I need to lose 40 or so pounds in 4 months

I need to lose 40 or so pounds in 4 months

is this possible

Possible, yes

Sustainable and/or healthy? Probably not

Yeah it is, it should be pretty easy if you can eat what you plan to eat.

Just count calories and do cardio. Yeah lifting will work better but you'll actually do cardio.

Yes.
It's beyond fucking easy.
But if you're already relativley thin then you're going to fuck up.

no I'm 5'9" 230lbs. I know it's not ideal weight but realistic for me.

What for?
Really?

You fucked up.

Possible. Difficult - for you.

So, 10 lbs a month? Sure, why not. Some rules:

1. Eat vegetables and lean meats like they're going out of style.
2. Calorie restriction. Do some research on this, but if you're eating 2.5k cals/day, make it 1.8k - 2k/day.
3. Exercise five/six times a week. Make cardiovascular exercise a habit and do between 30-45 mins. Preferably HIIT/Tabata or something equally strenuous, like a boxing workout.
4. Lift weights like your life depended on it. Start slow, but track your progress and lift for intensity. Since fat loss is your goal, focus on that intensity at a decent rep range (6-10) with moderately heavy weights (but not too heavy where you can't lift beyond 6 reps).
5. Drink a lot of water, take in some vitamins and just rest a lot. Sleep a minimum of 8hrs per day.

In the first month, you may lose a bit more than 10 lbs depending on how sedentary you are. The 2nd month will be harder; same with the 3rd and 4th. Just up the intensity, stay consistent and do new things (cardio getting stale or heart rate not getting up there quick enough? try boxing/kickboxing. )

Good luck.

Oh and stay away from processed junk/food. No soda, no cheeseburgers, no pizza, no fatty shit, etc. If you're stuck or lost anywhere, check Liam Rosen's guide.

It's all you, senpai.

1. no carbs?
2.I probably eat close to 4k I'd guess
3.don't know what HIIT/TAbata is but I will google

thanks for the advice you're really helpful

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that about a 1300 Cal per day deficit?
That is possible but doesn't sound healthy.

There are vegetables with a good amount of carbs. In general, your carbs should come from

>brown rice
>yams
>sweet potato (without any sugar/butter)
>regular potatoes
>healthy grains

Cut out shit like bread, pasta or any other unnecessary/empty carbs.

2 hour wrestling workouts with tons of meats and veggies.
No sugars (except from fruits). No soda, no juices, no junk period.
Possible. But hard. I doubt your commitment.

Here

Oh, and don't shock your system too much if you're starting at eating 4k cals/day. Limit it to 3k, see how you feel, then 2.5k, then 2k and maintain that. This should take about a week. Cut 100-300 cals per day.

Starting tomorrow, aim to only eat about 3800 cals. Then, Tuesday aim for about 3500, then 3300 Wednesday, etc. Do me a favor, though:

DON'T
FUCKING
STARVE

Starving yourself is the WORST possible thing you can do. Just eat healthy and take it slow. You're not asking for 40 lbs loss in a month, but 10 lbs/month. This is doable and very possible, and it can be very healthy, but you have to be strict and just take it easy. Consistency is key. You're doing a marathon here. You may stumble every now and again, but just get back on track.

If you're cutting weight for an upcoming fight, then you probably have people around you who know better than us.

But you're here and asking that question. I guarantee you there is nothing that you *need* to lose 40lbs for. You will serve yourself (and your country if it's some armyfag ultimatum) better by seeing this as an opportunity to start on a path towards a healthy diet and exercise routine.

IF and DNP
Dont die though

yea as long as you stick to a tough routine and dont quit

Try PSMF

10 pounds a month isn't even an unhealthy amount to lose.

fuck that i'll die and have saggy skin

why would you think i'm a boxer? you see my stats. thats not muscle.

depends on how fat you are. 2 lbs a week for a skinnier person should be the most they lose. If you are like pretty over weight then you could even go 5 lbs a week. the first week will probably be water weight though.

that is a 1167 deficit each day

will be a pain in the ass but it is doable

start now by reading the sticky

i'd recommend either keto or intermediate fasting for large/fast weight gain. I've done both and they definitely do wonders compared to just a couple hundred kcals under your TDEE

no i have mental problems I'm not messing with diet radically besides healthier choices

I'm obese 5'9" 230. body type is 75%mesomorph 25%endomorph according to bodybuilding.com

Why the 4 month time frame?

It's great you want to lose weight, but it's best to do it slow and steady and lose 1 - 2 pounds a week.

This method takes longer but it works because you are less likely to have a freak out and eat a bunch of bullshit WHEN your body starts feeling like shit from crappy food withdrawal.

just dont eat