/SQT/ - STUPID QUESTIONS THREAD

Ask your dumb questions about Crypto here.

>Does it make sense for a British user to buy bitcoin through bittylicious and send the coins to a Kraken wallet? Do you need a sepa account to cash out?

>Is coinbase's simplicity worth it for the fees you have to pay for UK? SEPA Vs debit?

>Safety of buying in real life in the UK?

Other urls found in this thread:

millennialmoneyguide.com/how-to-get-started-investing-in-cryptocurrency/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is coinbase's simplicity worth it for the fees you have to pay for UK? SEPA Vs debit?
yes
debit

>Safety of buying in real life in the UK?
dont buy irl, unless its from an atm

Ok i will go

>does anyone actually use any of these currencies that we buy and sell? i understand the big 3 get used. But Like does anyone actually use ARK or NEO or QTM or is this entire market cap just only in our heads?

coins are like stocks. stock exchange have IPO's and we have ICO's.
many of the coins have a practical use with the technology that's being developed, that makes those coins drive up in value

there are 3 levels to trading

buying btc/eth and hodl
trading alts at margin
buying ico's directly at the initial price

the third one is obviously the riskiest but also the most profitable

who dat

How does each exchange maintain similar prices of cryptocurrencies?

Like, how does a huge sell off on Binance effect Bittrex?

every exchange have buy and sell orders which goes into the volume. all of those lists are compiled at marketcap sites and automatic bots that compile those lists

arbitrage. if the price is less than the price of another exchange + the cost of transferring it over, you sell on one exchange and buy on the other, which brings the prices close enough to where arbitrage isnt profitable.

large arb traders have btc/eth/fiat on most exchanges to take advantage of it.

Will we see a $25k USD bitcoin or a +1k USD Ethereum in 2018?

your not supposed to teach the goyim anything useful!

1k eth is ~3x, 25k btc is ~5x. more likely to see ethereum get to 1k than btc to 25k but i think a 2-3x in the next 12-18 months is completely reasonable as most people exit underperforming shitcoins as they become more aware of what properties makes a coin worthwhile.

Explain to me how to make a lot of money by doing this crypto shit but act like you're explaining it to a mentally challenged 6 year old

no to either.

neato

BUY BITCOIN YOU LITTLE RETARDED FAGGOT

what is going to happen with next fork?

same as gold

>all prices dip
>lots of angry people

this is the only real fork, bcash was effecively an airdrop, and bgold shares no resemblance to bitcoin at all.

I am going to ask almost an identical retarded question: where can I read and learn on the subject? Is there a decent guide or pastebin for such a brainlet like me? Can someone recommend me some literature?

why usually all prices dip at the same time?

why does ripple have trillion coins in circulation?

what is so special about LINK?

millennialmoneyguide.com/how-to-get-started-investing-in-cryptocurrency/

Thanks a lot, pal. Has anyone from the board written any interesting articles or guides themselves? Stuff like that is always an interesting read.

How many hours work over how many weeks/months would it take to set up one of those ebook stores before it breaks even- everything except the ebook content itself? I mean including, say the blogs, landing pages, ad spend, instrgram or whatever social media I use to promote it?

I don't think the time is really even the biggest issue, I just don't know where the fuck to start.

Easiest way is to buy the dip and hold bitcoin rinse and repeat

massive suicide

>Veeky Forums
>write something interesting
lol

Most people just use coinbase, but being from the UK you could try to just keep your funds on the exchanges.

I recommend Poloniex or Bittrex, those are the only two exchanges that are stable. The other shit exchanges like bitfinex or novaexchanges are just depositories for shitcoins.

The worst one of them all is YoBit, the devs there actively list out dead coins because they demand a commission from the developers.

>2017
>Online E-book Store

You'll be competing with the likes of Amazon and that's pretty much impossible.

Ever thought about selling your mouth on craigslist?

Stocks and crypto are nothing alike.
Crypto is like trading currencies. Obviously you arent going to use rubles or shekles but you are profiting from the value of the currencies itself.
The difference is that one has government backing and people who are forced to use the money and the other is pure speculation that gets its value based on what people say its worth.
That makes crypto more volitile which is a benefit for crypto trading but a deficit for its practical use.

should i margin trade btc/usd with 100x leverage?

i'd short in downtrend on 5m chart and set stoploss 1% above (i'd risk 1% of my funds, so no big deal i'd lose them sometimes). it's profitable on paper but i'm not sure about fees.

also bitmex or bitfinex?

How long would it take to get set up on Amazon? Is there a process? What about all the auxilary promotion

>Ever thought about selling your mouth on craigslist?
I wouldn't want to steal your bussiness

Is it smarter to pay someone to manage a property or to manage it yourself if you are empathetic and hate talking to people?

how much
>Time
>Money
>Effort
are you willing to give to it to do it yourself, and how much will it take of each?

Also, how far away are you from this property? Do you already have someone or a service in mind who can do it for you? What's your profit margin on the property?

>time
I work a 40 hour a week job.
>money
As far as what is concerned?
>effort
Im not able to do any property maintenance. But can collect and schedule maintenance.

The company im looking at will negotiate price and find tenants and all the normal stuff including serving eviction notices. They charge 50% of rent for the first month and 10% each month afterwards meaning they will get the best rate for me. They also advertise.

>As far as what is concerned?
I don't know. it's just a good question to ask for any business initiative.

From the sounds of it you should go with this company since they take care of finding tenants and stuff - if they get you a higher rent, then a lot of their ongoing cut pays for itself.

Will this affect your taxes at all?

How much money do people put into altcoin trading? I'm playing with maybe $250. Is this just a waste of time?

How do I into the day trading meme?

Can't bitcoin be tracked back to your account on a website like cuckbase from wherever it ends up by tracking the blockchain movements? Or does it somehow get scrambled as it moves through various wallets?

> i put sharpie in poopoo hole 5 times now
> why no btc in my wallet?

Is tether shit?

Bump

Would like an answer to this as well

Yes, it can be traced back. You can make it harder to trace by sending to multiple wallets or mixers, but it's never fully private.

People have had their Coinbase accounts shut down because Coinbase can see that they are sending BTC to a known Dark Net wallet.

Sounds right, thanks. Cryptos seem a lot less anonymous than when I first started getting interested in how it all works.