What do non-Czechs learn in schools about Hussites?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_battle_over_Merklín
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_Bombing_of_Prague
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing

fpbp

That our retarded kings helped save your asses rather than just backstabbing you and regaining Silesia like the Pope himself offered.

t.Pole

War between Poland and Zikmund over the catholic Silesia would be the best thing Hussites could dream of

The only thing that I remember from high school discussing them was just a mention that they were one of the Christian schismatic religious groups in the 15th century. If there was any more, I forgot it.

t. American

they mounted a cartbox to shoot people from it

nothing more

Poland here

>Jan Hus's teachings forecasting Reformation
>His execution causes Hussite Wars
>Jan Zizka's Hussites developed an innovative tactic of wagon fight using firearms
>Something about Polish support for the Hussites, and king's conflict over it with archbishop

>Philippines
>Basically one of the Anti-Catholic European chimpouts that eventually pointed to the reformation and wars of religion.

As is the nature of the Glorious American Education System (Gold Standard), absolutely fuck all.

Did we bomb you at some point?

Nothing. No chance in hell we would learn about anything about Europe that wasn't explicitly about the Reformation, the Romans and WW2.

How were your history classes in school Veeky Forums?
Mine went like this
>Roman Republic and Empire (Condensed to two classes and tests)
>Exploration and Colonization of the Americas
>America during the Spanish and Portuguese rule
>The Reformation
>Independence of Latin America
>American War of Independence
>French Revolution
>American policies in Latin America during the 19th and 20th century

In history there was only one battle between Czechs and Americans. An aerial battle. We won.

I think we learned a bit about their theology and role as pre-Lutheran "protestants" in religion class, but can't remember much, since Luther was considerd more important. In history class the wars were briefly mentioned
t. Kraut

>We won
Nah, pull the other one!

Absolutely nothing.
t.American who was in public school

2 MiG-15 vs 2 F-84, Americans didn't stood a chance

what is the deal with hate on the public schools? Private schools in the civilised world is getting a degree without studying.

low graduation rates and retarded cultural phenomenons like 90's kid-ology appearing.

Got a link senpai?

American private school

You get some namedrops in our reformation unit along with like the Lollards and shit. We didn the learn much besides the fact that it happened

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_battle_over_Merklín

First three weeks holocaust
Second three weeks black history month
Then BIG tests

How fascinating. Thanks user!

[spoiler]Our revenge will be soon.[/spoiler]

nothing

t.finland

Which is sad, because Hus was more sensible.

Hus didn´t had printing press, though.

Latin America basically ignores everything Europe that isn't directly related to the colonies. So literally never even mentioned Eastern Europe once.

About 15 years of nothing but pre-columbian America and 19th century crop exports.

No history of value is taught in Canadian schools

I'm from a place that's made up of like 80% czech immigrants, and I can say for certain: nothing.

They're just a footnote in our history books if mentioned at all, but that's mainly because our history classes are condensed to the point of uselessness and only really cover the world's relation to the US at various points. Before the formation of the US, most history is covered from an English perspective.

well, yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_Bombing_of_Prague

As part of the lead up to the reformation, we mentioned the Hussites, along with Wycliffe, the Cathars and possibly some other stuff.

t. the other slovakia

US public schools are generally ran by underpaid, overworked teachers, underfunded by state and federal governments, and what funding they get is squandered by incompetent bureaucrats who are more interested in collecting a paycheck by preserving the status quo than improving things. On top of all this, the student body is made up of mixed backgrounds with a larger disparity between the rich and the poor and between cultural groups, making the place hostile to both teachers and students alike as children who are completely unsuited to life as a student in an academic institution are forced to attend and disrupt the process for everyone as a sign of rebellion. I'm assuming other countries fix some of these issues by providing better pay for teachers and by having a more homogenous society that makes it easier for students and teachers to relate to each other, not sure what's done about the upper staff though.

I don't know how private schools are ran in other countries, but in the US, generally they're remnants of parochial schools which have strict rules towards attendance (Meaning it's easy to get bounced out if you're a fuckup) or upper crust societies which are made up of some of the best potential students being taught by the best teaching staff money can buy.

>high school

1st year:
>some egyptians, israel, sumer, phoenicia
>greeks, every fucking Solon's reform, colonisation, peloponesian wars, persian wars, etc. etc.
>rome, in great detail, especially the law system and the political system, more focused on the republic

2nd year:
>migration of the peoples
>slavs and how we're some special snowflake
>frankish expansion, feudalism
>HRE intrigue, habsburgs, slovene lands under german lords
>renaissance and italy
>the new world and the opening of the global trade
>reformation and printing press
>manufacturies, change in social classes, opening up of the strict feudal social life

3rd year:
>a bit on colonisation
>absolutism
>briefy, english and american revolutions
>french revolution in great detail
>spring of nations in great detail
>slovenes and nationalism under A-H
>napoleon and the german borther's war
>some more slovenes and nationalism
>guys, da german man was keepin' us down, we wuz da poor slav n shieet

4th year:
>1st world war
>post war formation of yugoslavia
>da serb man keepin us down
>communist revolution
>2nd world war
>oops, better stop before we get to post-war communist killings tovarisch )))))))

defenestration

>Virgin Brown vs. Chad Šrámek

I don't give a fuck as long as we get Silesia. Zikmund and Bohemia can both die. In fire.

They were Proto-Protestants and were oppressed by Germans/Catholics

t. Frog

We touch on it for all of five minutes and then never mention it again.

>YOU BE OPPRESSION US N SHEEEIT
Why are protestants so cringy? Their whole existence is oppression to human sensibility.

We don't

t. papist

Basically evil in human form because of spanilé jazdy.
t. Slovak