Fatty general

Last Thread What is fatty general? A thread for fat members of Veeky Forums who want to start eating healthy and lose weight.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get though it to better ourselves.
At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

Daily reminder you fapping habits mtter

Well i am currently around 266lb and intend to try to get down to 200lb, 5'9.

I dont intend to be hyper masc or a skellington, i like being slightly chubby like pic related but i do intend to keep it around that level

I was referring once i get to 200lb, i am currently at 266 and losing slowly with diet and some home exercises.

But i want to be around that pic related body which needs some daily exercise anyway so i assume it ll be useful ONCE i get to 200lb and have the$$$ to get some machine home to work with to keep that bodytype.

Fatty reporting in

I'm 6'2
Last May I was 310, now I'm 235 and working down (but I've been slacking off recently).

What do you guys do to keep on track? I want to hit 200 before summer
(a number I haven't seen on a scale since middle school)

Ex-fatty here.

You guys might be looking for a support group, but this is a perfect place for fatlogic to take root and fester.

Remember that the sticky trumps everything you read ITT.

>weight stalled
>pants keep getting looser

Could this be me gaining back the muscle that I had lost during my two year hiatus from lifting? This has been going on for like three weeks now.

>have the$$$ to get some machine home to work with to keep that bodytype.
jogging in the park is free. Doing pushups is free.

fatties need to get educated (sticky) and then bullied (rest of Veeky Forums), you don't need a hugbox

Arent certain tools way more effective at the end of the day though? I mean if you could do everything faster without any of those tools then we wouldnt be making those tools.

Again though like i said, this is for the future, right now i am doing certain exercises(wall pushups and others, real ares are nope.jpg) and diet

That's why we're here, Bearmode here still.
I don't have a life outside of work, the gym, blacksmithing and my fiancé. Quell the fat logic and set people on the right path.

help me keep them in check then

t anorexic

Daily reminder IIFYM is a good diet that lets you enjoy unhealthy fatty foods and lose weight.

You dont need to eat ultra healthy shit like rice/chicken for your entire life.

it is a simple calorie deficit that you need

Agreed this is what I preach.
Energy out > energy in and you'll lose weight. Stay on your routine and on the IIFYM plan and you'll definitely lose weight.
No more pretended it's your genetics and other bullshit. You're fat because you binge and are sedentary, period. Don't come on here and point fingers because we're all adults here and the person responsible for your gross body is in the mirror.

Ketofag here, down almost 50lb. I hit my goal weight and have been maintaining on keto and the various adaptations of it while lifting.
Any of you fat fucks considering keto?

>Inb4 meme diet

Why are certain things like coke, milkshakes, frappucino etc not allowed though?

i mean they dont have that many calories, 100-400 isnt that much yet everyone says to avoid them.

They spike your blood sugar, make you a lot hungrier, and just take a chunk out of your caloric intake for the day making it hard to stay satisfied

>Why are certain things like coke, milkshakes, frappucino etc not allowed though?

If you're a fat sack of shit, you won't stop at just one. Don't delude yourself.

You need to replace these things.

>milkshake -> protein shake
>coke -> coke zero (or zero cal green tea)
>frappucino -> black coffee + zero cal creamer

Adding a 400 gr pack of frozen berries to a protein shake makes a nice replacement for both milkshake and frappes. Add espresso to the last one for coffee taste. 100 calories extra but loads of fibre, healthy and low GMI.

That is around 190-200lb imo, still a little fat but not dangerous fat like 266, if you want it go for it imo, it is a good goal.

>make you a lot hungrier
Ah good to know, that does make sense, i sometimes ate more later the day because of a morning frappucino in the past.

Nah much rather not drink anything but water, if i am going to drink something it ll be something tasty and worthwhile, i ll just have to have the meal planned so it ll fit in it

>just back from 2 hour walk with my dog

best exercise there is and i will fight you on it
playing tug of war with a really strong dog can also be pretty tiring

I'm so excited, it took forever but I got down to my goal weight of 250 (5'9"), finally I can start bulking, starting with pic related.

What's the best workout I can do so I can make mad gains?

looks great dude

who here can't stop eating pasties?

i love them and they are great for bulking

pic related its me eating pasties

5'9 250lbs, im pretty sure you should cut for another 100lbs kek

can you guys keep these threads going for the next year or so

gonna need em

250 at 5'9 is not bulking time

>Yfw he means 250kg

>goal weight of 250 (5'9")

ARISE MEGAMANLET

5'11" 246 lbs (down 62)
Any suggestions for fun cardio? Currently I just alternate between cycling and running.

