LOL

LOL

the shit people come up with because they cant spend 3 times a week for maybe an hour to exercise and eat decently

>implying even 1% of the people who say shit like this actually spend all their time reading books or other "curious" things.

Most of the people who use these kind of arguments for not exercising are fat boring shits themselves.

this comic is right about one thing though:

no-one actually cares

which also means you are free to pursue your hobbies like lifting
dont lift for others, lift for yourself

comic made by insecure faggots with zero self esteem to lie to themselves about everything they feel and live

Heh heh

Veeky Forums btfo

Reminder that women don't care about physique

>"everyone has their own issues going on"
>"do whatever you want"
>"lifting makes you a douche"
>"id rather spend that time reading and being interesting"
>spends 7 hours a day couch-sitting watching tv

>reminder that it doesn't matter what females think

>reminder that if you lift solely for the purpose for women you are not better then betas who work solely for women

I hate this gif comic format more than anything. All he animated was blinking. What was the point?

Was there any need whatsoever for this to be animated?

>reminder those girls are 13 and he is 16

i find it ironic that the first panel notes how pointless judging others is only to essentially claim that other hobbies are superior. hell, the author directly implies that self-improvement involving the traditional arts are of a more curious nature than those of lifting.

it's not as though picking up the guitar was ever used for superficial means, or picking up a weight was ever for the sake of discovering how functional or impressive one's body can truly be.

no, my hobbies mean more because of a projected need for credibility in my pursuits. oops, i mean, not that at all. i sure am a champion of not caring, ha ha!

yeah

I like how he thinks that being flabby and fat is "wrong" though

it's unhealthy and generally unattractive, those are the facts

doesn't mean you have to lift weights but at least do some sort of physical activity ffs

Zozzle

I despise nerds so much.

Yes, he'll be saggy and boring. Surely not like me, the kind of person who spent hours making this pathetic fucking image.

and they might be fat/ugly/his friends, who the fuck actually screenshot this thinking it made any point at all?

Its quite pathetic, what's it to him how people spend their time, also it's like 2-3 hours a week, and in my case at least i listen to cool and interesting audiobooks.

people against lifting always try to use the same handful of slanders against it, and the one i find most shallow is simply saying that it's boring, or that it's a waste of time because (x). some people do it because they deem it a worthy investment of time, the same as playing an instrument, not only for the skill, for the strength involved, but because it is fun for them. the idea that working out is a chore and cannot be fun, it must be torture, a waste of time, it's the worst defense against wanting to be sedentary. even if i only got half the gains from working out as i do, i would still do it.

>that man is healthy and cares about his appearance what a loser!

where do you think you are?

>I don't want to waste time exercising
>Netflix is my life lol

>weebshit talking about nerds

Wew

I go to /ic/ and I work out.

This dude is just a faggot. sage.

>2 frame gif with barely noticeable features
WOAH LOOK GUYS, A TRUE ARTIST

>zombie meme
>nerd
lmao, fuck off normie

who cares?

What kind of molecule is that supposed to be again? I haven't had organic chemistry since high school.

Why did zombies have to become a meme-tier monster anyway? They used to be cool in those older films and then the market became saturated.

>don't be so judgemental

>make a shitload of assumptions
>make excuses for insecurities
>conclusion: it's ok to be a sack of shit just don't tel me I am

When will people get it that you don't have to spend a shitload of time in the gym to look remotely good? Why not get the best of both worlds? If you're so smart what happened to "healthy mind in a healthy body"? Why the fuck do you have to convince the whole world that your insecurities are somehow your strengths in some twisted manner? How the fuck do you not realize the irony of it all, insinuating that those who pursue different goals than you are freakish, boring or vain while being all of that yourself?

where is the love dude

>everyone who lifts is a boring piece of shit who is secretly judging you
All I wanna do is lift and now I am piece of shit for enjoying this hobby?

lifting weights isn't a hobby

>in 50 years we will all be saggy but he'll be saggy and boring
In 50 years you'll be dead and i'll be saggy and alive

neither is shitposting on fitness boards

Why do people think you can't lift and also do all that other shit? It's like they never moved past that nerd vs jock mindset. Half the people I know that lift are fucking programmers.

fpbp

>Dude you like working out and making your body stronger, healthier, and better looking, and reaping said benefits, all while enjoying the fruits that come from pure hard work? Lmao ur clearly boring and insecure excuse me while I stuff my face with garbage and never strain my weak flabby body

normies are pathetic, wretched creatures

Bingo

caffeine

this makes me think

do people read books, have hobbies and go live adventurous lives because they WANT to? or because they feel validated when they do that shit.

What's so wrong with devoting your free time to lifting weights and reading the occasional (read

My dad worked out plenty and stayed fit so that he was able to play any sport that I was interested in with me despite being 50 when I was 15. He ran a marathon when he was 19 and said that was one of the most trying but satisfying things he has ever done, it's what motivates me to do the same thing.

