Veeky Forums keeps talking about being rich

>Veeky Forums keeps talking about being rich
>They view cars, and any sort of enjoyment as "wastes of money" because it's not an investment

How are people here so retarded?

I've never understood the logic behind living worse than some guy with negative networth and shit credit. What point is it being rich if you Pennypinch like a Jew and will eventually get hit by a car or have a heart attack and your millions will have gone to your estate instead of enjoying yourself?

I get not spending all your money obviously but there has to be a limit to what point you say "Okay I can spend some of my riches to enjoy myself".

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-warren-buffett-laguna-beach-20170220-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lZgOhP_RMSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

buy a car thats an investment

We make money because we dont value it like you
We dont value shiny things
We just want more momey so you dumb fucks dont have it

Its so i can retire early and spend more time shitposting not even being ironic

For others its to start their own business or hoard coins to ease their autism

Because all of us aspire to be Ascended Neets
That is, living off investments and not needing to ever work another day in our life

>have money
>do nothing with it
>paying for anything feels like a chore

>spending money on le shiny new fad

kys normie

Exactly. Time is much better than a stupid car.

Now if you can also be rich enough to not work and have an awesome car, great, but that's a pretty significant chunk of change

but we do spend it on enjoyment just not retarded shit like expensive cars

>Worked only 3 years of my life
>27
>400k net worth

If I work more than 10 years of my life, I will lose my mind... my goal is 3 million and I can live very comfortable off interest at 4% withdrawal rate and 20% capital gains roughly 96k net per year....do you understand how relaxing and rewarding a life like that can be? Instead of what fucking spending 1 million per child to raise them, and satisfying one bitching cunt of a woman for the rest of my life while I slowly die.... yeah no thanks

why would anyone buy an expensive car in the first place, its not like you're going racing or some shit

I think about it all the time... my net worth would have to be 5 million before I would buy 100k car and even then I would just use saved interest

I'm now kind of in the same boat as you, but I sort of used to be like the mega-pennypinchers. Back in 2011-2014 one of my favourite blogs was "Mister Money Mustache", which is run by this sort of pompous ass who takes pride in being cheaper than the great consumerist unwashed. I used to almost worship the guy and lived very simply, as he said I should. Then in early 2015 I got sick. Like, really sick, for months. At one point there was a pretty good chance I was going to die. Once I got through that, I realized that all this "financial independence" nonsense was some sound advice with a whole lot of rubbish. I deprived myself of luxuries and enjoyment, for what? A few extra dollars in my bank account and some more index funds that would have just gone to my family and girlfriend had I died? Fuck that noise.

I'm still frugal, but not nearly as much as before. I buy alcohol, meals in nice restaurants, and go on vacations because who knows, I may die tomorrow (touch wood), and I enjoy doing those things. I've only got one shot so why spend it washing Ziploc bags.

This. I wouldn't even buy a 100k car at 5 million because 5 million isn't enough to retire on at my age so why would i toss an extra 70 to 40k in the trash just to have a slightly cooler vehicle

i simply do not like to be "out-jewed". i'm not going to help some jew get richer by buying a bunch of extremely overpriced aluminium and steel, just because he got some underpaid engineering students turn it into some shiny loud thing that only functions to make my fat ass fatter and other people jealous.

>cars are a fad

It's true what they say OP. The only person cheaper than a jew is an anti-semite.

It takes a near death experience to shake the cheapness out of you. I had the same sort of thing happen to me - I was hit by a car and was put in a medically induced coma. There was about a 50% chance of recovery. I am still fundamentally cheap but not a total Jew like before. There is so much more to live for.

>Pennypinch like a Jew and will eventually get hit by a car or have a heart attack and your millions will have gone to your estate instead of enjoying yourself?

I enjoy lording my money over poorfags. I don't enjoy a lot of things, but I do enjoy that.

/thread

Agreed guys. Of course I buy my index funds with every paycheck and I don't just blow all my money but I've started to find a balance between enjoyment and building wealth.

There really is no sense wasting your best years (20s and 30s) just to make maybe a half million more in most cases when you at 60

Because some people are spoon-fed consumerist memes that your expensive car says how good you are and gets you laid. Even if cars get you laid it's a terrible return on your investment.

Protip: Most rich important people aren't going to be impressed by any car a normie is going to be driving anyway. You're just going nto be impressing a bunch of normie pajeets.

>devalues quickly
>all that speed is worthless (we have speed limits)
>will be outdated within a year
>only reason people buy them is to get people to look at them (beta as fuck)

Only brainlets buy sports cars

>5 million isn't enough to retire on at my age

How the fuck is it not? That's definitely enough to live quite well off of in every country.

