QTDDTOT

Bonjour Veeky Forums. Just how much variety of vegetables do you need to eat? Can I get by just eating broccoli or spinach? In terms of health

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1oWcpweTuXs
m.jdsports.co.uk/men/brand/new-balance/
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2626/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2461/2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much weight is meant by "pl8" in 1234pl8 ? What kind of fucking plates do u mean? My country uses kilos

1pl8 is 60kg including the 20kg Olympic barbell bar.

Does that help?

Hey Veeky Forums, did I gain like 30lbs of LBM in 3.5 years? Is my logic flawed?

Went from 160lbs weak sack of shit to 182lbs of mediocrity, my calculations:
160lbs @ 20% = 128lbs
lifting consistently 3.5 Years
182lbs @ 11% = 162lbs

162lbs - 128lbs = 34lbs, this is my gains right?

yeah thanks bro

My word... Who is this sack sweller?

sauce on the bae?

if you measured your bf% by looking in a mirror or by using a skinfold calipper or some shit, don't use it for calculations, just to describe your physique
your actual bf% may be completely different. sauce
youtube.com/watch?v=1oWcpweTuXs

When eating canned foods, should I drain the water out or is it safe to consume it?

Can cardio alone get me into ottermode? Would it depend on the type of cardio?

Can i get a rating and bf% estimate

183cm
86kg
Lifts
Bench 110kg
Dead 180kg
Squat 100kg

I wish I knew

Thanks mate, that was informative.

to the water in canned food is sugar added wich is obviously not so great
if you're counting calories: find out if the calorie number on the can is for including the water or not

it's called ottermode bc this is what swimmers look like

15%. don't use it for calculations

If I'm 6'6", how long will it take for me to become aesthetic? Like 2 years?

yes, this plus whole carbs, animal protein and healthy fats like olive oil and you won't have issues. you're not a machine though

So you still have to lift to get to ottermode?

otters don't lift, they swim

Which cardio is better:
HIIT 2-3 times a week or cardio steady state for 30mins 5x a week? For heart health

Bump

how many carrots do you have to eat daily to get and maintain a healthy "glow"? can you "load" the beta carotene? like eat a lot of carrots first couple of days to get the glow quick and than maintain with eating a certain amount of carrots a day?

it would achieve it quicker

5x5 vs 3x5? Or just run StrongLifts until I fail and then drop to 3x5?

Can I squat in New Balance trainers? Link related m.jdsports.co.uk/men/brand/new-balance/

I'm 80kg, and can add 21kg to my belt for 5RM weighted pullups.

How much should I add to my belt for a 3x5?

Shit, Chin ups not pull ups

a plate is a 20kg disc. 1pl8 = 1 plate on both sides + the bar. 2pl8 = 100kg ect

Soles look slightly too cushioned. It's probably not a BIG deal if you aren't squatting heavy. Better to have some chuck taylors or something though. You want a hard sole.

What kind of stretches should I be doing for SS? I don't stretch before my workouts and I know it'll catch up to me eventually.

How do we actually physically lose weight?

Is the weight we consume by exercising/existing basically turned into CO2 in breath and that's it?

Body consumes your body fat and muscle in order to maintain itself

Yes, most of the actual weight you lose is in the form of CO2.

How much will taking 25mg/day of MK-677 raise my BMR?

Just stretch how you were taught in PE, bog standard ones. Should be fine

My chest is gaining some good size, but it looks like the lower part of my pecs isnt developing as much as the upper. Should I do decline bench or is it a meme and I should just keep on doing bench?

I usually do normal bench and incline bench, and am usually able to increase the weight on bench every workout

How many pl8s do I need to lift to carry all my feels?

Should I do sqauts if I have a history of bad knees in the family?

According to nutritiondata, spinach and kale are two of some of the most vitamin rich vegetables out there and also have a decent amount of minerals
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2626/2
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2461/2
So I'd say they're pretty sufficient on their own.

~36

Do I have to eat both together on their own or can I pick one and that will also be enuff?

bench with correct form

yes, try lowbar if you can but highbar with proper depth is fine aswell

Am I fucking up how i weight out my chicken?

I cook up 7 or so pounds of chicken in a slow cooker. shred it, and then drain it in a collander. Then I just measure it out by ounce when I portion it out.

