QTDDTOT

The old one hit three hundred

Are those decent shoes for lifting?

No, those are awful shoes. Here are my shoes for liftain.

I slipped on some ice and fell on the 17th and my knee hurts a little and its uncomfortable for me to walk up stairs, do diddys and squats now, What the fuck? it was just a slip and fall, im 19yrs old not a senior. I missed the squats session on monday and thursday, what should i do now? just wait til it feels fine and go back to my current working weight or deload? im not sure how much more rest i will need.

These would go great with my fedora, anime graphic tee, and ill fitted cargo shorts!

Should I buy bumper plates or steel plates? What's the difference, noobie here.

Hey Veeky Forums, I need some help. I don't have access to a gym at the moment and all I have at home are 2 dumbbells.

Could I get a suggestions for a routine I could do to work on hypertrophy, and not necessarily strength?

How long does it take to burn about 7 lb of fat if I want to milk some of my last no ob gains at the same time?

Took me a week to lose 5 pounds. 2000 calories a day with lots of lifting and cardio.

Ya but I'm not very fat, I'm maybe 15%bf at the most. I don't want to lose the little muscle I have.

The most retarded question, but please respond.
When I increase weight per exercise does it mean that one day I start doing sets of 45 then 50 then 55 or one day I do sets of 45 and the next day sets of 50?
pls respond

Lets say you do 45lb 3x5 on monday and you get all reps in, On Wednesday you do 50 3x5 and dont change the weight that day.

You may have better luck in the routine general

bumper plates are more expensive, get regular steel ones unless you plan to only do oly lifting but if you dont even know the diffirence im assuming you are a beginner who knows jack shit. get 2 45lb bumpers and use those when diddying and put regular pl8s beside it.

Unless you want to do oly lifts, get iron plates. Bumper plates are there to cushion the fall and protect the barbell when you drop it from very high up, like a clean and jerk, since you can't lower it down slowly. Or just go with the less expensive option, which should be iron plates.

This all depends on your program, so what program are you on?

What I do mostly is within a single workout I will vary the weight a little bit and at the same time I try to push myself for (some) PRs.
You may have your first 2 sets as warm ups with very light weight.
Then go for the previous workouts max weight for a set - 45.
Then go for a little PR - let's say that was 50.

Next workout try 50 for your first set and go for 55 for your max weight.
This will only work if you're relatively new though, so keep that in mind. You will not progress in a linear way forever.
A better way of progressing IMO is training with sub-maximal weights, a lot of volume and only peeking every few months.

Skinnyfat here.

Thought I should lose weight with cardio first before packing muscle however I'm bordering chemo patient right now, not sure how to proceed.

Thanks a lot for answers, guys!

Example
Monday you're doing 60lbs ohp and you get 5 reps on all your 3 sets. Progress on your next workout.

Wednesday you then increase the weight to 65lbs and manage to only do 4 reps on all your 3 sets. You stalled, do not progress on your next workout.

Friday you attempt the same weight as Wednesday and you get 65lbs for 5 reps for 3 sets. Progress on your next workout.

If you stall 3 times in a row, deload (decrease) the weight on only that lift by 10%. So you take the weight and multiply it by 0.9 and round it to the closest weight possible to load on a bar.

Example: 135lbs*0.9=121.5 -> 120lbs

But if your building a home gym get bumper. Yea it's more but at that point what's 200 more bucks. Then you have no limits you can deadlift and drop it and do oly and everything it is literally a hundred dollars difference unless your looking at competition bumpers then they are like 200 a plate.

Should I still squat if I have a history of bad knees in my family?

You should have started with lifting first while running recomp for awhile, then decide to cut or bulk.

Can I do OHP and BP on the same day?

Sure people do it all the time with PPLs, you may not be super proficient though since your triceps will be pretty beat up.

Would a small cut ruin my lean bulk? I want to get really lean now for summer.

Oh,thanks for explaining. Now I get it.

How much you atrophy during a cut depends on your caloric intake, your macros, and how much you lift during the cut.

The best way to minimize losses during a cut is to eat around maintenance with lots of protein, and use the calories burned from lifting heavy + cardio to create your deficit, maybe even higher than maintenance depending how much you hit the gym. It'll take some trial and error to find a sweet spot that works for you.