>But of course he's just a boring saggy old man who has no more life experience than some coach potato that spent his prime years making comics like this to justify his inability to find the motivation to improve his body.

">tfw to inteligent to lift" the comic

went the same way that the whole survivalist thing, there used to be some really interesting fucked up communities around.
My guess is that the social comment (at least in Romeros films) became boring, the same way that dying of exposure did for the survivalist.

/thread

lmao this was my exact thought

They don't care because people like OPs pic are non existent to them because they never leave the house.

this
I hate when in casual convos people try to hype some leisure activities as their hobbies just so they don't seem boring to others

>yea uhm I like traveling
no shit everybody does
>and I'm like playing the guitar
yea your four chords on that shitty walmart guitar with rusty strings sure blow me away
>also reading
facebook ain't reading m8

I'd rather have a discussion with somone who collects stams and can tell me a funny story about how he got that one rare nazi stamp than people blabbing away about stuff they don't know shit about or don't realize that they're so superficial on their "hobby" it hurts

I had a discussion with a dude that is tieing ropes for a living ffs just be passionate dude and basically anyhing can be cool, just don't be a dick about it

and basic bitches should just fuck off or realize that they're being idiots

I get why the picture is a bit silly but I think all of you are missing something here. I have been a trainer for around 15 years, been on this board since its inception and I have to say the development has been fascinating.

There is a bit of a problem developing amongst the teens/early and mid 20s people which has been rapidly gaining traction in the last year or so and I think it ties in ironically with the OP which you're all laughing at. The addiction to how lean someone has become can be a problem as they build up anxiety around making any changes for fear their leaness will be taken away. They've overly identified with the fruits of their action not the benefits of being healthy and fit. They've wrapped up their self worth in the praise they get from others or stolen looks they get from guys/girls in the gym. Note these are all phenomenally fit people who are still struggling with their body image.

Here's a test for you; take a step back and write down the benefits of training that are NOT aesthetics related - the alternative can be (and almost always is with young gym goers) what im seeing all the time which is burnt out, chronically fatigued people that may look fit but never feel fit - and that is genuinely a travesty. It certainly wasn't this bad 20 years ago.

Good luck all

> All lifters are meatheads meme

The sheer delusion that failed normies will delve into to justify their lack of willpower.

Heh you mindless sheeple lifting food objects into your mouth...
You're so pathetic, still caring about self sustenance, yeah you'll live more than a month from now, but will it really be worth it, being subject to this monotonous routine?
I'll just enjoy lying around dying, because that's what I like, there's no way to enjoy anything else, it jsut takes so much effort.

Spot on m8.

A girl said to me she volunteers at a refugee shelter.
Fact was: She went there, took pictures of the few children (for fagbook selfies) and was disgusted by 99% of the other refugees and never came back.

>tfw no real hobbies.

I used to say video games but that's just not accurate anymore.

I finally got a good job and I am looking forward to getting a real hobby. Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but I basically couldn't afford a real hobby until this point in my life.

>the benefits of training that are NOT aesthetics related

I dunno man I feel like anyone that lifts for an extended period of time gains a greater appreciation for how their body works, for diets, for what muscles actually are, how important rest is etc.

That being said yeah I've totally been there, the fear that missing a workout will fuck you over is real. There's a stigma around resting yourself, people would rather overwork and get stress injuries than take a day off. It's pretty cool from one perspective but sad and disconcerting from another.

well, doesn't matter, people got other shit to do
I had many well rounded and smart people say that they don't have any hobby because they simply don't have the time or ambition to put energy into it

still better than selling "putting on fancy shoes every other day" as fashionista bs

I don't have a career, but I do have a job and some money and time floating around, but I just want to "relax" (internet. youtube, etc) before I go to work everyday and then "relax" when I come home before I go to bed.

No drive, no motivation, no discipline, no goals except do literally nothing all day. It's actually got so bad that if I'm out shopping I try to do it as fast as possible just so I could get home and do nothing. Because if I wake up at 10am I "only" have 6 hours until work. and if I go out then that "wastes" an hour or two.

see above paragraphs. It's not like I have a time consuming career or anything.

well if you think you lack something to do in your free time that try finding something

maybe something you wanted to do as a kid? except vidya all day ofc

>be into films, animating and making music
>decide i was fat and unhealthy and that i wanted to change my life
>got into fitness and nutrition, feel better than ever
>lost like 80 lbs, went from 4/10 to 6/10

Partially out of self betterment and wanting to have a better future, and also due to bad experiences being a fat fuck earlier in my life.

Fuck you comic, if it was for shit like you i'd have stayed a fat fuck.

You can listen to audiobook while lifting if that is so important to you.

WHAT NOW, ATHEISTS?

What I want in my free time is for time to move as slowly as possible. That's why I do basically nothing because watching youtube all day feels like 6 hours, instead of doing something fun or going out which makes it feel like 3 hours. for example.

"time flies when you're having fun".

I know it's a fucked perspective but so far it's the only one that I actually kinda like, extending time so it feels as long as possible.

