Staking (Passive Income) Coins

Is REQ a good coin for passive income? What are alternatives? I'm thinking picking up REQ because it's very cheap right now. $6000/year is the goal, I can wait 3 years for it.

this girl is balding

Get yourself some syscoin.

Not too long from now people regret not having it.

3 years, this is your best bet.
Only other coin that could do this is BTC.

They hired 2 devs a few days ago to build the fucking thing.. why would you put money into this shilled pos?

S Y S B R O
Y
S
B
R
O

Bitbean

Bumping as I have a project related to these
ARK supports staking, right?

how much REQ would you need to make that 6k/yr?

OMG

ODN, STRAT, BITB, NEO, ARK
Tons of shitcoins that "want" to go pos in the future, trash like OMG, REQ, LINK

Idk, judging from the REQ thread I saw before, if all goes well and it gets widely adopted, if it gets 5% of Paypal's volume (assuming it doubles in 3 year's time, which is IMO conservative considering it doubled in just one year), then 20k REQ coins.

Too bad LINK needs special hardware IIRC in order to be a node (i.e. "staking")

Mind shilling me about it?

Yes, ARK's main thing IMO is staking (for profit seekers, that is)

So i can retire with my nearly 600k coins? I will resign tomorrow, thanks user.

>she

I fucked up the numbers in the assumption (doubled volume, etc) but 20k REQ tokens still if this user is right

>

If this user is right
>> 4012497
then sure. In 3 years time, hopefully that would be the case. The staking would be implemented Q2 2018 according to REQ's roadmap, IIRC.

Top Shelf: ARK, RADS, NAV, POSW, LISK, STRAT

Mid-Grade: MOIN, ODN, TRI, BITB, SHIFT, NLC2

High apr Gamble: WOMEN, IFLT, SPRT, RAIN, XPTX, ATOM

Not staking but passive: NEO & BTX

ODN masternodes

user who made that thread reporting in:

Seeing as your timeframe is 3 years from now I'd say that REQ is a pretty decent bet, especially given how ridiculously cheap it is right now. No doubt OMG will be great as well but poorfags like me will get a much better potential return on investment by buying REQ now instead of OMG at 30x.

It took 6 years for Stripe to get to it's current transaction volume of $50 billion, three years from now is a good amount of time for Request to start getting some traction.

As of now we don't know anything about the staking model for Request- they haven't elaborated on it and then again it's not that meaningful until we get to a point where they can give realistic estimates for returns when the necessary infrastructure (Plasma, Casper) exists. In my calculations I assumed that 50% of transaction fees would go to token stakers, and half of the circulating supply would be staked. I also assumed that the transaction fee paid to Request would remain at 0.5%, although it is likely that this will also go down over time.

So with these factors in mind, it's very possible that the speculative numbers that I posted in the thread are on the optimistic side of things.

Just curious, how much money would you be willing to throw in?

Ignoring the staking potential, I'd say that even the growth potential for the token value would make it a much more attractive buy than most of the other coins listed in the thread. Also we know that 3 years from now so many of the coins we're talking about now could have failed or fallen out of relevancy, and I have much more confidence in Request staying in the picture due to the high level of backing behind it.

ELIX

6000?

how much REQ would that cost?

Shift can give you more than 12000$ a year with just 50000$, but it will also go to 5$ some day so is double profit.

> staking rewards
> micro marketcap $200k
> first scandanavian crypto
> working privacy features already, ODN wishes it had this featureset

jump in at ground floor user

No love for Gridcoin on Veeky Forums

Why waste your time staking, when you can simply buy TAAS and get those sweet sweet dividends?

I only have 5 spare ETH, contemplating on whether to go all in on REQ or spare some for Confido, another coin that will have its form of "passive income" (from fees), and some others posted here. Also, I agree. ODN needs 10k for a masternode, Syscoin required 100k, IDK much about others. Other coins are simply too expensive for me since I don't want to go all-in with my whole portfolio on those shit in order to achieve my 6k/yr passive income. Only 5 ETH to spare.

REQ has the highest potential IMO simply because of its below ICO price. It also has the highest risk though for the very same reason. Am I crazy for thinking that there's a chance this would never recover?

What do you mean how much would it cost? If you subscribe to user's estimate, you'd need either 200k coins (if 0.5% fees and 50% of that goes to token holders with total volume equating to 1% of Paypal's) or 20k coins (x10, basically. The x10 is "calculated" from the growing volume/market cap/whatever the fuck you wanna call it of payments processing sector). Honestly just read the thread I linked because my explanation is garbage.

no love for QTUM?

Kucoin shares
see this thread:

If I read it right, I get 8% yearly of the total amount of XCS I have? There are only 250M coins in total though, does it mean it will keep increasing? Sorry, I only skimmed the whitepaper.

I checked Kucoin previously, IIRC on a post on their subreddit, the rep of Kucoin kept on dodging the questions regarding dividends. It would eventually go down to 15% or whatever instead of 50% currently if I understood what he was trying to imply. Cba to get the thread for you but that's the main reason I'm not too excited w/ Kucoin, COSS is better IMO.

Ark will yield 10% a year just by staking/voting.

BUZZ offers 100% ROI per MONTH you autist. That's 1200% a year or 3% per day. It's the only POS coin you should consider.

NEBL

Problem with this is you won't sell your shitcoin due to low volume and also it might fall 50% one day negating all of your staking gains as well as BItcoin rise more and you woudlve earned more just holding bitcoin.

there will be a burn so lets say 150m total supply down the road.

but yes it increases around 8% yearly assuming that everyone stakes, which wont happen.

>he

What do you mean 8% yearly assuming everyone stakes? So it takes into account the total supply before distributing stake rewards? Sorry, don't have much experience in staking.

Well in the optimistic scenario we are assuming that REQ/other staking coins won't be shitcoins, that it would be in demand. Thin sell orders maybe but definitely not low volume. There's always that risk in all altcoins anyway, except there's also the reward that some of these altcoins would outpace Bitcoin's growth.

Waltoncoin. Blockchain + wallet coming out in a few days

5k WTC for a Masternode

id like to coin her passive income if you know what i mean desu senpai

>What do you mean 8% yearly assuming everyone stakes? So it takes into account the total supply before distributing stake rewards? Sorry, don't have much experience in staking.

for it to stake you need to have the wallet open. so if you dont actively stake the 8% global increase wont be realistic

Honestly, keep an eye on ODN and Coss