them but to avoid the communist get their hands on them. The Unit 731 was also behind the use of biological weapons in China which as far as I know had limited success, but at least they used their technology for something.
On the other hand I heard Mengele was a deranged idiot more than he was a doctor.

Actually the vast majority of unit 731's data was completely useless because the people in charge lacked any form of scientific rigor and didn't even properly document their "experiments".
And the Soviets actually brought the unit 731 guys they caught to court, which in turn caused the USA to try to hide their atrocities as "soviet propaganda".

Dunno, but unless the _Frenz_ experiment is no. 1 in the album charts, summuts wrong.

I think you don't understand what the word "analogy" means.

Mengele's experiments were bullshit, though. Not all Nazi experiments were bullshit, but Mengele's specifically were nonsensical stuff about twins like studying heterochromic eyes and sewing people together.

The useful experiments were cold water immersion and high altitude experiments, but they were performed by the Luftwaffe and not by Mengele.

According to utilitarianism it would be okay to kill people if the research results saved more lives.

Yes I bet you also believe he made lampshades and soaps out of people after masturbating them to death.

Not necessarily. You have to consider what such measures would do to public morality and safety, so that would be up for a debate (and it is)

What specific contrubutions did Mengele make to science? The hypothermia and low pressure experiments are well documented but I don't believe he worked on those. I will admit I am not an expert in this subject matter so if you know something I don't, feel free to share it. However, there is no use blindly defending him.