Aren't you afraid by this one?

Segwit4X will be the real winner

i choose bitcoin silver.

Not worried, I'm all in on alts and while it may fuck with their price, it will be temporary.
But I hope it succeeds and puts and end to all further contentious hard forking for the next few years.
I also want to see /r/bitcoin get absolutely BTFO when their shitty outdated chain dies.

Bitcoin Dutch.

My question is, if a bitcoin fork or derivative ever becomes more mainstream than BTC itself, does it get to be called bitcoin? I feel that the title is important.

yes. coinbase even said theyre gonna sit back and watch which chain the community picks. Theyll then rename if needed

What's the proper way to play this?

Is it worth the risk to buy alts before the fork?

ahhh ok, cool. sounds stressful though, being that we;ll have to carefully watch which one actually matters and might potentially be moving lots of money around

also, when is the next scheduled btc drama?

don't we already have 2mb blocks thanks to segwit? wasn't that the whole point of segwit? to have bigger blocks without a hard fork? now what's the point of this one?

thats what i thought too - all these forks are going to fuck crypto so hard while a few greedy fuckers get rich - off us

it wont be as bad as bitcoin cash

2X might be something but still comfy with core

>Ethereum hardfork is proposed to improve the network
>miners agree
>hardfork takes place seemlessly
>network is improved showing instant results
Meanwhile...
>btc forks proposed because network is fucked for the last 5 years
>muhhhhhhhhhhh bitcoin cash fork
>muhhhhhhhh mining farms
>muhhhhh not the real fork this is the real fork
>muhhhh countdown to a countdown to a countdown to a countdown
>muhhhhhhhh china
>muhhhhhhh giving mining back to the people
>muhhhh yet another countdown
>muhhhhh snapshot already took place
>muhhhhh yet another fork
>muhhhhhhhh futures
>muhhhhhhhh reddit drama
>muhhhhhh blocksize
>muhhhhhhhhhh longest proof of work
>muhhhhhh contencious fork
>muhhhhh exchanges that favour forks
>muhhhh segwit
>still fuck all improvement on the network
What a bunch of screeching morons

It looks to me like all forks are failing. Decreasingly significant BTC pump precedes each fork, followed by massive dump of forked coin extracting all the artificial value injected prior to the fork, then slow death of the new coin. The market is already wising up to this.

Core devs should have proposed a scaling solution years ago, but muh offchain solutions n shiet. This conflict will be the end of bitcoin, consumers have no idea what is going on, there is going to be 4 to 5 different versions of bitcoin because of pure incompetence

All these forks are the result of only one thing: Bitcoin price rally.

These fuckers could have forked the shit out of Bitcoin since 2013 because scalability issues have been completely documented and predictable for years, but no, all the fork HAD to happen right now because Bitcoin price is up to the tits. Fuck this

It's "of" not "by", Pajeet.

really makes you wonder how ETH hasnt increased past BTC yet.

What you niggers fail to understand is power. Bitcoin is like a new religion and these devs are its prophets seeking to capitalize on that.

Shit like ETH is centralized in the sense that the dev team actively has their "Satoshi" leading the project. There is little to no questioning project direction from the community. This isn't a bad thing, its just different and in fact great that both these systems exist in the crypto space.

Its just that BTC (and future forks) is now and will forever be the coin people battle over hegemony. Oddly enough because it is an "anarchist" coin, but holds all the power. Funny how that works.

HAHAHAHAHAH WTF 1000 THANPIECE OF SHIT?

Man don't you just love fixed prices

I'm not buying any of hese memes so maybe they are making rich off of you

Ok so someone help a noob grasp some things here.

Right now it looks like around 77-80% of the hashpower supports B2X. The split happens, the 1X will have so little hashpower that miners cannot find blocks, leaving it basically locked up for an unacceptable amount of time, thus it will die.

Is this correct?

Whats the point in SegWit AND bigger blocks? Surely just having bigger blocks will be sufficient?

No. Some big part of the hashpower has supported B2X, but has since withdrawn support. And BTC is still too valuable for all that hashpower to just move to B2X, specially since most exchanges/businesses will wait and see how safe it is and what comes of the replay protection not being implemented by the devs.

It will just be a BCC v2, probably will start dying a slow death sooner.

It's a middle ground, and more flexible than just bigger blocks.

>but has since withdrawn support

So then what is the actual hashrate at? I'm going off coin.dance/blocks

You think
This is my first dip

I see, I expected it to have already decreased. We should then have the hash power bounce as difficulty adjusts like with BCC.

But answering OP, long story short, BTC will only grow stronger from this, just put your money on a Segwit2X compatible wallet with replay protection and enjoy the ride, or bet on shitcoins that will crash until then.

Hmmm its almost as if there is some nefarious alterior motive for these contentious hardforks

>Segwit2X compatible wallet with replay protection

Such as?

Wouldn't that be any wallet which you own the private keys?

You guys know that it'll fuck up transactions right? Like if you transfer B2X, there's a chance that it'll transfer BTC too.

there isn't a proper way, shit's bananas

I moved everything to ETH and am staying there until it's over

the point of segwit is to implement the lightning network and side chains, which blockstream took out patents on. so no, they never planned on giving you bigger blocks. they are trying to turn bitcoin into a settlement network to force people into using the lightning network, which they will own.