Every site I see says "weigh meat before cooking" well chicken breast is pumped full of water and brine and shit, am I fucking up by weighing it after cooking?

>weighs after cooking
I bet you dont activate your almods either

just find out the nutrition values from cooked chicken like nigga wtf hahahahaha

Best way to use the rowing machine like this one?
Right now I'm just rowing for 25-30 minutes straight (300-350 repeats, slowly adding more) three times a week.

t. couch potato

you talking about almonds
how the fuck do i do that man?

Alright thanks man

wtf? are you legit retarded? ever heard of google? type it in and youll find a link just how i got mine 2 seconds ago.

literally wtf

motherfucker.

fuck you for not thinking

Is there a good program for aesthetics that anyone can recommend?

Quitting the back squat thanks to insane struggles and pain. I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do them without a bunch of gimmicks and professional coaching applied.

So whats are some good alternatives that may work for compound movement/athleticism?

I already include extensions, leg press, db lunges, rdl, leg curl, and barbell glute bridges. of course I do and love deadlifts on other days.

Short of only doing 1/4 rep squats I'm out of ideas. Bulgarian split squats possibly? or those too much like lunges?

you're a real sonofabitch

you are a real retard

What time should I take creatine

When you want to die

Did any of you cut down to low body fat before you started working on bulking gains? Does it help make sure you get more muscle over fat during bulking, or is it just pure aesthetics.

It really doesn't matter as long as you get your daily dose, though studies seem to agree that taking it post-workout might give slightly more gains.

Realistically how big can your legs get through leg press and lunges?

I've been doing SS since the summer (never lifted before), but I never switched to the second phase with the power cleans. Problem is I'm reaching this point where I can't go up anymore. The only lift where I think I can go up is my squat, everything else is stagnant (or worse, some days I can't even finish properly). Should I move into the second phase or try something different?
weight: between 190-200
height: 6'2
squat : 3 x5 (185)
dl: 1 x 5 (225)
OHP: 3 x 5 (95, sometimes I fail out)
bench: 3 x 5 (135)

Have you deloaded?

I've thought about deloading on the OHP press and my dl until I can perform them without issue. The only other thing I can think is that I should've switched to the second phase a long time ago and that's why I'm not building, but that wouldn't fix the OHP?

This a good program? Been stalling hard on bench recently.

Skinny fat here. Can rowing machine only and no lifting (perfect diet) get me into ottermode territory? As in slim, flat stomach, and you know, not skinny fat

Guys, I have a stupid tbqh question. I lift for like 2 months and I cant focus on anything else, it is like I go out I think about lifting in my rest days I get frustrated that I am not lifting. Is this happen to you when you started? I feel like a gym rat and I am a fat fuck. It is embarrassing, but I cant stop thinking about being in the gym.

do pushups too and probably

I'd imagine it's common enough. I started as a skinnyfat and chose to cut down to 10% first while lifting because I didn't want to deal with getting fat from bulking while at ~18% body fat. My lifts aren't great but I'm obviously planning to fix that when I switch to bulking.

>Does it help make sure you get more muscle over fat during bulking, or is it just pure aesthetics.

Obviously you want to do what you can to maximize muscle gain while on a bulk, but keeping track of your calories to avoid gratuitous fat gain is largely aesthetics. If you don't give a fuck about body fat, just eat eat EAT

between 17 and 20% bf

its normal. i had it too. it will fade, just do some bodyweight, abs or cardio on off days

This is an autistic question, but I don't really understand the towel thing at gyms

How big they should be? Where do you put them when you are lifting? Do you wipe the bar also? When you are going from one machine to another, do you keep it in hands or throw it over your shoulder?

I've been lifting for about a year and it still hasn't gone away. I just really like lifting.

Doing bodyweight stuff at home does help scratch the itch though so I second that.

I wanna go paleo for the health benefits, lets assume it works for this scenario. What if I still take some processed foods like whey protein, how will it affect the diet?

