/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

AMD BTFO Edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/bioamber-president-and-coo-steps-down-2017-10-24-1720200
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I got in on AMTX

This is some volatile shit though, has me a little worried

I'm staying long in Volatility, this earnings season is all kinds of fucky.

>was able to sell of my TRXC in premarket for 3.31
Seriously, who the hell buys in premarket?

>mfw sell first thing in the morning, and make 100$ profit
now i have nothing to do

>user you are retarded for saying amd is going to tank after earnings
>user who cares that amd doesnt give dividends
Hopefully I can get back in at 12.5 or even lower.

Nevermind, I guess it wasn't as devilish as I thought.

I think it’s going to go back up today.

Just panicky idiots sold off yesterday. Their earnings were good

CERC

Earnings dont matter when you have no dividends.
Smart people sold at 14 so they can buy in at a lower price.
If you want to make a profit with AMD uou need to buy cheap and sell high.
If you want to long then buy NVDA who are up 200% since last year and actually pay dividends.

>CMG

Just averaged down and bought a shit ton more AMD
I'm holding this bag to the end

>averaging down before its done falling

>dividends matter

when to rebuy BIOA?

also when to dump my LODE?

When this guy comes back and says it was just all a prank bro.
marketwatch.com/story/bioamber-president-and-coo-steps-down-2017-10-24-1720200

The warrent I had on them was rocked by the after hours trading, I feel like this is the best time to buy because the actual hours trading only confirms it even if it could continue to dip a little

>wake up
>chipotle down another 13%
>on top of yesterdays 10%
>approaching the stock losing a quarter of its total value in less than 24 hours

Holy fucking shit

it was a great meme

Fucking IRBT

Earnings was moved to Tuesday

>trusting your money with tacos

>iRobot was up like 7% premarket
>beats quarterly estimates, outlook is good
>down almost 5% less than 30 minutes after opening bell

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS FUCKING MARKET?!?!?!?!?

Scratch Hold until Halloween.

Danke.

good I have a little time thanks
last time I trusted too much and got memed hard

When in doubt

Why can't the goyim learn? When you beat your quarterly estimates, the stock goes down.

The results speak for themselves.

SPI Nooo

I'm hoping this IRBT and AMD bullshit is just big fish trying to shake out some cheap shares from weak hands and that the stock prices will start going up later this week.

learn to stay ahead of the market. thats normal. smart money knew good earnings and were selling their shares at a predetermined price

You got me swearing over here ALT user from the other day

good time to buy some AMD?

why? did you buy the top? its obviously accumulating for another move. some controlled demolition there. dont be a retard and sell at market wait for a spike

Who else here /snug as a bug in a rug/ sitting on $Ally shares?

Woke up to down .20

It was just a little jarring.

Dont buy all at once. I bought 21 but expect to pick up more at 12.5 and the rest at 12 if it gets there.

stairstep up elevator down just like always

>The results speak for themselves.

Except for literally 99.9999999% of cases you shitbrained cunt

>99% of penny stocks work
Okay user. Even the stocks that blow up are ones that arent established companies and get good news. What news is AMD holding out on? Especially right now when they have destroyed their earnings and still got wrecked after the call. Show me one established company that doesnt pay dividends that is constantly increasing. No high volitile stocks.

GOOGL comes to mind

Ill take that loss. Now give me 15 more.

where did those goalposts go

just hold buddy. its either a short attack or someone trying to get cheapies

I just noticed XXII got btfo'd too. Which one's more likely to pop back up quicker AMD or XXII?

I accepted that I was wrong that there arent any good stocks that dont pay dividends. However, thats like saying the lottery is a good investment because one specific person won.

should we expect any upcoming news or anything that would make ALT moon?

Gonna pick up 30 more IRBT at $70.75, I'm expecting it to be back up to $75+ by the end of the week.

UVXY is up almost 3 bucks from Friday, where's that user that said I would lose money?

But thats the point nearly every bluechip continues to rise and doesn't pay dividends

Amazon facebook verizon...

