Hello everyone, first time on this board and looking to get in shape...

Hello everyone, first time on this board and looking to get in shape. I have some questions about certain supplements and figured I may as well ask here.

I was diagnosed with Crohns disease in 2013, age 18. My Crohns is in my ileum and colon. Before being diagnosed with Crohns, all throughout highschool I had major problems with energy, consuming 6+ energy drinks/day just to barely stay awake. I have never been very healthy, growing up on fastfood. However, I have never been over 150lbs (68kg). At my lowest weight due to severe vomitting I dropped down to 119 and was hospitalized, I am 6ft tall.

The past few years have been extremely rough physically, I have a 3 year old son and I struggle to get out of bed without prescription amphetamines. I've been diagnosed with Crohns, ADHD, and Fibromyalgia. Regardless of what I eat/drink, I cannot gain any weight. I fluctuate between 130-145lbs.

I am constantly in pain, when I started working in retail I took opiate pain killers and even those did not suppress the pain to the point in which I had to quit. To elaborate on my pain levels, my appendix almost ruptured before I went to the doctor. I had pneumonia for 3 months before thinking it wasn't just a cold, and waited several days after fracturing my arm before seeing a doctor. I'm saying this because I don't want to come off as someone with a very low pain tolerance. I hurt, 24/7.

I've been researching different supplements and anabolic steroids such as hGH, Dianabol Trenbolone, and a dozen others. I am seriously considering trying them because I feel I've run out of options. I've tried every diet one could think of. I don't plan on attempting to be a huge meathead, I just would like enough muscle to be able to sit in a chair without several pillows.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3761103/)
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PII0140-6736(93)90939-E/abstract)
westonaprice.org/health-topics/why-broth-is-beautiful-essential-roles-for-proline-glycine-and-gelatin/)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Okay friendo its gonna be hard but you can do it. Crohns basically makes it gaining in hardmode. Im sure you know enough about your diet that you know what foods will trigger your crohns. Take the foods that dont and find which ones are the most calorie dense and have decent macros. Stock up on those foods and make sure you count cals. If theyre perishable but only what you thinking you can eat in that time period ofc. Next just start lifting. This will help your appetite and youll start to gain weight for sure. Repeat until satisfied sorry for mass jumble of text im on my phone

Oh it's fine, the more text the better. I can eat most foods with the exception of things like a lot of red meat, milk, or anything extremely spicy/greasy/acidic. The only issue is I cannot eat alot because I will throw up due to the inflammation. My absorption rate is lower than a normal persons.

This is why I'm asking about the drugs I mentioned above.

literally kill yourself. You have life in hard-mode. I'm lactose intolerant and it's enough disadvantage for lifting and life in general.

Considered it a while back but I have a son.

I personally would recommend staying away from roids and hgh if you have any issues with the digestive tract. That being said, with Chron's you're gonna have issues with consuming the calories needed to build muscle. Try looking into mass gainers and mix with water only. If milk, but not cheese, causes issues try looking into a gainer with plant or protein isolate. I've noticed that plant protein seems to be more easier on the stomach and bowels, but isolate might work too due to the lack of other dairy in it.

Good luck.

Thank you.

Ulcerative Colitis bro,

I was diagnosed in late 2015, always had issue before but after 2015 I began bleeding. I was roughly 190-200lbs at the beginning of 2015, didn’t lift was just blue collar jobs/farming. I dropped down to 165 near the end of the year, I always felt dizzy, tired, regardless of sleep, couldn’t gain weight to save life, shit liquid/blood 3-6 times a day.

What really worked for me OP was just devoting my life to living to stay alive, obviously you’ve a little more to deal with but once I learned to live somewhat stress free I noticed a huge difference in diarrhea, which is the greatest way to cut ever. My wife helps a lot with proper dieting, I’ve had to resort to fresh foods as much as possible, we grow/purchase the majority of our vegetable in the summer, eat smaller portions of meats and staying away from almost all frozen foods/junk/high-suger besides the odd occasion. Near the end of 2016 I was able to reach 180-185lbs, My bowel movements had become somewhat regular, I have to stay in perfect schedule for my shits, If I miss my morning one it sets me back 3-4 days and I get pain and bloating abdomen with diarrhea.

I started lifting at the end of January 2017, I’m on week five of SS, I’m currently at 218lbs, I’ve been eating 3500-3700cal a day of clean foods, drinking water in between and with every meal all day, sleeping 7-8 hours on average. I’m on Mezavant for the Colitis, its an antinflammatory, I hate taking pills but it was like night and day after being on it, asked a doctor perhaps? On top of that, I drink plenty of pro biotic, fish-oil or fresh fish seems to help a lot with inflammation, get plenty of sunlight/vitamin D3 10000mg during winter cause Canada. Cardio/Swimming(When not having a shitty day.) seem to help me with discomfort.

All I can say, I’m feeling better since lifting, I’ve gotten much more energy and the extra activity is allowing me to sleep longer and I that seems to be helping my gut as well.

