*hits blunt*

>*hits blunt*

>dude have you ever like noticed that schools and hospitals are like totally the same a prisons, bro?

>*dies of AIDS*

Public tax funded schools and mandatory education/attendance are disgusting though

underage b&

Mandatory education is a form of imprisonment. They're prisons for children and adult teens.

Imagine being this retarded

why are all these post war "philsophers" such complete and utter trash?

>Mandatory education is a form of imprisonment. They're prisons for children and adult teens.
write an album

Just continentals

not an argument, retardos.

What I said about an album is the definition of an argument

because midwit pseuds love anything French and pretentious

>Foucault himself admitted he played fast and loose with sources to make a more compelling argument
>"Yeah well if he wasn't right, why would everyone cite him? Critics BTFO"

>make the world a better place
delusional grandeur. No wonder you think making a bridge is philosophy with such trite understandings.

If Foucault was so smart, why did he get wasted on poppers and let fifty men tear dat ass up in a San Fran bathhouse?

Didn't he create his entire pseudophilosophy for the sole purpose of attracting boy pussy?

So what were some of Foucault's key observations? That madness is a social construct? What else?

because he had already lived a good and accomplished life

user I didn't like being stuck there 5 days a week either but I wouldn't call it prison.

A bridge is the will of sapient beings made manifest in quite a sophisticated and meaningful way. To develop the technology as well as gather the resources to build it, humans had to first question themselves and tear apart their ego and psychological crutches in favor of a realistic view of the world, they had to put aside short term hedonism and gamble on a long term project that could potentially fail, they had to be meticulous and ruthlessly pragmatic, they had to work together and learn to respect each others' rights (despite them being "spooks").

Imagine some nerd trying to convince high school Chads to join his programming club. Imagine if he actually succeeded and got them interested in careers in IT. What kind of charismatic little shit would someone have to be to achieve that? That is what the more rational analytic side of "western philosophy" has accomplished. I see nothing simplistic or trite about any of it.

Scrutiny from continental philosophy is welcome, accepting scrutiny is part of the reason why "western" science was such a success, I do not blindly laud it like /pol/ or whoever triggered you. That said it has held up to scrutiny while continental philosophy and its peers have fallen short. CP presents itself as innovative, yet it is not modern or postmodern or anything new. The natural starting point of human intelligence is to do the opposite of what I described in the first paragraph, to a layman scientific theories are no less validated than animal spirits and I don't blame them, neither do I want them to have faith in science, I want them to learn and see for themselves. Having done so for myself how can I simply sit and nod my head and agree with everything Foucault says as you demand? Why would I take a step backwards?

I honestly can't wait for Charter schools to completely abolish the public system. It's going to be hilarious when I turn 50 and the kids reaching college age are dumber than Ugandans.

The institutionalization of various functions is the logical outcome of the development of modern capitalism, previously there were private schools and academies of all sorts that might hace been connected to religious institutions like places for treatment of illnesses as well and instead f prisons the would be dungeons or other forms of more immediate corporal and capital punishment. The large scale organization and systematization of laws, politics, and academics all combined is also attributable to the modern capitalist world.

>dude society like, puts you in like a box man
French Philosophers were a mistake

>tfw too smart to avoid having your brain devoured by fungus thanks to an easily-avoidable STD

Foucault...Foucault had a hard life

He just lacked nuance, which almost all the modern philosophers of power do.

Just because prison has a hierarchy of power and authority that is similar to schools and psychiatric hospitals does not mean they are the same.

>they had to put aside short term hedonism
you are a sophist. A hedonist would like a bridge.

Foucault was CIA, like most French "thinkers"

I never understood this passage.

>"I too agree with Derrida, what Marx did for economics, I seek to do with culture"

He was a fag who cares