A guy I went to college with had the testosterone molecule tattooed on his forearm and he always wore a t-shirt. Just needed to get that off my chest.

I do that

I see people say this all the time here. How is it not?
I spend many hours a week at the gym improving my strength, form, mobility, and coordination. I spend time learning new routines and techniques. I learn about proper nutrition and other lifestyle habits so that my lifts can improve. I even buy fancy shoes to help me lift better and shorts to feel comfy in. There's a social scene as well once you get to know other people at the gym. It's just like any other hobby in the world.

I'm pretty sure you're me.

>write down the benefits of training that are NOT aesthetics related

I genuinely enjoy using my body and working up a sweat. Feeling your lats squeeze when doing rows or pulldowns is an amazing feeling, physically. Also the mental aspect is great. I hate bench pressing but I still get under the bar and push that shit even though I'm hesitant and a bit intimidated by the weight. When I get one more rep or add a little bit more weight it's all worth it. It feels awesome.

Also like said, you get a better understanding/appreciation of your body.

I've also made some great friends at my gym in the couple years that I've been going there. We just have a good time challenging ourselves and each other, sharing info, and just hanging out. It sounds corny but it's a really positive environment to be in and it's kind of addicting once you're into it.

But is that time really worth anything when you look back on it? You might feel like you had all this extra free time that lasted forever, but was it really put to good use?

>nobody cares or judges you for what you look like!
>look at that dumb meathead wasting his time lifting metal! read a book like me doofus!

>teenagers
>only two replies
>one is probably his girlfriend

>one of them is him

Of course not. It's a very short sighted way of looking at things and I never thought it was a good idea.

Neither is reading fiction but people act like it is

I beg to differ

who is the gatekeeper of what is and is not a hobby? i need a checklist or something to make sure my hobbies are actually hobbies

George looks good with a mustache

>I'd rather read a book, draw a picture, play music or talk with friends.
You can do all of that while lifting with a home gym.

I'm a grill so idk but I got into boxing and like the confidence that has brought. I also like just being slightly stronger than average. I can carry more shit than before. It just feels cool to pick some shit up and some girls around me are calling for some dude to pick it up instead. And I can do a handstand which just feels badass. I can run with my dog a few times a week and get around easier. I'm not winded going up a couple flights of stairs like I used to get just a year ago.

But I didn't get into gym/cardio/fitness shit to get aesthetic. I figured weightloss was entirely in diet and that could be done without the gym so that was my aesthetic concern. So when I made my whole fitness goals it was related to very little aesthetic shit. Mainly just it'd be neat to get abs and build butt. But otherwise I just really didn't wanna be so weak anymore and wanted to be able to do basic shit like pull ups and push ups and run without being a bitch about it.

And yoga has helped with a lot of pain management and my posture. Shit's wild. Used to hate that I was such a clutz and yoga has helped in that in ways I can't begin to get into. 11/10 just get some vids off youtube and you get so much out of it for so little investment.

>OMG I READ A BOOK I DREW A PAINTING LOOK AT ME IM SO SPECIAL

fuck off

>went to the gym
>accidentally read a book afterwards

Fuck shit, help me Veeky Forums, what the fuck do I do now?

Am I going to die?

You should try some stuff and see if you fall in love. Nothing makes life feel better than passions.

what's your definition?

me too
I'm getting into woodworking, gardening, and general DIY home improvement instead of just playing video games, watching anime, and masturbating all day

You fool! Books kill gainz and cause gyno

I'm a programmer and my friends(also programmers) all work out.

Found your comment to be relatable.

>burnt out, chronically fatigued people that may look fit but never feel fit

Me desu

>not taking a book into the gym to read between sets

Hobby : An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

I actually just lift 30-45 mins a day, 4 times a week + sports so I dont know what this comic is on about. Fat acceptance again?

>>in 50 years we will all be saggy but he'll be saggy and boring
>In 50 years you'll be dead and i'll be saggy and alive

My thoughts exactly friendo. I had a further thought:

Today, I am swole, and he is not.
In 20 years, my sons will be swole, and they will fuck his wife's daughters or his wife's son's GF
in 50 years my grandsons will be swole, and the circle of chad will continue.

These people like to pretend that gains are ephemeral (and therefore shallow), but if you teach your kids, your gains will echo in eternity.

>"I read therefore I am intellectual"
>reads fantasy books meant for teenagers
This shit needs to stop

I really, really loathe faggy/effeminate men. I don't know why, they just really irritate me.

Ladies... I draw comics. Please form a line.

>some meat head slapped my gfs ass and she giggled instead of being upset: the comic

What's even worse is when people decide they want to get fit but decide lifting's stupid, so they decide to do some sort of "alternative" sport, like parkour or some martial art or rugby. This almost always leads to a dyel/chubster walking around with a pretentious air about them because of the special snowflake activity they partake in.

whats wrong with wanting to out run the dead?

this
home boy nerd that collects bow ties is pretty bro tier