I want to talk about Christianity and how it's seemingly devolved...

I want to talk about Christianity and how it's seemingly devolved. I don't want meme answers like "fucking papists" or "fucking prots". How is justified over history and now for churchs to amass so much wealth as institutions? Fucks like in pic related don't need a mansion to preach the gospel, and the pope doesn't need a golden throne to run the church either. What purpose does having huge wealth like this serve to further god's interests. Why aren't more preachers sworn to vows of poverty?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/06/03/pastor-creflo-dollar-might-get-his-65-million-private-jet-after-all/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the only true christians are baptists in the rural american south.

God grants fiefs to people. Priests included.

No.

So it's God's will for some evangelist on tv to get a private jet?

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/06/03/pastor-creflo-dollar-might-get-his-65-million-private-jet-after-all/

even if they are not white they are still the true Christians. deal with it

Jesus told the parable of the mustard seed. While the smallest seed a man would plant in his garden, if left untended it would grow into a shrub tree that the birds of the air could nest in.

The mustard seed is a church.
Growing unkempt is not keeping the population only Christians, but allowing in all people.
Growing to the size of a shrub tree is what you see; the tentacles reaching all around the earth.
The birds of the air are demons.
The church has therefore outgrown itself by including people not saved within it, and grown so much that even the demons feel comfortable nesting in it.

Christianity does not run unopposed on this world. There is a constant and relentless demonic force seeking at all times and in all places to pervert, corrupt, destroy, and kill.

If you are unaware of this spiritual war that rages about you, I would suggest you consider yourself a prisoner of war.

Delusions of the Heretic, your people do not know the Bible and your priests are like the Pherisees

I don't understand. Are you saying that the commercialization of Christianity is it's corruption?

who can say?

Churches in the early days were a few families meeting in each other's homes once a week.

There is nothing in the bible that indicates that should have changed.

I mean, that's a fair point. But by the Bible, I find it hard to believe that Jesus would espouse giving up your possessions and wealth to only flip around and allow preachers to live like feudal lords today.

I actually agree. My friends who's Christian keeps telling me that I need to go to church but I don't like his church because they spend 10 minutes telling me to tithe extra when the have a few Gs worth of instruments and electronics on stage as well as a freaking coffee shop. Rare do I see actual gatherings of believers that doesn't seem commercialized.

Christian tithing is an oxymoron. Tithing in Judaism was part of their economic system. 11 tribes got land, and all wealth is derived from the land. The 12th tribe, Levi, had to run the temple, the courts, the government, etc. Because they could not and did not own land, the other tribes kicked in 10% of what the land provided them, and gave that to the Levites.

So hypothetically the Levites could collect 110% of what the land provided the other tribes.

There is no such accounting in Christianity; we give out of the blessings we have received, and with a joyful heart, or not at all.

The wealth is there as an example of what happens to people who truly have faith. Are you really going to listen to some dirty, unkempt preacher about the glory of God, or the guy who is actually evidence of God's goodness?

But shouldn't that be to your fellow man before the church?

The people who enter into the New Covenant with Jesus are people zealous for good works.

You do not have to twist a born again Christian's arm to get them to give, whether to their fellow man, their neighbor, or their church body.

The best churches I was ever in did not even have an offering. There were just boxes in the foyer for people to put in money if they so desired.

It is in people's basic nature to want to give when other people give them something of value for free.

The head of the RCC sitting on that gold throne is identified in the bible as the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon.

To follow him is to be cast alive into the lake of fire, where he will be cast alive.

I need to go to the churches you go to user. They sound great.

Yeah because Jesus toured Galilee in his BMW

The magisterium of the church serves both a theological and practical purpose, as contained in pic related. For the theological side, the precious metals and such are pleasing to the lord, and thus are churches built from them. For the practical purpose, having a large, grandiose church and office attract more followers which contribute more money which can be used for more charitable actions. This works similarly to a business which requires starting capital to invest and make additional money so their purpose can be achieved.

Try the Gospels

Christianity has an authoritarian bent, and American Protestants have taken than to a new level. Prosperity Theology is a corruption and they hijacked it to make themselves rich. It's an outright scam.

>Ignoring the fact that Jesus was basically a hobo.