BTC

When will this bubble burst and btc becomes worthless ?

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BTC will become worthless when other altcoins come to do everything is does, better than it does.

Bitcoin is tulip mania 2.0

But they already do and have done for many years.

The only reason BTC still has any value is because of speculators and the fact that it is the de facto intercrypto trading currency.

It's big because it's big. Kinda like the US dollar as the international trade currency.

if this were true then bitcoin would have become worthless years ago

What was tulip mania 1.0?

When the Dutch scammed the world with overpriced tullips somewhere back in history.

reading this just fucking hurts
but money won't solve my problems anyways
fuck everything

Tulips became super popular in the Netherlands in the 1600's. Then people started speculating on them. Then the scammers got involved. Tulip bulbs of rare (i.e. Diseased but the diseases made new color patterns) colors became super expensive... like the value of a house.

Anyway, latecomers spent their life savings on tulips thinking they would be super rich and instead they proved the bigger idiot theory.

Tulip Mania became a geek culture thing when Neil Gaiman put it in a big award speech he gave, the. Pop historians wrote about it but of course it was always an economics thing taught in colleges for a hundred years.

Scammed each other*

It'll become worthless as governments and corporations start pushing their blockchain/ coins. The day will come, and they will push. They will push HARD. When I wish I knew, but BTC will fail because if it.

zerohedge com/news/2017-10-21/crypto-currency-calm-storm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29

Inb4 Zerohedge is trash, article is a good read.

sounds like a boomer

when all the financial institutions and governments own the largest portion in order to control its flow and distribution. that's when.

lol no
BTC will always be the top coin/blockchain, no matter how hard they try to replace it.

Why?

Tulip mania lasted 1 year at best, BTC is going for 6+ years now.

don't ask, it's the most retarded comparison you will ever see.

There's no reason for it to be top. The people currently buying it have no idea what they're even investing in. It's legacycoin, it's way too slow. Six-hour transaction times are unacceptable when there are plenty of coins that do the same thing but in a few seconds, and are much more scalable than bitcoin. And also, bitcoin literally can't stop having forks. What a piece of shit. It's going to be replaced.

Kek. Learn about the petro dollar.

Without waging for to maintain that it would crumble

its actually over for decntralized crypto or crypto ingeneral people just dont want to accept it yet, its gonna die because of peoples unchecked greed and theres nobody to actually stop that said greed

Petro Yuan launching later this year. I'm thinking if it causes u.s. markets to fuck up BTC can potentially rocket. Along with gold.

Markets are not the same as the currency USD.
But they will surely suffer yes.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the best devs are all working on bitcoin, and it's the network with the most hashrate, and it's the longest track record for a blockchain ever (something no other coin can ever claim).

You should considering thinking before you keep lossing money by not buying at any price and holding.

Primary difference is Tulips aren't rare, nor do they have any actual use. They also weren't developed on ground breaking technology.

Bitcoin is also not rare.

Alt coins are good for p&d and to earn a quick buck if you're smart. Otherwise most are worthless horse shit. Btc offers a so far proven deflationary store of value that is cryptographically sound. Plus it has the highest network effects. It'll take some drastic cluster fuck on part of BTC to lose its spot

dumb shits: if bitcoin fails, your shitcoins are fucked forever. confidence in crypto would be shattered

An old economic fairy tale.

It's limited to 21 million. It's supply is based off of gold, even the rate at which its mined is based off of gold. Is gold rare?

The market has been thrust up by alts with btc as a reserve. I don't see a reason why a reserve currency like btc would fail. It's unironically more secure than anything on the planet. There could be a flippening to a fork or new alt in the future, but all in all bitcoin or a derivative of bitcoin will exist and will retain confidence in the market.

>six hour
Yeah nah pajeet

Why do people call btc tulips when it has actual value? It has all the upsides of gold without the downside.

because it came first

People genuinely think it's something that some company/person has to have manufactured a limited supply of, like beanie babies or something, so it's "deflationary" yes but also valueless.

I'm not saying they're right at all, but you asked what their mindset is and I think that's it.

See ya in a decade or 2 when I'll be listening to 50-cent Candy Shop in my hover lambo

limited number definitely drives up price.

>the best devs are all working on bitcoin
So why can't they fix it? Oh wait, they can, but they mustn't call it bitcoin.

>it's the network with the most hashrate
Well duh, cause it's the most popular coin.

>and it's the longest track record for a blockchain ever (something no other coin can ever claim).
So what? Who the fuck cares?

never
btc will always be king because it was first and IT HAS THE NAME, yes it's more important than you think
bit-coin, it's already programmed in people's brains and it will be even more when jews in cnn give the its price every morning along Euro, British Pounds etc
it's like with ancient paintings, noone gives a fuck that some modern arts may look better etc, everyone wants the old stuff because it's cool and all
noone will ever give a fuck about some other currencies in terms of getting rich off of them. Even if bitcoin was to fail, there won't be one coin replacing it, it's gonna be a bunch of different coins being used but just as tools not as anything valuable
besides that btc can implement better tech along the way using all other coins as its cucks for testing
can you imagine a grandma paying with other crypto at walmart some day?
>so how much it's gonna be? 3,5arks? ok no problem
fuck no, sound so goofy
what's happening with btc right now IS literally the digital gold rush, whether you poorfags can afford it or not at this moment
It's like saying gold/silver bubble is gonna pop, well guess what, it hasn't popped in hundreds of years
you either have the balls and jump on the train now or you're gonna be telling you grankids how grandpa was a pussy and didn't pull the trigger 40 years ago when your grandchildren will be able to afford a few satoshis and btc will be reserved exclusively for rich fags and celebrities

Bitcoin Core is mostly made up of nuts such as luke-dashjr and sycophants like Btcdrak who weaseled their way into Core, the best devs are in the corporate world making huge money doing other things frankly.

would you say this is equal in scope to how certain families/outliers got to the top of the US imcome bracket by owning or funding massive innovations (oil/cars/computers/internet)

honestly it's already habbening. 2x will be the last great cry of relevance before crypto-mania finally tumbles back into the dust

Time + Resiliency = Trust

That's why people care.