So i moved out of mummy's basement, and will have to start going to a public gym instead of the home gym i had set up

so i moved out of mummy's basement, and will have to start going to a public gym instead of the home gym i had set up

am i going to be perceived as a massive homo for wearing knee sleeves and weightlifting shoes to squat 275 lbs

someone aware me

if youre squatting it really well then no literally no one cares

if youre shakily half repping it then youre a fag

also youll come to realize that if youve never been to a commercial gym before regularly youll be in the top 5% of squatters at the gym even at 275

Dunno man, most people in my gym cant even lift 225lbs x5.
Im skinnyfat phaggot who just recently got to 225x5 and some bros have come to me sayin
>dweed use a belt you gotta hurt yourself, thats like more than your weight

So i guess it depends on the gym. Most Veeky Forumscitizens say that normal people in their gym start squatting 335x5 in their first time at the gym, so i really dont know.

tbqh no one gives a shit what you're doing UNLESS you're doing something very VERY weird

just get your ass working

I wear knee sleeves because my knees are fucked up and I barely squat

I have no idea what knee sleeves do.
I lift at a gym where dudes with *wraps* did lots of sets with 405.... blew my mind.
You should be able to lift "cotton free" until 315.
A belt at 315 is normal. Wraps are not.
Wraps at 365 are ok....

>what I see.

They keep your knees warm and thus theoretically help prevent injuries. Doesn't really have as much to do with the amount of weight you're moving.

They support your knees user. Pretty simple. Keeps everything nice and tight

Depends on the knee sleeves desu, Some do give you rebound some just keep you cozy and warm.

No one gives a shit what you wear or how much you squat

They typically don't provide enough compression to have any meaningful support on your knees under load, which is why top end competitive power-lifting is done with knee wraps instead of knee sleeves.

>I moved out in 2015
>Sold my home gym ,and I miss it everyday

Hope to build another home gym one day, Stuck in apartment life these days but have the money for own gym, and maybe a house soon. Guess I'm stuck with commercial gyms for now

>Buy rack
>Shit belts

:( Those are from my early days, I switched to a level belt from elite fts and it is not pictures i think. still have the belt but no power rack these days...

>Not Inzer

is it just me or does that pic look like 2 chicks bending over, but you cant see their heads?

No one gives a shit.
It's typically a bunch of professionals getting their jog session in before or after work.
People are normal and lifting culture from the internet is bullshit.

knee sleeves and knee wraps are different. wraps will provide a noticeable increase in performance while sleeves will (should) not.

most people in the gym quarter squat 1 pl8

Yuss

I only judge people who use belts for machines at the gym.
but no no one will actually care if you use knee wraps.

Ye

Is it ok to wear romaleos if you're still doing a beginner brogram?
I wanna get liftan shoes so why not get the best right senpaitachi?

Knee sleeves help a lot if you hole dive, which I do and can confirm.

You're already a massive faggot for caring what strangers think of you. You might as well walk into the gym with a dick in your ass because that's how you look.

There are 2 people at my 24 who I've seen wear Rehband knee sleeves. Some faggot (literally) who squats the fixed curl bars, and me who squats 4 plates and pulls almost 6.

Protip: Don't give a shit

Dude wear the knee sleeves. These faggots who say otherwise don't know about kneebola.

TRUST ME - it doesn't matter what they say, it just matters that in 10 years you can still tie your shoes.

Were you doing snatch grip rack pulls with fat gripz?