Hypoglycemia

Sup Veeky Forums?

Anyone else have Hypoglycemia? I'm trying to cut but my sugar keeps fucking dropping mid routine. Any tips? Pic Unrelated.

Get seen by a doctor, you have diabetes.

Unless you're not eating carbs for a couple of days and working out for more than a few hours, hypoglycemia is rare in non diabetics

that's not diabetes

diabetics get hyperglycemia not hypoglycemia when untreated

how do you know you're actually having hypoglycemia? medical student here

Drink something with sugar in it during your workout. Go see a doctor.

False, we get both. If you're a med student you need to keep studying.

Nah. If you take insulin or certain non-metformin oral medications then you can get hypoglycemic episodes.

If you're a type 1 or 2 diabetic not on therapy, you should never be getting spontaneous hypoglycemia. I mean theoretically if he was diabetic and had like an insulin-secreting tumor then sure he could get hypoglycemic, but otherwise no.

Thats retarded. Untreated diabetic doesnt get a fucking hypoglycemia.

T. Diabetic

False again. Both undiagnosed and pre-diabetics get hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia depending on what they're eating, or not eating, and physical activity, temperature, etc.

It's far more common for them to reach hyperglycemia and ketoacidosis because they're lacking insulin and thus obviously creating a high blood sugar state whenever they eat AND they're more likely to be hungry and lose weight as a result, but if they don't eat and they work out or walk or run or jump and play for too long then obviously they can get hypoglycemia. It happened to me a month before I was diagnosed and to say it can't or doesn't happen is simply nonsense.

t. type 1 diabetic

Completely right. Happened to me too while running or working out before I was diagnosed and started taking insulin. If OP is eating very few carbs because he's cutting, what's there would be burnt off during exercise and he'd go hypoglycemic. Definitely needs to go to a doctor.

uh what?
diabetics definitely get low blood sugar if they are not keeping track of their diet as well.

What does being hypoglycemic feel like? I'm pretty sure i am but I've never checked into it

Like standing up too fast.

Once it gets really low you get ravenously hungry and everything tastes 100 times better.

Once you get really, really low you can't think straight and your body starts slowly shutting down.

I remember one particularly bad hypo where I found myself crawling on my hands and knees and rolling on the ground trying to reach the window so I could jump out because I thought I was stuck in a time loop or a video game and the window was the way out to level 2.

Fortunately I never made it.

You also start shaking and get cold sweats

T1D here, you're a dumb cunt. Diabetics get both, and someone cutting might get it without insulin therapy.
pretty common actually, but nowhere near diabetic level hypoglycemia. It includes tremors, heat flushing and hallucinations.
hey betic bro

I tend to keep a bottle of Lucazade or some gummy bears in my bag.

If I start to feel tremors or sweats I just take a sip.

I have reactive hypoglycemia, it's only really a problem if I eat a lot of sweets.

wat

Eating sweets would send you high

Eat some carbs.

I personally have a cup of oats with yogurt before my workout.

Oats release their carbs more slowly than say, pasta or bread. Keeps my blood sugar stable longer and gives me the energy i need to get through a session.

This. Outside of a diseased state you shouldn't be suffering true hypoglycaemia. Are you testing yourself?

For a little while, then it crashes and I feel like shit and have to eat a little like every 2 hours the rest of the day

He's correct actually. Diabetics become hypoglycaemic because of difficulty managing their blood sugar levels with insulin or meds. Without exogenous insulin or hypoglycaemic agents, a diabetic wouldn't become hypoglycaemic. Diabetics always present in hyperglycaemic states when they are first diagnosed, always. It is only when they are started on insulin or hypoglycaemic agents that they are at risk of hypoglycaemia because of those meds, not the inherent nature of the disease.