Ethereum co-founder interviewed on CNBC

cnb.cx/2ldCBPA

How many of you had the foresight and belief to buy bitcoin when it had already grown to Ethereum's price today? People talk about institutional money in bitcoin but it's looking like the road for institutional money into cryptos will be through Ethereum?

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/chart/chaindatasizefull
youtube.com/watch?v=7Q7WW_vFeig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i cant believe how many times ive had to say this.

Ether is FUEL for the network. If it becomes too expensive then it will be redundant.

jesus christ

ethereum is inflationary
bitcoin is not
ethereum's founder is a literal communist
bitcoin's founder is not

>He doesn't know about Casper

Yeah and institutional money haaaates inflationary currenices r-right....?

Learn about the real world plz.

what benefit does inflationary currencies give them over deflationary currencies?

the price of an ethereum transaction isn't fixed, so it doesn't matter what ethereum's cost per coin is, it has no relation to cost per transaction.

Fucking stupid

but it will effect the cost of erc20 tokens right? and those tokens are the fuel for the apps i believe he is talking about. but im not sure.

They wont be using starting woth etherium because of the uncertainties in context with vb and all the forks and anonymity and so on. Their gatewaycrypto will be xrp, becuase its the only regulated one and they cant put their money into highrisk speculative investments WITHOUT REGULATION. And xrp is the only regulated crytpocompany :) buy xrp

This guy looks like Steve Fucking Jobs with cancer.
I think i can trust that guy.

no, it doesnt affect anything. ethereum could be $1M and it wouldn't make a difference. it also has 18 decimals to work with while bitcoin only has 8, so fees can be incredibly fine grained.

incentive to spend

muhahahaha yeasssss
it will spread to every hard drive in the world
muahahahahaha
it will have too

ethereum actually uses a lot less than bitcoin because you only need to keep the very latest state and block headers, while bitcoin has pruning but you still need to store the UXTOs which has potentially worse growth for the future.

>bitcoin in 2150
dozens of terabytes, fits in a very small part of your computer-body
>ethereum
doesn't exist

>etherscan.io/chart/chaindatasizefull
>no need for full nodes ever, that was just a myth!
kek

there's no such thing as a "full" node, you either have an archive node that store a bunch of old data, which you obviously don't need, and then you have the actual data, which you do need. still don't understand?

>a bunch of old data, which you obviously don't need
holy fuck you are an absolute retard.

you really don't understand how blockchains work do you? stop wasting everyone's time having to read your shitty meme posts kid.

can I make a deal with anyone here? I kind of want to short this guy's networth.

unspend data

i own more crypto than you ever will, don't waste my time.

>unspend data
what does that even mean

Holy shit. You don't even understand what a blockchain is, do you? I've heard about smart money, but you must be the dumb money.

did someone say memes

>Yeah and institutional money haaaates inflationary currenices r-right....?
No, the gov loves inflationary currencies of course.
Because of that they are precisely NOT a good investment.
Saying ETH or XRP or whatever are good investments because they have inflation and might be used as real cash is similar to lauding debased dollar as a good investment. OF COURSE debased dollar became world reserve currency. STILL you would be down like 80% or more in actual spending capability if you had "invested" your money into dollars 60 years ago.
There’s every chance in the world that ETH or a similar project will see ever more widespread adaption. But if so, it’ll likely grow: cheaper. And cheaper.

well I have more crypto compared to all of you combined, don't waste my time.

i'd be curious how much if any he owns

care to share your take on the subject?

Wtf is veriniun

>Ether is FUEL for the network. If it becomes too expensive then it will be redundant
of course it can
There is no hard limit on ETH
And its divideable to 18 decimals
No reason why it cant go to 10k each

No reason not to create 100 bln etherium

of course it can be more expensive
There is no hard limit on ETH
And its divideable to 18 decimals
No reason why it cant go to 10k each

Ether is used to pay the worldwide ethereum virtual maschine to provide verifiable computations. Miners are being payed Ether in fees which is the incentive to continue mining.

When the switch to "Proof of Stake" comes there will be no mining anymore and because staking does not cost too many computational resources the fee for computation on the blockchain will decrease dramatically .....

As the switch to proof of stake is planned in the next 12 to 24 months, the ether amount needed to do a transaction would also decrease by a hundredfold, Which is the reason why the price can go up 100x and the chain will not die !!!!

Ether is used to pay the worldwide ethereum virtual maschine to provide verifiable computations. Miners are being payed Ether in fees which is the incentive to continue mining.

When the switch to "Proof of Stake" comes there will be no mining anymore and because staking does not cost too many computational resources the fee for computation on the blockchain will decrease dramatically .....

As the switch to proof of stake is planned in the next 12 to 24 months, the ether amount needed to do a transaction would also decrease by a hundredfold, Which is the reason why the price can go up 100x and the chain will not die !!!!

how are those ripple bags feeling

Your optimism is good, but the reality is that there is no inherent value in ETH, people aren't trading it for real world goods like BTC is.

However compared to the other coins that are mentioned on this board, this is one of the stable ones.