I enjoy lording my money over poorfags too. I honestly think it's like 90% of the fun of being rich beyond not having to work. Do I really enjoy drinking champagne on an airplane? I mean, sure, a little. But a lot of it is gloating at poor normies as they get stuffed into coach.

"Now nigga why you mad? Oh, you can't do that?
I'm so forgetful, they calling me cocky
I come up out the jeweler, they calling me Rocky
It's the ice on my neck, man, the wrist and my left hand
Bling like bloaw, you like my style
Ha ha, I'm heading to the bank right now"

Inb4 "lol not flying private"

Rich people make money for the sake of making money.

the simplest answer is that you quickly realize that it's the money that turns you on and not things. when you fantasize about being rich you imagine expensive things. when you actually start getting rich, the only thing on your mind is getting even more rich, trying to break the high score. buying a Lambo literally feels like a setback because you're thinking of all the missed gains that those 150k could've accumulated instead of just depreciating like every car does

the problem is that the cars they think of are not expensive enough
spend 20 million on a car and it will be a car that INCREASES in value as time goes on. Spend 100k? lol nice pussymobile you fuckin fago

Maybe if you're mentally ill. That's how you end up being known as "That guy who has a portfolio of over $50mm and yet drives a worse car than an average black person on welfare and has experienced nothing".

Usually these people realize their mistakes around 50-60, when they start buying expensive cars to compensate for lost time.

There are a lot of nice sedans that have really powerful engines (quick acceleration is fun) but don't look especially aggressive. Some car makers like Mercedes will let you get the car without badges so people won't even know what model you ended up getting unless they're serious enthusiasts. I appreciate the idea of someone getting a fast car that's meant really just for their own enjoyment.

>"That guy who has a portfolio of over $50mm and yet drives a worse car than an average black person on welfare and has experienced nothing".

Like Warren Buffet?

Sure, if you've got millions don't buy a shitty broken car with duct tape for windows. But you aren't depriving yourself driving around a 10-15 year old Lexus in good shape.

Using cars to display wealth is a thing of the past. Nowadays if you're feeling spendy you can burn 5k on a 15-day trip to southeast asia, experience some wonderful shit and still post some cool pics to your facebook to make normies jealous

Yeah this is honestly better. So many normies are so poor they couldn't even afford to take a free vacation because they couldn't pay rent or loans when they're gone.

WB just sold a 10mm beach house in Cali

latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-warren-buffett-laguna-beach-20170220-story.html

He wasn't living like a pauper

>Okay I can spend some of my riches to enjoy myself
You can buy a luxury apartment in NYC, or a house in London, you'll enjoy yourself and you wont waste your money.

High end cars are for men with a mid life crisis and kids.

Lol WB is notorious for driving a basic car for a long ass time. Drove a 2001 Lincoln Town car until 2006, got a Cadillac DTS, held on to that for 8 years, got another Cadillac CTS. Usually eats at McDonald's for breakfast.

Yeah he does nice shit too. But that's the point. Spend your money on shit that matters.

>get rich
>buy a lambo
>have to pay over expensive fucking insurance because it's a lambo
>light gets damaged
>have to fork out probably $5k just to replace it
>whats that? You need a new wheel? 3k pls

Etc.

>no one said anything about a lambo or an Aston Martin

Wtf is wrong with you people? You know there's a middle ground between a 10 yo old civic or the bus and a top of the line sports car?

>hoard coins to ease their autism

you mean like DOGE?

>Spend your money on shit that matters.

Like nice clothing.

The only reason I'm tryna get rich is because motorsports require a shit load of time and money
Also speeding fine add up fast

this

I got a 2016 Nissan Maxima for $20k. Thing is still sexy and 300 hp

You can get really nice cars for $30-40k a few years old and used.

Idk why people here think it's either a mountain bike from CL or a Ferrari

This exactly

>live fairly frugal but with enough amenities to stay happy until $1M

>150k into car
>100k on clothes/jewelry
>100k travel budget to ration across a few years

>300k on a house somewhere in an appreciating market
>200k into fairly safe long term stocks
>100k into crypto mid-long holds
>50k into daytrading FX

rate my plan Veeky Forums

I would ditch the 150k Car. go for 20K Clothes + 20K car.

Maybe slice the house up too 200K, and try and get a rental/condo out of all the spare change.

Keep rest of plan, and study trading hard.

