Southeast Asian History

So much interesting history.

I'm Thai so you can ask me some things too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8mPV5VKfUXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Give me some highlights concerning war and weaponry. Greatest leaders and battles.

Military history is to history what military music is to music.

Wow, so insightful.

Not really though.

give us Pattani,Yala,Narathiwat and Songkhla back Siamese scum

Got anything on their architecture or some interesting cultural stuff?

Stupas

You Arabized sea monkeys will be under our control again

Yeah, actually not really. But still people's everyday lives are much more interesting.

tippity top kek keep on being the whorehouse of SEA and weep on your dead king

Most stupas and prangs.

They uses to be gold covered in Ancient times.

Houses and palaces were made of wood

Angkor Wat remains one of the best architectural example ive seen

King Naresuan is famous for leading Siam against the Burmese and freeing us from thier vassalage

>Arab sex slave
>Use Latin Alphabet
>Millions of Chinese and Indians

Disgusting non nation

>arab sex slave
arabization and wahabism is getting seriously denounced
>use latin alphabet
what the fuck are using now 555555
>million of chinks and indians
completely functional and contributing part of society which managed to overcome societal roles and economic segregation to form a cohesive nation

i dont have too much love for this nation but hey i just cant subject it to shit arguments

tell me about Chen-la and Funan

I'm Burmese (Karen), things really turned out well for you guys didn't it?, at least compared to us.

Karens are a non-ethncity and should be assimilated to either Thailand or Burma desu.

An identity created by Anglo christians in the 19th century

Why is Vietnams history only war?

I have had sex with several thai hookers so I consider myself an expert on thai culture. I deem them... alright. Vietnam would take them in a fight though.

Why didn't you convert the Malay/Chams into Buddhism?

>butthurt Bamar

Still, you should take pride that Karen Education Department, is miles ahead of the central Bamar one.

also, don't tell people you're Burmese if you're not. Don't pander to the ignorance of outsiders and sell your culture short.

youtube.com/watch?v=8mPV5VKfUXk

Stop couping yourself

reminder that island SEA>insular SEA

except phillipines, what a disgrace, literal tribal nigs living in mud until the muslims came

reminder that if your country arent included in kangs n shiet jungle edition it aint relevant

island SEA is really underrated desu

>except phillipines, what a disgrace, literal tribal nigs living in mud until the muslims came
What do you expect when they don't receive any external cultural influence?

cuz we have to deal with all of those shitty little cunt trying to take our land

Insular and island is the same thing retard

Mainland Southeast Asia and Maritime Southeast Asia was literally the same civilization before Mussies came

maybe in the highlands yes, headhunters and aborigines acted like total nigaboos, but in the tagalog lowlands and the moro kingdoms down south, there were marintime societies that flourished on trade, quite like malacca. So, its not really accurate to compare pre-hispanic phils. to sub-saharans.

Actually, they were influenced greatly by indian and chinese civilizations.

>So, its not really accurate to compare pre-hispanic phils. to sub-saharans.
Sub-Saharan Africans were isolated from most of the world in a harsh, wastelandic environment.

While Flips had a great, lush jungle and they were stuck between two cultural foundations. You're right about it not being comparable in a way.

I'm not shitting on Flips for being backwards, in a way they were just as isolated, but SSA get shit on way too much.

Yet that African "wasteland" is suddenly transformed into an extremely resource rich and impossibly fertile environment the second a white man steps on it. Then it turns into a 'wasteland' the moment he leaves. Makes you think.

Another interesting thing to note is that the location of flip-land puts it in a rather difficult postion, seasonal typhoons often make first landfall first in flip land, meaning every moonsoon season there is a chance that a megastorm will wash everything the early flips worked for away. This can also explain why areas of present day flipland remain severely underdeveloped especially the eastern areas.

All jungle people are backwards, the jungle is clearly not a good place for civilization to develop.

Thais and Viets have done alright. Viets even beat the French and the burgers.

>the jungle is clearly not a good place for civilization to develop.

What about Aztecs and other Mesoamerican civilisations?

Mayas you mean. Aztecs didn't live in a jungle, more temperate mountain and valley climate. But yes, the Maya did good.

>Military history is to history what military music is to music.
War is politics with bloodshed, politics is war without bloodshed

how important are politics for history?

They were way behind Europe, the Mediterranean and Asia.

Post more jungle titties, in the name of History.