>>there are people still belive in eth
>>there are people who dont realize even those that work for ethereum are calling the price overpriced and say that it should be around 18$
>>they are people who can so easily be manipulated and extracted money that i dont even know whats the point of my post

it's already host to hundreds of other tokens, and decentralized exchanges for them. predictably, just like bitcoin's use has morphed into being a long term value coin, ethereum's use has become focused around value exchange, only in the form of other tokens built on top of it.

they're both valid uses, and they're both far too ingrained to be easily replaced by anythng else at this point.

LMAO THIS FUCKING BRAINLET, MY SIDES.
Get out before you lose your savings kid.

Gas per transaction is not fixed, the more people use the blockchain the more effective it could potentially become. If we ever reach 1k per ETH that means big institutions are using the blockchain for daily transcations and billions of dollars worth of transactions, which instead of making the blockchain inaccessible like you think will actually turn it far more effective at making transactions and transactions will become cheaper.
Bitcoin is king for now, but the future belongs to ETH, all bitcoin has going on for it it's being the first big cryptocurrency and limited supply.
ETH can pontentially have a limit of around 90million, ETH can manage double and triple the amount of transactions bitcoin canmake per second with less mining and while bitcoin is nearing it's limit ETH can only get better from here.

Bitcoin is king but you're a dumbass if you don't have ETH, it's the future.

It should be noted that

Ethereum = 300
is equivalent to
Bitcoin = $1,200
based on their market caps

So the question you're asking is how many people saw $1,200 as a good price for bitcoin. I think the answer is a lot desu

Ethereum supply is unlimited.
Bitcoin is not.

Ethereum is led by a communist jew.
Bitcoin is led by some virgin nerd in his mum's basement.

Ethereum is supported by all big banks.
Bitcoin is not.

Ethereum is the king of shitcoins.
Bitcoin is the king period.

Premium

Holy shit those two cunts yell a lot

>just like bitcoin's use has morphed into being a long term value coin, ethereum's use has become focused around value exchange, only in the form of other tokens built on top of it.

>they're both valid uses, and they're both far too ingrained to be easily replaced by anythng else at this point.

Absolutely. Only this means BTC will probably go up in value (that’s its literal "use", just like you conceded), while ETH can stagnate or fall, all while being massively used.

Actually, case in point:
>As the switch to proof of stake is planned in the next 12 to 24 months, the ether amount needed to do a transaction would also decrease by a hundredfold

If less ETH is needed to pay for the network’s value proposition (smart contract interaction), ETH demand actually declines and the price goes down.

ETH is great tech. There exists a large ecosystem on top of ETH.
The properties of ETH that have enabled this might be the exact properties that will make its price retract in the coming years.

This. Ethereum is a big part of the kike war on decentralised bitcoin.
Buying it and trading it is shitting in your own nest.

Man you bitcoin sycophants sure are reacting poorly to the dump of your shitcoin. See you at $3,000

See you in the gas chambers, Hymie.

>muh post fork pump

Go back to /pol/ brainlet.

And be surrounded pseudo-kike natsoc retards?

I'd like to see you destroy each other to be honest.

Fight the kike - buy Bitcoin.

cryptocurrency is inherently globalist-forwarding technology and you are participating in it
shouldn't you be pumping magacoin?

possibly, but that ignores that both with have a sizeable amount of speculation involved, and if ethereum pulls of proof of stake then ether's value becomes integral in securing the network.

proof of work requires a cost on electricity, and the security will expand to fill the profitability of the coin vs the cost of electricity.

proof of work requires a cost on ether, and the cost on ether will expand to meet the required security of the network, which is based on it's usage.

>what are fractions
same question, different moron

lol "globalist"

you are the literal reason why this board is shit now. too many of you fucking pajeets are here. leave please.

prove this man wrong.

pro tip: you can't

if you're not into crypto and ESPECIALLY bitcoin for anything other than ideaoligcal reasons get the FUCK out and go lick more boots

no. you just came here and love to say biz was always like that when in reality pol invaded and you are a fucking moron.

WHY WONT ETHER FUCKING PUMP?

WILL IT PUMP FROM ETHEREAL SUMMIT OR DEVCON?

PLEASE I WANT TO DUMP MY BAGS I JUST NEED $315

>what are 18 decimals

Ur retarded

also ether is a shitcoin but only because it has no use case. once it does it's going to explode. to levels previously thought impossible.

>muh flippening
>not buying the dip

bitcoin is literally the opposite of globalism. its decentralized money.

please do remember you must be 18 to use this website

>he doesn't know POS will cap inflation
>he's also a fucking idiot

no
you are all fucking idiots is the problem
get a jab faggot
better yet
start a business
LMAO

>2150
>using 150 year old technology

Jesus Christ.

I mean all of you fucking retards cant stop using "pajeet" cuz you are all that fucking socially retarded and uncreative just like all the other worthless retards on this worthless leftover of a board

I thought I'd say it in a way they understand.

man i can't get enough DAPPS. had to explain to my 80 year old aunt what a DAPP was. she thought this was related. youtube.com/watch?v=7Q7WW_vFeig

priced in