Swimming is my favorite cardio.
At that weight I'd suggest avoid running too often and do more cycling for better joint health.

>better joint health.
Is cross-country skiing okay on the joints?

hey guys

im the guy with the exercise bike and used to drink jugs of tea

im down 20 pounds!

Congrats man!

:^)

It's definitely better than running. The main issue with running is your knees aren't made to absorb hundreds of hard impacts at a time. Good form reduces the stress on the joint but at heavier weights even with good form running isn't recommended. Controlled motions and full ROM are key to good joint health eg. Cycling, swimming, rowing.

>tfw lost 41 lbs since New Years

Holy shit, I think I'm going to make it this time.

Yes.

If you think a milkshake is only 400 calories, there's something wrong with your reading comprehension. Look, the extra pure fucking sugar will send you into an insulin spike and fuck up your hunger signals. Not worth it.

Hiking. Get the hell into nature.

300g of average milkshake is around 400

It depends on quantity and where you get it from, for example mcdonalds one medium is 800

google

I am 10 kg overweight and I kinda just want to hit "pause" on most of my lifts so I don't feel pressured to push those numbers up by eating more. I'd keep lifting but I wouldn't really try to push myself to keep setting PRs, and then I'd try to diet like an anorexic Stacey. What do you think?

Bearbro, are you natty?

>reforming fatty
6 foot almost 300 at worst now 190.. Final push to 160ish.

>4 weeks in tomorrow

can't wait to take my first progress pic
still many months to go, but i cannot fail
i'm seriously like a kid on xmas eve

also gonna have my first cheat day (eating at maintenance calories, not pigging out)

we cannot fail lads

And how old were you when you started?

Chicken wing in the oven with some salt on top, how many calories per wing? Google gives me 80 which seems small

Shameless ad: lel

But seriously, I (started 180kg, now 143 and going) used 5kg dumbbells in the beginning, because I was too heavy/weak for body weight, but completely switched over.

It's so satisfying for me push myself around and I feel awesome when I do the mobility/yoga stuff.

Changed my diet to almost Paleo so I still eat til I'm full (though "full" NOW is way less than "full" 5 months ago) and I eat some chocolate or piece of cake or similar every other week in order to not go insane :P

Don't get too comfy.

fatty on the verge of becoming normal agrees

though I think it's still good if you want some reinforcement from time to time ... because being bullied doesn't work 100% of the time kek

I know. I'm still keeping my eating under watch and plan on exercising all week again.

Just hit 300 pound squat today. Nearly had 3 plates but lost it 3/4 of the way back up.

Up 100 pounds since I started 6 weeks ago. Feeling pretty good about it.

just think it is 120 calories per wing with skin and you should be fine

why not weigh it

There are other criteria besides effectiveness. Bodyweight works if done right, but it's difficult to do it right. Even serious lifters still do pullups and dips, although with added weight after they're past beginner level.

Free weights are superior to machines for general lifting, btw. If you do decide to go for the home gym, don't get a machine, get a bench, a rack and some weights.

Milkshakes can have a lot more than 400 kcal mate.

Yes.

5'11"
235lbs on the left at the end of September
195lbs on the right today
Anybody want to estimate bf% of both for me? I was originally aiming for 175lbs, but now I'm thinking I'll need to get to 150lbs to get under 15%. Does that seem correct?

Yeah I'm natty.

Age?

I was 26 when I really started lifting weights. I took a three year hiatus from fitness out of the military.
I'm 29.5 now

But you were kind of jacked in the military, right? I'm 32 and have never really been fit. I don't need do get as big as you, but I'm worried I waited too long to make any significant progress as far as building muscle.

lifts?

Answered below. I'm 29 now, I really started giving it my all when I was 26.

Yeah, I was pretty much just really cut with a bit of muscle. I we have to stay light in the military so we can be carried.
Nah you didn't wait too long. One of the guys I lift with, Chuck, he's almost 50 and he still makes gains. He's aight.

Also when I picked up fitness again, I cross trained with MMA. You may want to look into that.

I actually lifted for the first time in my life on Thursday. I'm starting Allpro's beginner routine on Monday. I did some very humbling lifting in Thursday to find my 10rep maxes. The calculator gave me some very embarrassing 1RMs as well. Pls no bully.
Squat - 130lbs
Bench - 117lbs
OHP - 81lbs
SLDL - 196lbs
Rows - 106lbs
Barbell Curls - 78lbs
Calf Raise - 130lbs

Seems very disproportionate to me.

k just wondering because it looked like you have no strength foundation, just confirming

Correct. None at all.

if nothing else you made me feel better

400 calories is 1/3 of my daily calorie allowance. If I had a frapp every day, I wouldn't have enough calories left to get the protein and nutrients I need for the day not to mention it's very high in carbohydrate.
These kinds of things like junk food and sweets are only a sometimes treat I indulge in, not a staple of my healthy diet. They don't have nutrition.

