Why was everyone so unironically happy during the 50s? What happened to change things?

Why was everyone so unironically happy during the 50s? What happened to change things?
youtube.com/watch?v=RBk8wy_I5WA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E-62QgzmcDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is television

>TV shows = accurate portrayal of reality
La creatura ...

>Why was everyone so unironically happy during the 50s?
Protip: they weren't.

There's TV show footage of people from the 50s. The medium isn't the point though.

have another valium

Are you fucking retarded

No, I'm a well adjusted adult posting on a discussion hub for cartoons from the Orient.

Youdo realize the atomic family was a lie right?

People didn't really have mothers and fathers?

>it's the classic "everyone is as bitter and depressed" me response

t. sociology professor

I think historically inclined people have an automatic tendency to try to deconstruct any premise you introduce to them. If the OP had been about why people in the 50s were so sad there'd probably be lots of responses about how happy everyone was.

It's called the nuclear family you fucking wiener cleaner

9/11

The H-bomb family was a lie

this is a really asinine line of questioning for an adult

Why did donkeys get associated with stupidity in the first place? They don't seem that stupid to me as far as animals go.

Let's see
>economic prosperity
>Euphoria after winning WWII
>America became a global power
>Technological progress
>new trends in art aren't confined to ugly brutalism or ridiculous modernism
>The more destructive aspects of consumerism hadn't yet kicked in. People still valued family and nation.
>Christianity was still Christian. No cucked protestant churches, no Vatican II. Prayer still allowed in schools, a general spiritual sense still existed in society
>families stayed together. No rampant divorce rate, no rampant crisis of unwed mothers and children born out of wedlock
>Vice like homosexuality was still discouraged in public spaces and confined to the closet.

>No cucked protestant churches
Wait, what? Weren't the majority of Christians in 1950s US still protestant?

They fell for spooks like God & country. We've since abandoned those in favor of the nihilism meme, but we're discovering just how awful that is. Unfortunately, it seems like people want to regress back into spooks rather than embracing the Einzige.

It's kind of like this...

Childhood/1950s
>police are good because they have uniforms and you must obey them!

Adolescence/Present
>fuck those guys, they're just regular guys with uniforms!

Adulthood/Future
>y'know, it's kind of nice and beneficial to have guys in uniforms who maintain some order

yes but they weren't obsessed with social justice like they are now.

People hate cops because they want to speed and smoke weed everyday. Anti-cop sentiment is just a result of the niggerization of American society.

>so unironically happy
Stop talking like this.

Nah, back in the 1930s and 1940s you still had the "Where's your warrant, flat-foot?" mentality.

Not sure.

That's exactly what it is though. People are happy in public sometimes today, but only ironically, like because something bad happened in the news.

>brainlet who's never read Catcher in the Rye or Naked Lunch, or really studied any art or literature at all or watched "Animal House"(though that's sort of the early 60's it's basically the late 1950's), "American Graffitti", or "Stand By Me".

>implying this is why people hate cops.
>not because cops tended to be sleazy corrupt and nosey slobs looking for an excuse to shake you down for bribes or whatever.

You're being a brainlet and confusing ignorance with stupidity.

calling things a spook is a spook

>generalizing

Stubbornness

They weren't black. People got upset when blacks were invented.

You're generalizing too user

>>generalizing
>People hate cops because they want to speed and smoke weed everyday

what am i generalizing?

Veeky Forums truly is the house of brainlets

>Memory of far worse times
>World was in ruins = economic prosperity of those untouched

Shitloads of pills.

Widespread use of valium, Meprobamate and other drugs by bored housewives.

There was a song about it. youtu.be/E-62QgzmcDQ

>>Vice like homosexuality was still discouraged in public spaces and confined to the closet

Surely that'd make people more unhappy, user?

The "economic prosperity" part is the only thing in your list of any significance. U.S. industry had the competitive advantage of not having been bombed to shit in the war. Anything you could make, you could sell.

Unions were strong, so ordinary people had prosperity compared to other times.

TV, and most of the rest of the culture, was all about the kids, because postwar baby boom.

You're using a tv show to measure how "happy" people are?

Do you also think people have super powers nowadays because that's what tv shows?

But aren't recreational pharmaceuticals even more frequently used today?

What third world shithole are you from? Do you also have to worry about Master Blaster stealing your oil?

The US third world

It's another romanticization of history thread.

>atomic family

desegregation ruined everything

>t. White boi mad that Stacey went to the prom with Tyrone.

It was the time before the jewish bullshit kicked into high gear.

What would the US be like if Lincoln got to send the slaves to Africa like he wanted? Would we just stay in a utopian 1950s-like state forever?

Because everyone remembers how awful war is and is happy to be rich

user are you suggesting Catch*r *n t*e R*e is good?

>implying I shouldn’t be able to “speed”
If my moving violation occurs at 3 AM on a road that hasn’t been regularly used since I was young enough to roller blade down it who the fuck was the victim? I’m a fully functioning adult who keeps his fun times away from other cars, why does this abandoned road need a fucking camera?

They weren't, you autist.

Why was every black person so unironically civilized, educated and upper middle class during the 80s? What happened to change things?

CIA crack cocaine social engineering program, next question.

underrated post.