Low bar vs high bar

so whats better? low bar or high bar? i read somewhere that low bar is very similar to deadlifts, and therefore one should performing high bar...

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.ca/2017/02/barbell-squats-research-update-bar.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

front squats

I do something in between low-bar and high-bar, how fucked am I?

if it's not on your traps or delts, how the fuck do you support the bar then?

It goes on the extension of my shoulder, fag.

Better for what?

High bar is a little more difficult to balance, so u can lift more with low bar

Why should u only pick one, just do both

Low bar is better for your knees with proper form and also engages your hamstrings and glutes more than high bar. If you want to work quads more do highbar but i would recommend low bar.

That would be your delt you fucking idiot.

No it wouldn't you retarded faggot. It's on my traps and rear delt.

high-bar is best if you have the physical attributes in order to do it

tfw lowbar destroys my elbows

>lowbar aka good mornings

highbar masterrace

Bait.

If you had read SS, you'd know by now.

fpbp

Low bar if you wanna get a nice and tight ass, desu. But why would you limit yourself to 1 way of squatting. Just do them all dude. Don't be a pussy.
That's my life's motto: don't be a pussy. Feeling down and don't feel like going to the gym? Don't be a pussy. Feel like sucking a dick, but you're 'not gay'? Don't be a fkn pussy

which one will give me a fat ass

nevermind, saw this. what are front squats benefits?

You'll get massive quads and look like a T-rex

i see. so basically, low bar for ass, front for quads, and highbar for a mix?

lol that's not why you can do more with lowbar.

Low bar builds mad quads too.

I prefer high bar squats but I don't actually have the shoulder mobility to comfortably perform low bar.
>if anyone has resolved this or has tips, let me know pls

It's less important that you pick one over the other, just pick one and get better at it. High bar may need extra posterior chain work through RDLs or similar. Low bar may need additional quad work through front squats or the like. You won't need that until you're at a decent weight.

but which builds the biggest ass, lowbar? what with the greater use of hip drive as you ascend i have to imagine it would be

Yeah, low bar should load your ass more.

But it's not as simple as >this does this and >this does that.

right, of course it isnt as simple as im painting it, nature would never treat us so kindly, but im basically just trying to get myself proportional, my freshman year of college i fell for the SS meme but somehow only in the quads not the ass so im trying to even everything out now and GET MASSIVE

Me too, famalam.

Low bar as long as you do mobility work

just do them all

low bar is more mechanically advantageous to the human body however it has less carryover to most sports

very simple. If you want to compete in powerlifting then lowbar. If you are training for general strength and want explosive carryover to other sports such as weightlifting or football, then high bar.

They're a lot harder on your upper back
which is good because having a strong upper back is really useful for most athletic activities/strength sports

I don't really get the high bar vs low bar debate I can squat high bar more hip dominant and low bar quad dominant if I want to, it all depends on stance width and knee travel

What mobility work should I do for squats? I have trouble going AtG and doing front squats in particular.

dyels need to feel elitist about something since they can't feel good about the actual weight they lift.

Low bar relies more on the posterior chain, giving it more carryover to deadlifts.

High bar is more quad dominant.

Low bar has a shorter lever arm to your hips so from a mechanical standpoint you should be able to lift slightly more low bar than high bar.

High bar requires better flexibility in the hips and ankles to perform correctly. People without the necessary mobility are better off doing low bar.

Never be the guy squatting with a high bar position and a low bar torso angle.

Look up mobilityWOD videos for ankle and hip mobility

it cant be on both you fuck face

>Never be the guy squatting with a high bar position and a low bar torso angle
This is me

Low bar is better for ATG
>suppversity.blogspot.ca/2017/02/barbell-squats-research-update-bar.html
The differences really only happen past parallel, and aren't that big of a deal. After that there isn't much of an appreciable difference between low bar and high bar