My leg is shit

As I said, my leg is shit. Chronic pain behind my right knee, sometimes in my thigh. I've had it for the majority of my life, since I was about 7. I get leg locking, and, as you do, I went to a doctor about it. When I was a child, they just said "growing pains" and sent me off. That wasn't great. So then I went back about 2 years ago. They said "go to this physio". So I did. And they were useless, as they just said I had hypermobility and an abnormally weak right leg relative to the rest of me (bear in mind that I'm skinny-ish, but more in the slim and not particularly muscular way than the Auchwitz survivor way) but didn't bother to explain the locking. As it stands, I'm inclined to believe it's damage caused by pushing my leg out of a lock too quickly at some point.

So basically the stick doesn't apply to me whatsoever, as I didn't GET any advice.

I want to lose my limp and become generally fitter. Not buff, more slim but not skinny. And get better stamina. This would imply to my ignorant-to-exercise brain running. But running is something I can do if I'm about to die otherwise, but I walk like I just got out a train crash for the next week, minimum.
My top priority is to make my leg a bit less limpy and less likely to lock (and if I can't rid myself of the pain I can just numb it with tramadol or something) and make myself fit enough to exercise.

Any advice?

nice blog faggot i don't give a fuck

see a physiotherapist or fuck off

I did. They didn't help. That's why I'm asking the rectum of the internet. Obviously.

It's your lucky day. I know the answer... it's a dietary issue.

How?

SQUATS DEADLIFTS AND OATS EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU'RE T-REX MODE

Legs like a horse, torso like a starved kitten.
Fuck yeah.

Don't eat wheat(gluten) or dairy for a month. Try to eat reasonably healthy food - salads, chicken, vegetables, etc. If i'm right, your leg will heal itself, and you'll feel like you can fly.

Gonna give you something to try:

Go to your nearest Chinese supermarket, ask for beef tendon at the meat counter. Look up recipes for it then make it and consume a few times over the next week. It helped my grandpa with his arthritis before he passed.

Either go find a treadmill with an incline or a hill to climb and then walk up every day for the week you're eating the beef tendon stew, make sure you're sweating at the end of it. Does matter if it's winter or not.

As for the knee locking thing, that shit will probably last for the rest of your life with surgery, no joke. The one way I've found to unlock my knee with no pain is to lie down on my side with the locking leg on the ground and knee bent as far as it can comfortably go, then extend the bad leg slowly while pushing the foot of the bad leg into the ground. Basically scraping along the ground as you extend with a good amount of force.

Every knee is a little bit different and your joint articulation issues may mean that this specific technique won't work but I think there is some technique out there to free up your leg so you can fucking move again.

Good luck bro.

I'll try this and the "no gluten or dairy" thing, see if it helps. Thanks.

You do realize that squatting is not the only exercise you're going to be doing, right?

Yes. I'm not taking their advice, because either it's a joke, or they are an idiot. Since it's Veeky Forums, I'm assuming the former.

just workout your fucking legs, stretch them, and dont so dumb shit like squats.

There is nothing wrong with squatting and eating oats, just as long as it's not the only thing you're doing.

As a matter of fact, the squat is such an important exercise that it shouldn't be left out of any respectable workout program.

Are there any specific workouts that minimise pain? Because when I say chronic pain, I mean pain that makes me be on painkillers most of the time and sometimes can't walk at all.

Isn't oat a grain?

Yes, Oats are a type of grain, the type you eat is typically rolled into flakes.

Op was saying he was going to go no grain no dairy

Well, there goes a large portion of your daily nutrition out the window.

Best of luck to you.

Well, I'll try out both. See if either help. I'll try the beef tendon one first, since that seems much more likely to help.

Swimming or bike riding if your joints are too weak to handle running.

I'll try anything above "spiritual healing." Being in pain for most of your life isn't fun, so I'm sort of desperate.

I had a similar problem, but both knees. it was a gluten allergy. weird but no gluten and i'm fine

What does not eating grain and dairy have to do with that?

Sounds like you're cutting out things that are part of any normal clean diet, for what reason exactly?

No, I'm simply saying I'll take any advice thrown at me. And, as I said, I'm not going down that track unless I have no other options.

My advice is start eating a clean, balanced diet.

Where exactly do you plan on getting your carbs from?

>no rice
>no wheat
>no oat
>no rye
>no corn

So sugar and starch from potatoes alone?

Well, I AM part Irish, and full Celtic.
But I don't think even I'd last that, considering I eat bread most of the time. Wholemeal.
Well, hopefully the beef tendon one will work, anyway, so I won't have to consider that. It's stupid, but I'd do it as a last resort, anyway. If I only try it for a while as a last resort and I can manage it well, then woo hoo. But I doubt it'll help.

Considering that beef tendon guy's advice is actually relatable, I'm going with that.

Sure, that sounds like a good idea, i still don't fully understand what cutting out grain and dairy has to do with it.

You can eat beef tendon stew on top of a regular diet.

Dude pick up swimming and cycling right now (the one you ride)

Right knee fucked because of double joints, squats are out of question for me. With enough swimming and cycling i've gained enough muscle so the knees don't get fucked as easily.

More muscle means more support for the joints.