/coffee/ here

Will drinking it hinder my weight loss?

We've all got to start somewhere.

Nah, caffine is a decent stimulant.
Drink it black tho.

Not if you don't put like massive amounts of sugar or cream into it

I wouldn't be bigger but I struggle with quitting smoking. :/

I would be bigger but I struggle with quitting smoking. :/

Are skinnyfats welcome here?

Ya bro

thanks guys

Yes just identify so people don't give you advice for a deathfat. Skinnyfats can do more starting out. Everyone here has been afraid to advise anyone else to do a fast, hard cut or advise weight-bearing cardio because they don't want the deathfats leaping off the couch into a run and blowing their knees out.

6'3" 171 - now exactly in the middle of healthy range BMI (21.5), almost there! Just a tiny bit more to go (plan is to go to 165 and from there slowly add back some lean mass)
Shitty child-bearing hips though, no way to get rid of these unfortunately ;_;

Bearbro here.
I lift chest every Saturday while fasted. Then I finally eat afterward. Just had a protein shake and a big ass piece of grilled chicken. Fukin get a outdoor propane grill for those quit grill gains lol gunna eat a nice salad in about two hours lol

No good/full before pic (desaturated because colours were messed up), but this should've been my heaviest at 220

Please be mean to me I'm fat and I'm lazy

How did you spend your saturday, fatanon.

It's all good, everyone at all levels in here and not much whining or fatlogic so let's hope the threads continue to be good. I agree about the grill too, holy hell grilled chicken is so good!

I think it would be good to post a 'best babby beginner advice for deathfats (morbidly obese) who eat like shit and have never exercised' because they can't do the advice in the sticky very well, I'm guessing. I know some are reading here.

Go post an entitled sob story in fat hate thread, I'm sure you'll get some abuse. That's not what this thread is for, sorry.

Worked 5-1:30.
Came home, at two hard boiled eggs and a tuna pouch.
Watched a bit of television.
Just finished cooking my ground turkey for dinner.

jesus FUCK the wait to have a good body is just sooo damn long. I know I know, better to start and eventually get there, time will pass anyway, etc etc but goddamn every single say every single meal is a fucking challenge

God I wanna my abs so bad

JUst wait until you enjoy the journey. It will come.

I have considered that, but only really three years of my 29 years I've been alive was I really sedentary and fat. I wouldn't be a good guide lol

You dont really have child bearing hips your shoulders are just narrow.

>Tfw Broad shoulder barrel chest masterrace

Eat one big 1500 calorie meal once a day, helps to keep you satisfied, then just vegetables

Whey shakes really help me feel sated for quite a while.

You didn't get fat overnight so you won't get fit that way either. Stay on the ball, and every good meal brings you 1 step closer. Are you cutting hard enough to lose 2 pounds a week and exercising? If so, seeing a difference should come pretty quickly. If not, why not?

Me either, I've never been obese. But telling super-fats to eat TDEE-500 and start off doing weight bearing exercise or impact cardio isn't really practical. They can eat stricter than that but need body-weight exercises and no-impact cardio at first. Not covered in the sticky.

Baby steps.

If you want solid progress record your achievements of how much you can run/squat

Anyone else miss mayonnaise as much as I do?

>ate 1000 cals most of yesterday
>late last night pigged out
>probably 3 to 4 thousand calories yesterday total
>woke up today
>had a donut and Ice cream
>decided to turn the day aroudn quickly though
>just had my second meal, eggs and veggies
>about 1500 cals for today so far

Feel bad that I fucked up but glad that this is the first time I rebounded quickly and didn't fall into a spiral of "this weekend is screwed, just keep eating shit". Not going to make that mistake again of pigging out so hard.

You really have no excuse if you can prepare your meals, you can feel satisfied if you cook something good and tasty and eat that one big meal once a day

I know man, when i had those cravings last night I should've just had a shit ton of vegetables and water and went to sleep. Will do so next time.

Nope, low carb ftw. I limit it though, and find that less tastes just as good as twice as much used to.

I used to really enjoy Tuna and Turkey Sandiches with good amounts of mayo. You can still have the same thing pretty much, just use a Wrap, a dash of Light Mayo, and plenty of lettuce/cucumber/tomato in your food