Samurai were midgets

Samurai were midgets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJmL3lpJIr8
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/5g3e55/how_was_cavalry_used_in_japan_during_the_sengoku/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not sure if being tall is helpful for a warrior.

It gives you a longer reach and more mass for grappling.

so were the knights and every other pre WWI soldier just go to the museum and look how tiny the armors and uniforms actually are

But most of the time warriors have to walk, they also need to be fed and equipped by the thousands. An army of midget surely is easier to move and maintain. And in fight they are smaller and faster targets.

>infantry
>faster targets in any shape or form

infantry didn't fight like in shit hollywood movies were it was a hooligan brawl, they moved in a cluster so there was no place for some ebin acrobatics

It's not about acrobatics, 20% less surface is 20% less chances of being hit.

Foodlets are pathetic

that's how it's like in Dark Souls?

Muscle mass isn't about being tall, just about big.

You can be pretty good grappler and be short.

Being bigger and taller does corelate,though. Which is what I meant. Not causation.

My family is very tall. I had a disese when I was young and was malnourished that's why I'm cosiderably shorter. I presume it was so in history because of poor nutrition mostly.

>And in fight they are smaller and faster targets.
This meme needs to die now. Height was a direct advantage in combat. Le small and fast target is a shitty RPG mechanic such as agility influencing speed.

That's why most medieval knights were small. They began training at an early age and they ate not enough to compensate for that.
Modern asians are still small in comparison to the rest of the world tho

Their horses were ponies too.

>Height was a direct advantage in combat
That's wrong though, armies rely on many types of soldiers that played different roles. Some more fit for tall people and other more fit for short people
Good luck being a napoleonic era Voltigeur or Hussar when you're 2m tall

>That's why most medieval knights were small.
And your source is? Tip, just because average height during industrial evolution was small, it doesn't mean that knights were even smaller.

is that in the Met? they have an incredible collection there

Doesn't look like the Met, the weapons and armor has its own section.

I'm 5'6 with long arms, I think thats why i have been a good fighter my whole life

>Not sure if being tall is helpful for a warrior.

Veeky Forums cant be THIS stupid

If you were 2 m you would be a great cuirassier or grenadier though

That's my point
Both tall and short people can be good warriors when they play to the strengths of their height

manlets have no strenghts

When you're being shot at in a battle
You'd wish you were shorter

no one ever wishes to be shorter lmao manlet stop making shit up

Never watched fighting sports? You confuse strenght and power, and you also forget that power needs energy. Heavy weights can kill you with a single punch, but are super slow and don't stand the distance.

Some of them are max dex builds, I've seen 5'6" guys beat the shit outta guys alot bigger than them.
t. 6 foot fatass

>but are super slow
Fedor wasn't

>malnourished
>in the 21century
Are you an african nigger?

Id rather die a chad than live as a manlet

>are super slow

youtube.com/watch?v=BJmL3lpJIr8

they aren't slow
they do tend to prance around less that lightweight though

First time I saw some real samurai armour I was surprised of how small they were desu. But is not something ilogic, I simply never thought about it

the staple of their diet was rice, and the average individual didn't exactly eat an abundance of it either. it's no secret that improved nutrition has made people substantially taller in the last century

Why do you think the Chinese/Koreans call the Japanese 'Wa' /倭/ Midget and Japan, the land of the dwarves

You know anyone above 170cm in height cannot fit in a tank/APV right?

Not true, comfortably no, but comfort for soldiers generally matters very little when you have to get them from point A to point B

>inb4 pissed off manlet

Manlets are boss. You never hear about "tall, hardy men of north striking down their opponents" but you hear plenty of stories about "short and sturdy easterners striking against their opponent tirelessly"

In modern warfare height is not important (I mean, unless you are actually a medical midget or something). In ancient warfare it would be more important, but organisation and discipline was more important. See Rome versus the Gauls and Germanics. The Romans beat the larger northerners due to their discipline and organisation.

>Some of greatest modern soldiers, like Audie Murphy and Simo were manlets
Are manlets just hiding their power level?

>Tom Cruise
>1m02
>not a chad

I think he meant the disease kept him from absorbing nutrients

yeah pretty much except for based Benkei and most of the rich nobles who could afford to eat meat and non soy protein everyday.
But they were mostly going against other manlests so it doesn't really matter.

on average because commones never began getting welfed until post WW1 era.
Most European citizens started getting well fed by the end of the 1800s.

it was because they were an island nation in the middle of the ocean no?
I'm mean I assumed that but you make another good point.

were they?
All of them? Couldn't they get better horses from China at some point?

The Takeda got horses from Mongolia even.

Then Nips shut themselves out.

This.

You don't pick and choose tall men for war, if you deliberately keep most fighting age males out of the fight you lose. You work with the army you have, not the army you wish you had, because it's a numbers game. You figure out who's good for what and put them into the right position.

Pic related is playing to your strengths, US could only send specialized manlets into these with a flashlight, knife and pistol.

If you're above 6'0" you can't be a fighter pilot
lanklets btfo

It's worth noting that none of these guys were samurai, they're dudes picked off the street to pose for these photos. These are fake tourist bullshit.

All of history is full of manlets
Average height ranged from 5’4” in asia to 5’7” in Europe, hell the pygmies in the congo were only 3’

>Couldn't they get better horses from China at some point?
Wouldn't have mattered anyways. Only the Hojo and the Takeda clans were true cavalrymen while the rest were glorified mounted infantry.
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/5g3e55/how_was_cavalry_used_in_japan_during_the_sengoku/

>le manlet maymay am i rite guys? lmao

Even their horses were midgets

>tom cruise
>chad
This isn't Reddit, faggot

Naw they were probably at least descendent from samurai. Samurai as a class became poor and mostly useless around the time these pics were taken remember?
Bad nutrition strikes again.

Lol almost forgot about that. Surely bigger houses were being bred before the time of Tokugawa though?