“Fashion”

What’s one fashion trend in history you wish would make a come back and kinda stick around in the periphery of things?
For me, I wouldn’t mind Minoan dresses becoming a thing again. Imagine all the fashion battles during the Oscars and such with such a trend going on. I might actually remember to watch.

I love the Minoans dress, but bare breasts was not limited to Minoans. Egypt as a "civilized" culture and various tribal cultures come to mind.

The interesting question to ponder is, what did freedom of dress and alternately, prohibition of nudity historically correspond to?

Amount of sexual control, I would guess.

Yeah, but is there any correspondence to economic freedom or technology? Do periods of sexual repression go along with times of growth (inb4, penis jokes) in technology etc?

>economic freedom
Not sure what measure you are using, but I would assume in areas with more advanced trade routes there would be more potential clothing materials being used, which would mean people more likely to be covered (clothing that you don't overheat in is pretty great for protecting your skin in hot areas, and warm clothing is necessary in cold areas) and people farther north would also be more likely to cover up.
>technology
The better clothing you can make, the more likely people are to wear it, I suppose.
But also keep in mind that technology can also make clothing more form fitting, cloaks and capes lost popularity when coats became cheap.

>For me, I wouldn’t mind Minoan dresses becoming a thing again.
So say we all, user.

Hanfu

everyone wearing business suits in cities.

With alt right geting in charge, it is extremely unlikely to happen.

Sad

Tang dynasty a qt, but Suri a pure

I dunno, you might manage to get enough of them to get drawn into the whole Julius Evola "ancient Aryans" thing and start embracing the styles/cultures of early antiquity.

For American history I'd say, unironically, both men and women looked their best overall in the 1950's. I know that's a pol meme but ignoring all the other stuff and just focusing on overall looks.

oh you sorry memers.

Corsets.

Good for women bad for men

This, Minoafags out.

What book are these from?

Doublets, the most elegant male clothe ever made

It was published in Archeology magazine in 2000 May/June issue.