Then when you hit 2mill, you can upgrade,

Pretty good call, I just grew up poor so the prospect of having that kind of wealth is crazy enticing.

you guys are such fags 20k on clothes after you hit 1mill lollollol

I would dedicate at least 500k of the pot for jewelry

fpbp

D E T E C T E D

Same, mate. My daily is a 2013 Toyota Camry XLE. Not sexy at all but gets the job done and is super comfy, soaks up my 75km of daily highway driving with ease. Sometimes I wish I got the V6 but it seems sort of pointless when you drive 110km/h most of the time.

I also have a 2015 Miata. Fun as hell, but not fast. All about dat handling and dat manual gearbox feel. Not a great investment at all, but lots of smiles per gallon.

Agreed with this.

That's because cars ARE wastes of money. You don't derive any substantial economic utility past ~$5,000, it's just comfort & showing off at that point.

I'm literally driving a 2009 Ford Fusion I got for $4800 a 3 years ago and it has 90%+ of the features a new car in 2017 has.

Just because you are cherrypick cars that went up in value doesn't mean cars are a good investment in any sense. The only point of having a car is to save time, which is valuable in itself.

Spending your money for enjoyment is poorfag logic. The only thing I spend my money on are necessities and health related things, so basically food, supplements, and hygiene products.

Other than that I don't own anything that couldn't be classified as a business expense.

Hey dicklet numale
Cars aren't about money
They are a toy for real men who like adrenaline
If you can't understand this you are literally a fucking woman.

>cherrypick cars that went up in value

Yeah and really the only cars that predictably go up in value are ones that are basically never driven and constantly pampered. Climate controlled garage, meticulously polished, driven for maybe ten miles once a week on a sunny day to keep the fluids going. At that point it's not really a vehicle and it's more a space-consuming piece of art.

Money is a tool.
I know your nigger mind won't be able to grasp it, but not everyone care about shiny things and brands products and useless luxuries, and not everyone live from hand to mouth.

And as for spending money for enjoyment being poorfag, only poorfags think this because it's the only way they can cope with being broke ass faggots that can't afford shit in their life
Enjoy being a millionaire and not spending it on anything. Fucking disgusting ass kike

Any decent Japanese sports car from the 90s and early 00s has already doubled in value in the last 10 years. My rx7 I got for 6k in 2013 is already worth 14k minimum
So...

Out of this board, normie
Hoarding process is fun and competitive. Buying blings is for niggers and women

This is the information age m8
The only thing you need to enjoy yourself is a computer and an internet connection.

Video games, movies, videos, books, social interactions, learning skills, and yes even business and trading...
If you need to spend money to amuse yourself, i pity you.

You must live a very boring life
I don't even feel pity for you because you choose to be a basement dwelling loser

>buying Mazdas and calling other poorfags
LMAOing at your life bro. I'll keep growing my net worth while you focus on wasting your money trying to impress 14 year old girls.

While I agree with you in principle on used cars, I am very particular about how my car is maintained and driven, and most previous owners... are not.

I used to drive my grandfather's 1997 Toyota Camry before it was wrecked by a nignog who rear ended me. I liked that car so much that I bought a 2001 from a Chinese couple for $2800. What a mistake that was - the car had a fuckton of deferred maintenance, because the cunts had falsified the service records. Ended up costing me another $1800 to get up to spec. And then the rust set in, because of course the cheap fuckers never spent a dime on rustproofing. The car has fewer miles than the one I was driving but was far more of a headache. Generally, I find that when people have a good car, they keep it- they only sell if they know it will be trouble, or if they absolutely have to. And there are not nearly as many people in the latter category as in the former.

There are two reasons to save. The first and most obvious is that you have an obligation to provide for your descendants. Boomers don't understand that and have squandered generations of accumulated capital on themselves, leaving nothing for their descendants. Don't be a boomer.

The other is that the divide between the haves and have-nots is growing, and you do not want to be a have-not. Things will get very, very bad and you will need a lot of money to insulate yourself from how bad it will get.

It's nice to treat yourself sometimes, but you need to save and invest for real.

If you're rich it's smarter to just get a car that's reliable and won't rape you with maintenance fees.

You shouldn't buy a sports car unless it's 2% of your net worth. Cause GL paying $100 week on gas and then 20k a year to maintain it.

Lol. 10+ years that FD could easily triple in value from current state
youtube.com/watch?v=lZgOhP_RMSM

Look at NSX's

>rx7
mirin, what gen?

There's plenty of decent reliable cars that can still go fast if that's your thing. Think a golf gti, lancer evo, mustang, G35/37. Honestly you'd probably get better use out of any of those on a normal road than a fuckin lambo. yeah they're still more expensive than a camry or a pulsar but they're not gonna kill you with maintenance if you have a decent income

Make your life about doing what you want.

The problem is that most people don't know what they want.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, hobonigger.

if you don't know what you want then you'll always get it