What does Veeky Forums think of jordan petersons youtube lecture "Maps of Meaning"...

What does Veeky Forums think of jordan petersons youtube lecture "Maps of Meaning"? I watched the first 4 videos and it was kinda cool, so maybe someone watched it too and can say something about it, or about peterson in general, or read the book and can say something about that.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQAGbKJNDrRa6GNL0iL4KoOj

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/profile/Jordan_Peterson2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Overrated but still good, especially as working professors go.

Pretty good, overall right about most things that he says and has scientific research to back his statements up, with the extra bonus of accessibility, I'm considering picking up his 12 rules for life book

one of these days Jordan Peterson is going to hear a very loud popping sound. The sound of his head popping out of his ass

>has scientific research to back his statements up
Kek.

he hasnt? i mean, he is a scientist

Clean your room.

The fact someone is a psychology lecturer doesn't magically mean anything they make up has scientific research behind it.

>I have an IQ of 350
>Postmodernism n shit
>Give me all your money on patreon

he has done factual documented researches
>i believe postmodernism is wrong, here's why
>if you feel like supporting me i have a patreon account
what a jew amarite xD

>>Postmodernism n shit
this is objectively correct though

Get off Veeky Forums.

His reliance on jungian archetypes really shows off what sort of psychologist he is.

The best his critics can come up with are insults and complaints that he has a patreon. Apparently it's absolutely immoral and proof of fraud if you give people the option to donate money to you, even though all of his youtube stuff is for free.

>yeah you know jews have a very high IQ
>it's just normal that they are overrepresented in politics and medias
>judeo-christian civilisation :^)

This.

You guys know that your brain really does have instinctual archetypes of thought and behavior built in, right? Your cortex structure and the neuronal connections are partially determined by genetics alone.

a succesful one

I wouldn't call it reliance, he does use them as a tool and as a way to explain concepts, but it's not the base of his ideas. He's also an objectively successful and accomplished psychologist.

a fucking great psychologist, yes.

Your completely inarticulate response speaks for itself about how much scientific research he actually has for this garbage.

If he he had actual (sic) "factual documented researches" (for this specific topic, not "any paper he has had published ever") you would have linked to them rather than posting gibberish at me.

He's clearly intelligent and very well spoken, but like all psychologists he's also full of shit about anything to do with the mind.

>jungian without alchemy

I like him

>there are people on Veeky Forums right now who think they know more about the human mind than professional psychologists with many papers published

It's not like all Jews are in cahoots with each other and don't earn any positions. There's a tradition of going into higher education, being very literate, and engaging in debate and questioning about intellectual topics.
t. Jew

I study neuroscience, biology and chemistry, and studied psychology for a year before leaving, so I think I have a fairly decent basis for criticising the pseudo-science known as psychology.

>I study, I study

Yeah buddy we all went to college and took some biology classes. You're a clown if you honestly believe being a student makes you more qualified to discuss human psychology than a doctor with his credentials. It's such a level of batshit narcissism that you should seeing a therapist.

Psychologists are all full of shit. Anyone that isn't a retard can see just how much of a pseudo-science the field is. Their only valid points are facts stolen from biology, and the rest is either completely false or complete guesswork. Taking psychology seriously in 2018 is a fucking meme.

>positivist stemlord doesn't understand the validity of social science

No surpirse

I bet you genuinely consider yourself a rational person and educated on the topic despite this circus you're putting on.

Just cause you wasted your time and money studying a worthless social study doesn't make me wrong.

The best part is that you could absolutely make a valid case about psychology, but you decide to go full retard and say it has no merit at all, rather than a measured and reasonable argument. Behaviorism alone proves you wrong.

Wrong on all accounts.
I'm a CS undergrad from EUROPE

>having to pay for education

Well, when you get a job and start paying the absurdly high taxes you Europeans do you'll end up paying for it.

Well, I DO work, actually

here you have a list of 120 of them
researchgate.net/profile/Jordan_Peterson2
you also sound like a complete tool you fucking dumbass

Because there are literal manchildren on this site that will criticize anything behind a veil of anonymity without reciprocated criticism of their own hypocrisy or stupidity. They somehow think that they know what's right or what's silly and never hesitate to spout their underdeveloped and misinformed opinions either to reinforce a common line of responses to achieve some sort of consensus comedy or to assert themselves as shomehow men who already have everything figured out.

