Should i get this checked at a doctor

Should i get this checked at a doctor

A deadlift scratch?

>Abrasion of skin
Don't waste the doctors time

First time out of the basement and you got a boo boo huh?

No wonder my wait times are so long

Cute leg

wh y are you asking here??? get to the hospital now this is a serious injury!!!!!!!!!

Actually from work, had a metal part of a trolly fall and hit me on the shin.
Looked like i could see subcutaneous fat after cleaning the wound.
Had to think quickly so i applied some cotton and fastened it with office tape due to lack of proper supplies.
Wound dimensions are 9mm*5mm with a depth of 1 to 2mm
Should i be worried about infection?

Looks like a brown recluse bite. Too late you're already dead op.

Unless you're really hypochondriac and don't have your vaccines up to date I wouldn't waste someone's time over this.

Just use a disinfectant and bandages, you'll be fine.

Thanks man

>he doesn't shave his legs every fortnight

You should always be worried about infection, however, keep it moist with stuff like a thin layer of patroleum jelly and a bandage. Clean it once a day but not aggressively.

Honestly, you'll be fine. If you start seeing a pimple form at the spot, or puss (weeping of clear jelly fluid is normal) I'm talking real puss, or you get a fever, then you go to the walkin clinic. Other than that, keep a layer of patroleum jelly on it and a bandage. It'll heal faster if it stays hydrated and doesn't get dried out.

If you use antibiotic ointment, take it easy with it. Apply a thin ass layer over the open cut. That shit goes a long way and keeps working for days so you don't need to slather it on all the time. Let your body do the work and use antibiotics only when your body can't handle an infection.

you don't need to clean it, put neosporin, cover it up properly, in 24 hours check it again and reapply another bandage. As long as you don't get infection you're gucci. Congrats on your scar

Is your tetanus immunization up to date?

I meant you dont need to go to the hospital, but do clean it of course

I had a nearly identical wound. Didn't think anything of it.

Eventually it got infected and I got really sick. Horrible fevers. There's still a weird scar there today

This does not bode well

Hard to tell from the resolution of the photo, but it looks like a case of deadlift-clap. I had a similar experience, scraping my knees on the deadlift at my local gym which is known to be frequented by some slut-lifters. These dudes are dirty and they scrape their syphilis shin-sores all over the bars..

I recommend everyone take anti-bacterial wipes with them to the gym and thoroughly scrub the bar down prior to deadlifting, especially if you scrape your skin a lot or lift in shorts.

Throw some anti sepctic on it if you're worried apart from that throw a bandage on it and she'll be right

this is from over a year ago, still looks like this

it's called a scar you retard

I have at least 8 of them on my ankles and shins from soccer

You are joking OP, ive scratched myself worse than that. Fucking sort your life out.

It got infected and I was sick for like 2 weeks. Shit was literally like green.

> wound
> bruise
> wound

its not a bruise lol

How the fuck do you function daily if this braise scares you?

No you're right, its diabetic necrosis and that leg needs to go. Better get on disability soon as possible.

Is that... a 9?