If you want to bring a towel, just find a shitty hand towel you like and bring it with you. Most people I've seen use it to "claim" equipment by placing it on a bench/bar/rack. Where you keep it on your person doesn't fucking matter but I personally put it on my shoulder

I wouldn't recommend wiping the equipment with your sweaty-ass towel. Use sanitation wipes for that if you want to wipe down after use.

yeah after longer it went away for me, it comes in waves

just dont bring one who cares. and wtf just hold it in your hands or shoulder how do you even think about this

16%
how the fuck do you squat less than you bench, especially with an ok deadlift?

Aren't the wipes good for a few wipes? Does that mean I have to bring a box with me and stuff the used wipes in my pants?

Most gyms provide wipes for you (I've yet to see one that doesn't at any rate). I personally wouldn't bother if your gym doesn't provide wipes, just make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after your session.

Oh, okay. Thanks

I'm sure this has been asked a billion times but I keep seeing so much contradicting info on this so I thought I would ask.

I am an intermediate lifter and overweight (6'2" 240lbs). I am doing a cut and I worked out that I should be taking 210g of protein daily. problem is that this usually means i need to eat 4-6 scoops of protein despite me eating fairly high protein meals.

The stick seems to be wrong about this, it suggests 1.5g per lbs of body mass (not lean) which would put me at 360g per day lol, and other people says its a jewish lie by the whey industry and I only need something like .4g per lb.

Can someone shed the light on this, I would like to cut my protein down a little as I am getting sick of shakes, however I am getting results so I will stick to it if it is right.

how do I improve my immune system

dont really clean your house, stop washing hands, eat food with hands

bonus: troughout the day after touching a lot of stuff outside with your hands put your fingers in your mouth. also eat your snot/boogers, no a joke, children build there immune system with that. google it

The truth is nobody really knows for sure. Most people seem to go with 1g per lb of body mass. 360g is insane, you don't need that.

There is no hard science on the matter. As long as you're getting about 1g per lb of total body weigh, you're probably fine.

It should also be noted that your nutrition is decent while doing this. Deficiencies in certain micros will fuck with your immune system.

megadose vitamin c

Obvious troll is obvious,its not that its bad but whenever I get ill i fight off the worst of it very quickly but Im always left with something after like a cough

do you mean lean body mass? because total body mass would put me on more protein

It's actually not a troll. Being obsessive with cleanliness actually does more harm than good with regards to your immune system.

he's right though

the best way to build immunity to disease is by exposure to it. innoculations are just small doses of the virus/bacteria

a troll? what are you talking about. never had biology? the more germs you get in your system the more your body makes antibodys against it. its not smart to do all the stuff i listed but its not a troll.

I actually meant to say either lean mass or total mass because it wouldn't be wrong to say it depends.

1g per lb of total mass works better for a generalized population of people where a large portion of which is likely untrained
1g per lb of lean mass works better for people like you who are big with a lot of muscle underneath because eating hundreds of grams of protein is insane.

program looks ok, although I would replace some deads with rows. or just add rows.

Yeah I know that but stuff like not washing your hands and shit does sound like a troll

all I did for legs was heavy ass squats and I guess deadlifts to some extent

how do I not grow them more? do I need to stop squatting or even diddlylifting? I love the benefits you get from them in terms of sports but my legs have a respectable size and I dont want them bigger, especially since I want to tailor some expensive pants and it'd be an waste if I had to be buying new pants every few months like i did before

I'm sure he doesn't mean don't wash your hand ever again, but if you genuinely have a weak immune system and regularly wash your hands it's probably related.

I don't think its weak and I dont do that its just that when I get ill I fight off the main illness quickly but Im always left with something after like a cough or a blocked nose

is this ppl look decent?

What exercises should I do on my off days? I usually do bodyweight and stretches to help me keep mobile and not too sore. Any suggestions? Been thinking about adding jump ropes and sprints.

sprints, stretches, swimming if available.

Bought rack and weights been doing ppl with dumbells with ok results. Should I stick with ppl when my rack comes or should I start ss and ditch my ppl? Any real difference both have squats dead and ohp

can too much caffeine cause diahrrea? ate a shit load of food yesterday and today I was bloated as fuck, I shit a bit and seemed fine.
some time later I had too much fucking caffeine, fwlt like I was on a bad weed trip. this past 6 hours i've been with some stomach ache, disgusting tasting burps and green explosive diahrrea

is it from the coffee? will I be fine tomorrow?