What's the consensus on Stronglifts 5x5?

what's the consensus on Stronglifts 5x5?
is SS simply better? does it matter for a total beginner in the first few weeks? I just need to know if I'm wasting my time on memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nA9nEWAHo5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SS is progression is faster so its better.
On Stronglifts you are supposed to start with the bar topkek
You literally waste 2 months before you lift heavy...

Do SS with additionally 2-3 sets of arm isolation per workout and you have the redpill of beginner programs.

stronglift is more of a bodybuilding program and if u were leaning more to bodybuilding jason blahas 5x5 is way better, its basically stronglift with accessories.

if u want general strength go for alphadestinys novice program, some exercises are unconventional but they all overlap and increase your squat bench and deadlift and it makes u have no lagging muscles.

for just powerlifting go with starting strength or greyskull LP until u tap out ur linear gains then move into madcows 5x5 or texas method both are really good.

bullshit
Stronglifts is a strength program and Blaha is the biggest fraud in the fitness industry. Never do any programs of this big fat lying asshole

The hood thing about SL is that it included bb row. You need to balance the front and the back and just doing pullups is not gonna make it especially if youre a fatty

I started off with Stronglifts but I wish I just did SS instead. I changed to something similair to SS after a few months but didn't do power cleans because no room to do them.
I think stronglifts has better exercises but SS has better sets.
basically:
A
5x3 Bench
5x3 Pendlay Row
B
5x3 OHP
5x1 Deadlift
I do accessories on both days and squats 3 times a week on my off days because I run on those days.
Mehdi is a meme who struggles with 242lbs for 1 rep and shouldn't be trusted.
youtube.com/watch?v=nA9nEWAHo5A

SL5x5 has a slick app and is a great program to start with. Keeps you disciplined and you make great progress which can be motivating.

I highly recommend it if you're a first timer and aren't sure where to start or if you'll sick with it

It literally doesn't matter. Both are meme exercises for beginners. BEGINNER PROGRAM. BEGINNER. Beginner just means someone who will quit after they do not get their six pack in three weeks. Focus on advanced, not on stupid shit like How To Get New People Into Gym.

You're literally retarded

I started doing Stronglifts about three weeks ago when I finally decided to get a gym membership.

I realize now that the best thing about this program, for me at least, is the app itself and the linear progression of it all. It's really helped keep me motivated to look at where I began and realize that not a lot of people would even be willing to go back to the gym on their second week.

Just yesterday my friend decided to tag along with me to go to the gym. He's a really scrawny guy and doesn't have any experience but he really wanted to just see what I did and follow along. I told him all about how I just started with the bar and the app so he tried it.

Suffice to say he had a really hard time and wouldn't stop telling me how it was "the worst thing he ever experienced" and how he would probably never go back there.

All in all, the program has really helped me not only get into gym but also learn how to dedicate myself to something for more than a few days.

i feel this
it honestly doesn't even feel like something im trying to get super fast results out of
i just think of it as something i'm going to do 3x a week, and that's it

That's because you have the right mentality for it.

I started with stronglifts but changed to 3x7 instead of 5x5 and added workouts like chinups, facepulls and flies

y-you too

doing floor press at the gym seems kinda weird

you don't have to literally start with the bar. I started with higher weight.

>On Stronglifts you are supposed to start with the bar topkek
wut is the police gonna come and rape your booty if you don't? nobody says you have to start there

it seems kinda odd that in 6 months i can go from lifting the bar to squatting 2pl8 on SL

You'll get strong but still look like shit after 7 months

isn't it better to build a strong foundation before moving to hypertrophy tho?

no reason to, really. but building good form is important.

SS requires you buy a book.
Stronglifts has an extremely comprehensive write up on stronglifts.com
If you're not going to buy the SS book then do stronglifts