How crazy was it to live through the 90's?

How crazy was it to live through the 90's?
>Ruby Ridge
>Waco
>Oklahoma City bombing
>Athens Olympics bombing
>Unabomber
>Kosovo/Serbia

The 90's were a time of economic prosperity and national joy following the defeat of the USSR, I have always been told. But I think i'd by psyched out by all this shit going on.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_1990s_recession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_financial_crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_27,_1997,_mini-crash
youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=I3Qwf6MGCYE
youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I
youtube.com/watch?v=Be0OAjuk_1k
youtube.com/watch?v=BJaknFFX4Ok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It honestly doesn't seem like much compared to today. Back then we were so powerful that instead of just enjoying it, we took our fighting to the domestic arena rather than the international.

>The 90's were a time of economic prosperity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_1990s_recession

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_financial_crisis

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

Don't forget the popculture back then indulged in every conspiracy theory and doom prophecy in existence. I unironically thought the world will end in the year 2000.

this was a top-tier show

You forgot:
>Snakeboards

Don't forget the LA riots.

If I'm being honest the '90s was the shit. No better time to be alive in all of human history. I don't just say that out of nostalgia.

First one was mild and wore off quickly.

Second and fourth related to distant countries and the West was relatively unaffected. In fact, when shit hit the fan in Asia (and Russia), the money fled back to the West.

The third one symbolically ended the decade, together with 9/11.

The crime rate in the 90s was double what it is now, not that people seem to remember that.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble
Apparently the mobile phone networks everyone uses today were paid for by the people who lost their shirts on that.

The crashes in Asia caused a minor global recession.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_27,_1997,_mini-crash

1990s were the best time to be a youg adult, perhaps ever.

- economy was doing great with the expansion of the electronic sector. Lots of fortunes arose virtually overnight. If you had an idea for a business, you could make it happen without starting capital, partially because everyone started in their dirt cheap garages and partially because banks and other established investors were eager to jump on the e-train. Even if you weren't starting a business, there were jobs on the market and paid pretty good.

- the international scene was stable like never before and never again. The fall of USSR made for a time USA as the sole hegemon of the world. And, for a time, the world thought that liberal democracy and capitalism was the sole remaining system and that it will rule supreme from now on under American supervision. There was that guy named Francis Fukuyama who even created a theory that the history is ending. Meaning, that the world will soon embrace American values and everyone will live happy ever after.

- there was much better mood. It was really a decade of optimism. People thought that things are good and are going to be better. Sure there were bumps on the road, but overall things were going in good direction. This is evidenced for example by popular music. Just listen to all that music from 1990s. It's all about having good time. It's charming in its innocence. Comparing to this, even "fun" music of today is depressing.

youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=I3Qwf6MGCYE
youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I
youtube.com/watch?v=Be0OAjuk_1k

It wasn't something you actually felt much. There was no recession in the US, just the Dow crashed for a few days, to recover later.

Again, it was something that happened in a distant place. You surely heard of it in the news, but it wasn't something you actually cared much about.

Unless you lived in Russia or the Balkans.

For fuck's sake, there's always a place in the world when life is better or worse than everywhere place due to some unique circumstances.

For example, life was very, very good in Argentina during the WW2 due to war-related export boom.

It was peak degeneracy, hedonism and consumerism. I enjoyed it a ton because I was a kid back then (born in the 80s) but as an adult I'd probably hate it.

>talks about the lack of depressing music
Nigger the early and mid 80s saw grunge and black metal become mainstream.

but there is a muslim terrorist event on everage every six weeks now and every minority under the sun is agitating under the banner of identity politics

the 90s seems like a white nationalist utopia in comparison

>It was peak degeneracy, hedonism and consumerism

The fuck are you talking about? Even without me agreeing with you on the degeneracy thing, it's obvious that 1990s were way before identity politics and what fuckwits call SJW.

>The fuck are you talking about? Even without me agreeing with you on the degeneracy thing, it's obvious that 1990s were way before identity politics and what fuckwits call SJW.

Wew.

>Nigger the early and mid 80s saw grunge and black metal become mainstream.

I was talking strictly about "popular" music. Still, note that grudge was mostly about struggling with internal demons (like Cobain himself) rather than struggling in an unforgiving world which treats you like shit.

The dot com superbowl ads were pretty crazy. If you were starting an e-business people would just throw money at you.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJaknFFX4Ok

>ted managed to bomb people for nearly 20 years without being caught
How did he do it?

It was easier to hide in a world without surveillance cameras.

As a kid growing up in the 90s, mostly what I remember is the pop culture. The video games, movies, and music were great.

> tfw I still have my Chicago Bulls starter jacket

90% of popular music was niggers jamming it to some shitty dance beat, whiggers, whores or Marilyn Manson. MTV was pushing fag agenda and drug use nonstop like it's something completely normal, the decade raised a pack of nihilistic losers addicted to weed, skateboards, rap and Pokemon. I unironically think the culture in that decade aimed to create niggers out of white people and it largely succeeded.

The thing about those was, people didn't absolutely lose their shit about bombings and such like they do now. It wasn't until after 9/11 that we kind of got in this permanent state of paranoia. After all those things it was like "Well that was awful, hope we catch the fuckers who did it."

Why did Janet Reno like killing people so much

the economy was pretty smooth during the time so outside of ruby ridge, waco, oklahoma city, bosnia, lewinsky scandal, kosovo you could enjoy your life and didnt have to pay attention to this stuff.

>decade aimed to create niggers out of white people and it largely succeeded.

look you're bitter I get that, go out and get laid and maybe smoke some weed.. learn to loosen up and stop being such an awkward str8-edge jerk.

>Taiwan crisis

Most of the millennial "numales" you see today are almost exclusively 90s kids.
>DUDE WEED
Kill yourself.

1990s were great. Younger kids just don't know what real optimism is.

>numales
>caring about marginal group of people

>marginal group of people
More like the overwhelming majority. That decade brought up the most nihilistic, apathetic, hedonistic generation in history. I know that since it's my generation too.

>no depressing music in the 90s
Imagine believing this
The genre of music that involves being as slow and depressing as possible literally started in 1990