While a lot of people from diverse backgrounds, opinions, and identities do browse Veeky Forums, the sad reality is that they are heavily outweighed by an extremely homogenous demographic of sad omega-males who either live with their parents or leech off welfare. In yet, they know how to fix the economy with wisdom from their frog-deity, shout "feminist" whenever someone disagrees with them, and can objectively oust a hack Canadian professor because he's telling people to better themselves.

You should really remind yourself how pathetic this site is.

Is Jewish culture and history worth looking into? They seem like a pretty off-the-radar group from discussions and the news considering the fact that, as an extreme minority, they own an extremely disproportionate share of the world's wealth compared to literally every other demographic.

Do you realize what a dumbass you just proved yourself to be by linking him to general papers by him, rather than ones supporting the claims being discussed? You literally just did what he accused you of doing.

are you aware that "paper" in this context is short for "research paper"?
not only are you a tool, you are also an ignorant and illiterate tool, classy

Except the people who are falling for this hack are the same demographic as you're talking about, faggot. Stop acting as if Peterson isn't just self help shit.

he's a fucking psychologist, of course he's self help you buffoon

The difference between a self help hack and a prolific psychologist is that the latter is actually qualified to give that advice.

That has to be the most retarded criticism I see them throw at him.

made me think desu

Then stop talking about this nigger as if he's dropping hot truths. Why should a psychologist get this much projection for helping mentally ill people? You don't see threads being made for other psychologists.

>He is a psychologist, he is a psychologist.
A literal proto-science whose members can't replicate a single study or understand basic calculus.

>that pic
Man, I thought I saw autism when I was still browsing Veeky Forums but that is truly clinical autism right there.

he doesnt have any scientific claims
>user proves he does
well you didnt say he published papers
>gives you a list of a few of his published papers
WELL YOU DIDNT POST LITERALLY THE EXACT PAPER I WAS THINKING OF IN MY HEAD AND NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT

jesus christ dude just stop posting and clear your head.

Don’t mind him but he’s too much of a poor mans sam Harris for me

i've already read jung years ago, so the ideas weren't new, and i didn't see much appeal in watching ideas i was already familiar with being applied to disney cartoons. also his lectures go for too much mass appeal (i.e. he dumbs it down) so he takes a long time to explain things which could be stated much more succinctly. i can't be bothered to sit through that. i think i got halfway through the first lecture and watched bits and pieces of other ones.

>hack professor
Lol petey Pete is many things but a hack he is not

I've been meaning to ask, is he influenced by Nietzsche?

Nietzsche, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Carl Jung,
Freud, and Alexander Solzhenitsyn are his biggest influences.

are those archetypes jungian

Painful to listen to and sounds like watching a college senior talk about philosophy.

>He's also an objectively successful and accomplished psychologist.
I would say the opposite is true
having a Ph.D is his greatet success and accomplishment

He's a better than average self-help guru but like most of these he's only helpful to give motivation to those who are receptive to his mindset.
Biggest flaw is that his rhetoric is unrealistic for a lot of cases (motivation and effort is not all what is needed to succeed) but again he is really targetting lazy bums who have some actual potential, which I guess doesn't make him that good because obviously you will good results with that kind of demographics but it's still a worthwhile job.

No reasons to dislike him besides bait threads and maybe him pushing his political agenda a little bit.

Is he a religionfag and/or /pol/fag?

no you idiot, he's a fucking nobody in academia.

>PHD
>professor at Harvard and University of Toronto
>has published a paper every year since 1989 despite only 1% of scientists publishing at least once per year
>9k+ citations on google scholar
>
>durr he’s a nobody

maybe i am too much of a brainlet but it's crazy how he is able to infer about someone's behavior and characteristics on the spot

He says he's religious but he is mostly LARPing

he's a cultural christian

>jungian
Not him but yes and no. They are jungian in the sense that Jung identified them, but they are natural or a mixture of natural and social impulses.