Also I'm lucky enough to still be able to drink Milk and eat Dairy, which has been amazing for weight gain, Rippetoe Saved my life, long live Whole Milk.

Thank you man, I really do appreciate and am motivated by your story. Are there any specific foods/supplements/probiotics you suggest? My rheumatologist said I had low vitamin D3 which is normal for Americans.

I'm on Humira for Crohns with the occasional phernagan/zofran for vomiting. Prednisone helped a ton but apparently you can't be on corticosteroids long term.

just be yourself

Ive got crohns and i lift and do exercise 6 times a week - im off to bed now but if this thread is going in the morning ill have a chat

Alright cool.

For the inflammation, try:
- Fucoidan (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3761103/)
- BPC-157
- L-Glutamine (thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PII0140-6736(93)90939-E/abstract)
- Hydrolyzed Collagen (westonaprice.org/health-topics/why-broth-is-beautiful-essential-roles-for-proline-glycine-and-gelatin/)

Others:
-Curcumin WITH Milk Thistle
- Activated Charcoal
- Sulphurophane
- VSL#3

Could just be all a bunch of overhyped bs, but it's a starting point for your own research

Thank you, I've saved this into a notepad and will continue to do more research. A friend of mine suggested Testosterone Enanthate but I'm extremely hesitant injecting anything bought over the internet into my body.

CYPROHEPTADINE and DHEA

>tfw chrohns
>5'7 and 100 pounds
>just eat more bro

Every family gathering "he's so skinny" "we need to fatten this man up"
-.-

>tfw young looking face too
>everyone thinks im 16

Yep.

side note anyone in this thread have any advice for how i should start lifting
i have no knowledge of anything about the gym and have basically no strength
should i just get a personal trainer?

first off, you should talk to a professional instead of a Veeky Forums imageboard. Secondly, why are you even asking this? Read the fucking sticky

READ THE STICKY

it makes me feel better knowing that someone else out there knows this feel
thanks user :)

You're gonna make it OP, for yourself and your kid.

I don't have any crohn's specific advice but as somebody with a metabolic disorder all I can say is keeping an unnaturally positive attitude will keep you going.

look up dr robert morse, arnold ehret, etc.

please, focus on your health and reversing these problems before fitness, weight-lifting will only worsen these problems

what kind of professional?

We will for sure.
There's millions of us, Crohns just isnt something visible to others, I'd rather look young than old, but would rather feel young and look old >.

>tfw ive been seeing small bits of blood on my poop
>tfw i shit so hard i started to see stars the other day
How do I fix? Google gets me little results other than fiber what are some great sources of fiber, I know fruits but which in general?

you might want to see a doctor

OP, as I understand it, dairy is easy on Chron's, so you have that going for you. I don't envy you, though.

Your weight is a medical issue. Talk to a doctor about it.

And read the sticky. Don't let anyone tell you there's no such thing as a stupid question.
>side note anyone in this thread have any advice for how i should start lifting
Wow, you're the first person to feel this way. There's no way this has already has an answer.

just eat all ripe & seeded fruits, berries are best, fuck anything that isn't fruit lol

Good to see the thread is still going, im amazed by how many people have crohns here seen as its literally the anti-bodybuilding disease.

It seems you have a few issues on top of crohns, or some could be related to the nutritional deficiencies you get with it - i certainly get beyond tired whenever im flaring, its almost the only symptoms ill have for months before stuff gets worse.

Everyone's crohns is so different to the point that it's likely not all just one disease, i've been privately treated by top consultants for a couple of years now and all of them kind of shrug when asked what crohns actually is - it really bothers me that so many lifestyle diseases get funded out the ass but in the 21st century they still just say get fucked if you have IBD and almost act like you're weird and imposing if you ask what the actual mechanisms of the disease are.

As for lifting i would certainly consider test - testosterone has an immune system modulating effect which can dampen down reactions alongside jumping up your muscle building and appetite. When i first got diagnosed i went from a lean 90kg to 67kg and since then my life has been periods of normal health where i build it back and then begin to falter and if i dont get treated i begin to lose it again. I always logically think it would be better to just fraud it and it wouldnt even really be cheating because i have been big before, i just have to keep starting from scratch unfairly, the only reason i dont is because ive been a natty lifter for 9 years. But OP i honestly would if i were you.

What medications are you on currently and are you ever in remission?

See a doctor. Also prunes. I ate 8 prunes once and holy...

??????????????
No don't fuck anything other than fruit you retard, fruit is one of the worst "health" sources around, its full of sugar. Your major source of fibre is vegetables: sweet potato, undercooked broccoli and kale etc. Also everything should be wholegrain and brown.

If you have to ask what to eat to get fibre then its no surprise you are shitting blood, you are probably seriously constipated.

> dairy
> crohns

Entirely wrong, its common to become lactose intolerant during a flare and some people become permanently unable to have it.