Can we unite all of mankind?

I think it'd work out. Delegate autonomy to nations for all matters except military, write down a global federal constitution, snatch a percentage of their tax revenue for projects like space exploration and research, create a political system that is democratic but effective and hard to corrupt.

The biggest problem is getting there in the first place. Global revolution is a Marxist meme, Napoleon-style revolutionary wave could very likely end in a nuclear apocalypse, diplomatic compromise will take about a few centuries (time which humanity does not have) and superpower hegemony will also likely end in everyone getting Nagasaki'd.

Also a firm identity or else our hypothetical world gov will get BLACKED by civil wars. What would work best? A nationalist-like human identity, a civil identity ala US or an identity linked to Earth?

Stop kid

Gee i sure do fucking love paying local, state, federal AND international taxes

We'll unite when we meet the ayys

I like it, OP. The future looks bright. Pic related.

Bluebeamed is bluememed

No we won't. If history tells us anything then the ayys will make us more divided than ever before.

Realistically humanity will not stand a chance at becoming united until we're a multi-planetary species.

That being said.. We'll likely be multi-planetary (to the extent we have colonies on Mars) within the next ~40 years.
However, Mars will likely not constitute a global government.

Personally I don't think it's something we will see in our lifetime, but maybe by say 2300 there will be a global government, much like you said. With nationalism more driven to Earth, and humanity itself, rather than any country.

In all honesty I think within our lifetime we will see the US take more power, and more or less diplomatically annex NATO countries, Aus/NZ, South Korea, and Japan.
But that's the closest to a global government we would see.

>With nationalism more driven to Earth, and humanity itself, rather than any country.

Getting your geopolitics and social reasoning from anime,huh?

>With nationalism more driven to Germany, and Germans themselves, rather than any princedom.
>Surely you must be acquiring your reasoning from romantic novels, yes yes?

The cool thing about tribalism is that it generates unity after a time. Globalism seems to be accelerating this trend, too.

I don't want to be part of humanity. Most of it can die for all I fucking care.

No?
But once people are living on places like Mars, and various other random planets, things like countries will be next to meaningless.

You have to take into consideration that by this point humans will probably be around 20-30 billion in size, at the very least. And if there was even just 5 planets it'd be next to impossible for the average person to know most countries, of these 5 planets, if there is countries.

But if space-fairing takes off by the end of this century, by 2300 we could easily have 10+ planets colonized.

Also nationalism driven by species would only really come into play if we met another intelligent species.
Which that's more your opinion if you think that will occur, however, if it does, it's almost certain that humanity will begin to see itself as more of a single organism.

>But once people are living on places like Mars, and various other random planets, things like countries will be next to meaningless.

When tribes left their local townships, they became nation's. When those nation's crossed the seas,they became empires. Crossing space will be no different. Cultures will be based on precedent. Countries will just get bigger,and sure new ones will form,but on preexisting identity for the first span of time.

Terrible idea. Welcome to authoritarian Hell.
Less centralization is in our future, not more, anyway, thank God.

> If history tells us anything then the ayys will make us more divided than ever before.
Elaborate

No point. Human reactions will run the gamut. If ayys do come with violence in mind,they're coming from far away, so they'll have to be sufficiently advanced. It won't be halo. It'll be fallout. if they come peacefully,that opens up too many diplomatic, social,and biological questions.

>Colonize Mars
>They declare independence
>mfw Earth vs Mars War
>mfw future wars will be of opposing planets instead of countries

Imagine the banter and shitposting

>We'll likely be multi-planetary (to the extent we have colonies on Mars) within the next ~40 years.

and how exactly are we going to implement the policies required for the future of our species without centralisation?

Politics. The World State is a fucking terrible idea.

'Politics' will get an entire world of small, decentralised nations to follow a policy?

I would dare say that's incredibly idealistic

>policies required for the future of our species
Literally what the fuck do you mean?
You've been reading too much sci-fi.

Oh I wasn't aware that the Montreal Protocol was in a sci-fi book, could you please tell me which one? How about the Kyoto Protocol? Stockholm convention? The idea of getting all nations to agree to a policy of global benefit is just ludicrous isn't it.

Don't be so ignorant

Haha, upvoted fellow Kekistani!

no, The Boss' will is retarded

The alternative is global tyranny. I'll pass.

In the last days I've seen ten times as much 14 year old posting than before. Is that always the case on weekends?

>I like getting fucked in the ass if it's by decentralised states or corporations

No world government is better than a shit world government, the aim is to build a good one.

>The cool thing about tribalism is that it generates unity after a time.

False claims. Balkanization is a common result.

>Imagine the banter and shitposting
Mars will be completely colonized by Paki grooming gangs.

I think it's the same five kids

Yeah, sure. Give the bankers all the power, money and technology and make a superclass that sheds them of their humanity and they would see the rest of humanity as fuel for their ascent/ infighting. That'll be great.

Please user. Tell me why this wouldn't be the case. I'm actually being nice here and asking you why this nightmare scenario won't happen. I go to Veeky Forums and I see all this globalist shilling. Why do you ignore the fact that people in power see us as tools and tools only?

Global revolution is literally our only hope as a race. Perhaps not specifically communism but some other ecological, anticapitalist movement. I dont see this happening though .
>things like countries will be next to meaningless.
no not really. why would they be?