Whoever told me to buy AMTX,

Fuck you. This shit better go back up

I bought at $76, so I'll be holding this until I'm selling at $80+

I think they are expecting phase 2 data in first quarter of 2018.

it's very undervalued and should rise naturally, any good new will send it soaring but really it's a but and hold and should start climbing fast

i-is it over?

does this usually happen on wendsday? everything plummets or skyrockets in the first hour?

Yeah, its all up hill from here, 20 by the end of the year

It's an earnings week thing, you wouldn't understand.

What are they doing to that poor man

You boys think BONT still has enough gas left in the tank?

Rip me. No idea why XXII crashed so hard.

Yeah, it's called Weenie Wednesday. All the weak hands lose out while everyone else buys shit at a discount or sells at a massive gain.

>ER reactions are completly irrational
>Blue chips are at record highs and have little to no room for growth
>Missed the UVXY boat

I need some penny memes ASAP.

Why did ATOS just crash?

AMD

It went up more than 100% yesterday

When is this bullish market going to end lads? This can't be sustainable. When is the fed going to raise interest rates?

Because it's a shitty penny stock that got pumped and now the dumping has begun.

Interest rates will probably get a slight bump at the end of the year.

>When is the fed going to raise interest rates?
Literally over the next month

Will that cause the market to slow at all?

Seems like now where else do you put your money? But when interest rates go up I can think of a few places. I'm no expert though that's why I'm asking...

Who here [/Buy High, Sell Low/]?

There's only two safe places to put your money: in stocks and your mattress.

>Will that cause the market to slow at all?

By definition yeah a little, but I don't see things changing substancially until there's an actual correction

No, I just buy high and hold the bags

>tfw still holding AMD from $14.90 last January

Interest rates going up .25% isn't going to make much difference. Interest bearing accounts (savings accounts, CD's, money markets, etc) aren't going to provide enough interest to make up for inflation and stocks will continue to go up but their momentum will begin to slow.

How are stocks safe?

I want to get into investing more but I feel like I'm at a bad time to get in, and need to wait for a crash.

I thought about maybe just buying a few to get my feet wet on learning stocks, and then when it does crash not be hit too bad... What do you guys think?

>BAC dropping
Hope it keeps going down until I get set up with TD Ameritrade so I can buy BAC+B.

As safe as you're going to get if you're not putting your money in your mattress. Otherwise jews will get their grubby little paws allover your money. Just make sure to buy the stocks that are going up and not down, then you're golden.

Should have sold for a profit yesterday like me, but noooo, it was going to 100.

Tfw been holding NAK $2.30 bags since May, finally fed up and sold out at $1.91 today.. It immediately jumps up to $2.00.

This shit is just so discouraging sometimes.

>$7 per trade
damn. Is that good?

How do I know what to buy?

>What do you guys think?

If you're investing you should be making mony on the bulls not the bears. Even if stocks drop across the board 30% three years from now your plan should be to have made that and more by then.

The whole market is built on a flimsy foundation that the central banks have duct taped together at this point but there's no telling how much longer it can hold together. Could be weeks or years. Just make sure to have stops set and be ready to move your money when the crash finally does come.

Remember user, buy high and sell low.

How though? I thought RH doesn't allow afterhour trading

Eh, I'm only down $200 in my IRBT holdings, AMD has me for -$500 at this point.

You can program set points to sell a stock? Who would buy it if it was crashing though?

>memesla earnings today after hours

Surely the slow as fuck 3 production will finally catch up to them. Surely.

I managed to get out of my AMD position with about a 2% profit this morning. Feels good. Also, fuck the user who was giving me crap about buying at the bottom yesterday.

Asked yesterday, but it was three posts before the thread died.

Aside from possibly buying AMD at a low today and selling when it bounces back up a dollar or two, what else can you guys suggest? Can't daytrade (work rules) so I have to either hold overnight or for longer. Don't mind having to wait a few days or a couple weeks to make a decent profit. Not looking for home runs, I settle for singles.

And yes, I've been in on BAC since 23.02, got out of AMD a week ago when it was at 13.74 and no, not looking for penny stocks.

Why didn't you sell at 2.25 a could weeks ago? Should have eaten that 2% than.

ATVI is looking well for the holiday season

I don't use robinhood,

APPARENTLY YES