en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Muteferrika#Printing_Press
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>a beard
>a ribbon
>small penis and balls
>a stick

What did they mean by this?

It's just signifying the elements of writing
1 is the alif (signifying the "a" sound), 2 is the waslah (only really found in the Quran, signifies that the sound is linked to the previous word), 3 and 4 are laams (signifying the "l" sound), 5 is the shadda (signifying that the 2nd laam is a double consonant), 6 is the dagger alif (just another way of writing the alif, but rarely used outside the Quran) and 7 is the haa signifying the "h" sound

Why is green the color of Islam?

color of heaven

Where are you getting that idea?

google you dumb frogposter

why in five fucks would anyone develop something like that its like training your mind to follow a swirling train track

>amerimutts being retarded yet again
Bet you think east asian languages are convoluted

It allows for some pretty creative and beautiful calligraphy, so I'm not complaining.

Learning to write Arabic/read the letters isn't really that difficult

So the stroke order is like Japanese but backwards?

pic related

archive.org/details/02ArabicAnEssentialGrammar

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)

Comparing Quranic Arabic to modern Arabic is like comparing Kanji to Katakana/Hiragana

>these letters from this other language look different than what I'm used to
>literally wut?

>he said using letters like "s" and "y"

Is Arabic inseparable from Islam? Could there be "secular" Arabic?

Are you even allowed to call the god of the Muslims by your own language, rather than "Allah"? The Japanese call the Christian God "kami-sama", and no one tells them to call Him "God'.

They're inseparable. I once tried to write "Fuck Mohammed, peace be upon him" in Arabic and the pen wouldn't form the letters. Instead I got "God is great"

Shouldn't you be blowing up some Jewish kindergartners somewhere?

I wonder how much dumb writing systems like this held back countries that wouldn't adopt keyboards and related technologies as easily.

Arabic is easy to write with a keyboard as it's an alphabetic language

> wh*Tey has trouble reading a civilized language

>Cursive is easy on a keyboard.

Arabic isn't difficult to write on a keyboard though

kekked m8

Arabic, and this isn't even something debatable, is an autisticly complex language, they didn't have dots at first, they adopted that from the Persians, and the weird strokes on top of letters were adopted by the greeks.
But the language itself is too autistic, it had more than 100 words for lion alone, it has more vocabulary than any other language, and the words are weighted, meaning all verbs have a certain template they follow, it is beyond autistic, the whole reason for this was poetry was Arabs only form of intellectual recreation, the poetry too was hyper autistic, but as muslims got dumber, so did the language, and now no country speak arabic, just retarded dialects.

just like how latin devolved into retard-tier languages like romanian, italian, spanish, and portuguese
Only French remains beautiful and elegant

Those verb forms aren't autistic though, they make it easier to learn the language. If you know the verb or even the root letters then you'll know another 10 words related to that root straight off the bat because you just apply the verb to the form.

>it has more vocabulary than any other language
I'm going to have to call pic related on that one, I was always told it was today's English that had the largest vocabulary

it gets easy after a few weeks of learning it. What isn't easy is all the menial rules you have to follow when making something object of preposition/plural/present. The writing/pronounciation is by far the easiest part.

t. classical arabic student

>wouldn't adopt keyboards
>یمپلیینگ

It's pretty autistic but it only seems that way because our brains are used to indo-european grammar. it's just as easy for a native speaker to speak arabic as it is for us to speak english.

>implying cursive isn't e𝓪sy on 𝓪 keybo𝓪rd

fun fact, some ottoman guy actually made custom arabic font for the printing press back in the 17th century, but his printing press got shut down by the ottoman government, so it wasnt really the language was hard to adapt with technology but the government was

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Muteferrika#Printing_Press

Are those persian letters? How do you pronounce that Kaf with a line on the top and triple dot letter?

Ga

>(F)ersian script
Fuck off

فك يو
Can someone translate this?

Very funny كافر

Here's how you should think of it, old Arabic was a tribal language, it was developed using poetry, now every tribe had it's own version, which was somewhat identical to the standard one but a bit different (vocabulary wise), whenever a piece of poetry got to become famous; the vocabulary in that poem also got to become standardised, the thing is, we barely know like 15% of the language today, everything was lost with time, ask some Syrian Arabic scholar who knows his shit, ask him wether he has become an expert on the language, he'll easily pull a constanza on you.
They had 300 fucking words for sword, if this isn't linguistic austism, I don't know what is.
Pre-Islamic Arabic poetry is pretty chill, reminds me of the french's work.

Maybe because english isn't a holy language?

Damn squiggly sand languages

why are ar*bs so autistic bros?

Arabic Christians call god Allah you stupid fuck, it's a word that got out of refernce, it used to mean the god (it was an emphasis on monotheism 'cause the middle east was polytheist, but then later it simply became the word for god.
In contrast, gods in Arabic is Alliha, stop trying to create this us and them situation, the Japanese are just as alien to Europeans as say, Syrians.