This is the dumbest post I've seen on Veeky Forums all day.

Yeah but what of the third option where the ayys want to forcibly conquer and "integrate" the human species in to their massive empire by force.

>opposing planets
>Takes years upon years to receive a declaration of war
>Planets revolt
>Takes years to get the info that they revolted
>by the time their spaceships reach them, they're much more advanced
Unless we can find faster than light travel then it'd be pretty memey

>Global revolution is literally our only hope as a race. Perhaps not specifically communism but some other ecological, anticapitalist movement.

You don't realize this, but you're basically a bio weapon. Every belief or disbelief you have caters to self destruction. Here's what I mean: Colin Renfrew came up with four causes of a dark age he called "General Features of (total) Systems Collapse". They include
>Collapse of centralized economy;which would be caused by shifting the fundamentals of an entire economic system.
>Settlements shift and especially population decline. Globalizing an entire planet would mean massive settlement shifts, and could lead to the collapse of vast swathes of geographic areas. It would also lead to a reverse colonization scheme, where low IQ high crime third worlders come to higher civilizations and do not adapt.They would be incentivized by welfare, or things like universal basic income. That would lead to the degradation of society and not the improvement of the individual.
>Disappearance of traditional elite class. Killing the 1% often turns into killing to the entire upper class. But even killing the 1% still negatively impacts you on the whole, even if your steps below that. They're the movers and shakers, whether you like their working hours or not.
>Collapse of the central administrative organization. This could be avoided by giving power to internationalists instead of national leaders, but don't pretend you would have anything that would even vaguely resemble democracy or even republicanism, and the people running it would probably not share your social values at all(hanging homosexuals, death penalty, etc). That's dodged in the EU because they're universally cultureless degenerates. The rest of the world has preserved their sense of culture. Europeans that are pro-EU are acting as nihilists, and thus null-entities acting to replace themselves as they've already degraded their own in group interests.

>Yeah but what of the third option where the ayys want to forcibly conquer and "integrate" the human species in to their massive empire by force.

Why would they preserve humans when they could use bots that
>don't require food or water
>won't rebel
>don't conflict with their social interests, assuming they have any

And that's all based on the assumption they have the values of maintaining a foreign planetary species(basically a thinking germ) or they aren't functionally artificial themselves.

>create a political system that is democratic but effective and hard to corrupt.
user...
>A nationalist-like human identity
There is no such thing as 'Man'. I know of Frenchmen and Germans, and whatnot, but there is no such thing as man. Won't work
> a civil identity ala US
You mean, use globalisation to mix all Earthly populations and make everything/everyone homogeneous? Sounds like a jewish conspiracy a al /pol/
>an identity linked to Earth
This would work best, but only if in like 50 years we discover this gargantuan system of intelligent aliens like in Mass Effect or something

I don't disagree with all your points, but it sounds like you're plugging your ears whenever an argument is made and just calling BS with no argumentation, or you're drawing from sci fi movie/books.

Well the example I posted is a race whose technology mainly subsists on Biotech and want to use the humans and other assorted earth life for "spare parts" basically, they dont need you per say but they do need your bodies and organs and maybe if your lucky they will brainwash you and incorporate you into their ranks but by that point you really aren't human anyway.

I, for one, support our new alien overlords [spoiler]as long as we can have sex with them[/spoiler]

>want to use the humans and other assorted earth life for "spare parts"

They can't just artificially craft it? We're even on the cusp of that technology and we aren't space colonizers. Any conjecture about aliens is really just wishful thinking desu. We can only plan on how humanity will act.

Disgusting. Mankind should unite and conquer the galaxy in a starship troopers-style conquest. It is our destiny.

That's a very good point. I would assume that its because their own planet is pretty trashed and fucked up already and there is at some point a time when you probably have to consider attacking and harvesting another planet. There also couldn't be any harm in collecting more biological material on top of what your already manufacturing. The wiki tells me that they use the flesh of fallen enemies to create "stroyent" which they need to consume to survive which they can also make from their fallen allies. Food basically. That said I think the guys at ID did not forsee things like artificially grown meat and the like becoming a thing but whatever.

We have a pretty inflated view of ourselves, but I'm pretty sure we're just the sex slave race in the grand scheme of things. The "warrior race" is gonna be the guys that are the most adept and building death robots.

It's only a problem if you don't deal with it. If you support corporate interests over humanity's interest it makes you a traitor.

Take the flag of man forwards, for this Earth of ours!

lol this faggot

at least you're only like 50% /pol/ and still seem reasonable

I meant something like "I'm a human first and an American second" where national identities are kept but global unity is maintained.

Good counterpoint.

You're all right, user. Don't let other shitposters tell you otherwise.

>I'm a human first
A opposed to what, an iguana? There is no such thing as a Human. Compare two people from China and Sub-Saharan Africa and you'll see how little they have in common. Humanity cannot be united as Humans until we aliens just roam the streets or something, and even then those Liberal faggots cunt sons of bitches will fuck it up, saying "Doesn't matter whether you're a Human or a Krogan, we're ALL American."
Simply not possible

>until we aliens
Fuck off, Greenie.

>There is no such thing as a Human. Compare two people from China and Sub-Saharan Africa and you'll see how little they have in common.
What kind of drugs are you on?