/cardio/ general

It's a shame that this board is solely dedicated to internet gym culture and ignores all forms of endurance training.

/cardio/ general, post PRs, goals, tips, and physiques. I want to see some nice physiques up in here.

Pic related. Not my best but I'm the only one I had on my phone

I'm trying to do a variety of cardio while also lifting a lot. its going slow, but improvements are being made.

Did my 6 mile test run today, faster than the previous 2 times, and at a lower heart rate. Plus it didn't wipe me out for the rest of the day. so good all around.

Eyeing a flat 12-13 mile run along the beach up next.

not bad desu

Cardio question -
should my hear rate be over 145 for the whole fucking run? (max is ~175) Seems like it shouldn't. What is reasonable for an hour to 2 hour run?

ran for 30 mins earlier. Can I expect to become more narrow if I keep running like this?

dont run for 2 hours retard

run for 40 minutes at MOST at threshold of 160-190bpm

good job OP

this pic is from when I was 16, 18 now.

I want to do muay thai for cardio because I hate running. Does that kind of high intensity/ short duration conditioning carry over to long hikes and bike rides?

I used to be able to do 10 km runs everyday averaging 12 kph ... went on a hiatus for two months and now I can barely do 5 km, 11kph on a fucking treadmill (been running after the hiatus for about 2 months).

Would 7-10 kg of extra weight (mostly muscle) mean that much of a difference?!?

Yeah man just a extra few pounds will weigh you down especially on longer runs. Just keep running though and you'll be back to where you were in no time.

Not bad my dude. Pretty similar to what I was pulling when I was 16. I don't compete any more, I just row because it's the GOATest cardio workout

Probably not gonna carry over that much dude. I mean it helps of course but if you're looking to optimize your training you should be doing low impact steady state cardio workouts, with some HIIT worked in every once in a while. Especially with the vastly different muscle groups involved in the two activities you're better off just running or doing some other kind of cardio as your main workout.

Why are you training for biking and hiking anyway?

>Why are you training for biking and hiking anyway?

Those are mostly the things I do that require cardiovascular fitness from me. I'm keeping up with my lifting, but I find I've been neglecting cardio recently, mostly because my new job is walking distance so I don't bike commute anymore. But I'd like to be able to hold my own when friends invite me to a hike or century ride.

I guess for someone who isn't competitive/professional, any little bit helps, eh?

Why? I run for an hour+ if I feel like it.

Elbefitness ?

I wanna run my first half marathon in summer, I had never used to run before and did a 10k last year. My longest run so far was 15k, I wanted to run more yesterday but I gave up after 12k. I haven't ran a lot during the winter so I guess I need to work into it more.

I run around twice a week, I'm not hardcore into it but getting tired of having to carry my phone. Should I buy a Garmin watch and if so which one?

I HATE the "cardio kills gains" fucking meme that Veeky Forums perpetuates forever

no it fucking doesnt, eat properly and cardio will keep you healthy as fuck, makes you feel great.

pic related all do cardio very regularly, and they are bigger than 99% of Veeky Forums

no that's autistic.

get a fitbit or something. fitbit is apple, garmin is android.

>fitbit is apple

so fitbit is shit for retarded sheep then ?

>tfw thinking about it this is actually true because all the fat cunts at my old work had fitbits

doesn't matter if it's for sheep or not. don't be autistic mate. you want to make it don't you?

i already have, i'm not that user, just chipping in on your retarded advice dickhead

It can impact your recovery though

I don't know about high end Fitbits but the one I have sucks, I forgot which one, some midrange, but the GPS is too bad so it's not really usable

Got a 10 mile run lined up in a few hours, running 25 miles a week at the moment.

How the hell do you get that fast a pace on an erg? I started rowing 2 weeks ago (I'm in good shape but have never rowed before), and I can keep a 2:10ish/500m pace for 10 minutes.

I use the level 6 resistance and keep a stroke around 31-32; if I go any faster it feels a bit wild, like I'm going to rock apart the machine. Is it a matter of working my way up to a higher resistance level and keeping the same stroke rate?