Melatonin

Is taking Melatonin every few days to sleep bad for you? I recently tried it and have been getting great sleeps when I take it...

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/melatonin/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your body naturally produces it when you're in a dim lit room. So by taking a supplement will tell your body to stop producing it. The minute you stop taking it, you'll probably have hard time going to bed for a few weeks.

If you have problems sleeping take it. Its great to help you sleep. No real downsides to it you can take like 6 to 8 if you are really not sleeping well.

Its fine

as long as you only take it like 3 times a week it's fine.

It's like taking stimulants, if you take it everyday your body will rely on it

I've been taking it every night for the past 4 years or so

Just like anything in your body, if you take it often your body will down regulate its production itself

it is not recommended to take often

your brain produces 300 MICRO grams a DAY.

now youre taking 3-8mg?

hahaha this thread of people saying its fine

I took it for a few days and had a messy wet dream. Idk if it was the melatonin, but fuck it was a mess

Fuck I hope not, I have serious problems with sleep, and I'm not going to a doctor because I'm not a fucking pussy and other people need the meds more than me. I take a shit ton of melatonin and use both this and the pearls.

I've been taking 10-20 mg every night for like 4 years dude. I stopped taking it about a week ago because I ran out and I'm broke, and I'm sleeping just like I did before I ever started taking it. No worries dude.

Is it the same for vitamin D?

Thank fuck, I sleep for 2 hours a night without it and sometimes even if I take it I only sleep 2 hours.

No certain things your body has evolved to not produce because it's abundant in other sources.
Like vitamin C or D

Yeah back before I started taking it I would lie in bed for literally 8 hours without being able to sleep. Doctors won't give me anything else and they've never batted an eye when I told them how often I take melatonin. That and I've never had any bad side effects other than all the weird fucking dreams.

I'm not going to the doctor for it, people need it more than me, same with anxiety. Those meds could be going to vets and shit, I'm not taking that from them.

Seriously? Spouting nonsense with no evidence.

"Taking melatonin is not associated with negative feedback (when taking supplementation causes your body to produce less of a hormone). It is also not addictive, and is not toxic."

examine.com/supplements/melatonin/

It's not like there is a finite amount of it....

Melatonin triggered a mental breakdown for me. My doctor told me that happens sometimes.

There's endless pills dude

I take a very small dosage (300 MCG) as I read that the large dosages like the one in OP can actually make sleep more difficult for some people. The small dosage works great for me personally.

Science aside...
I personally have trouble sleeping if I take sleep meds, usually zzzquil, for more than a couple days and then stop. I always have trouble falling asleep for at least a couple nights, but it doesn't last long.
Again, even if it is a placebo effect of sorts, it happens EVERY time I take sleep meds. So that's just my personal experience.

Melatonin made me sad

Source?

It's fine. The worst that will happen is you'll get used to it and need to take more. Taking a break for a week or two fixes that.

Stfu you fucking nigger. Fuck you and your examine bullshit. I wanna bash your fucking head in so fucking badly omfg Im so mad right now.

>take 1-3mg of melatonin for a year
>quit
>can fall asleep without any problems
but
>also slept 2 hours each day
>10 hours total
>wake up just as tired as if I hadnt slept for a minute
>literally was bed bound for 2 weeks
>was so tired I could barely go to bathroom
>brain didnt work at all
>my thoughts were some retarded mixture of english and my native language that didnt make sense at all

I will stay away from melatonin despite what some shitty article has to say about it. Melatonin ruined my last summer and I wont take it ever again. I never experienced side effects if I took it for short periods of time but you have to be careful because its not as safe as shills want you to believe.

Thanks, I was going to post something similar, but you have it covered.

>The minute you stop taking it, you'll probably have hard time going to bed for a few weeks.
Simply not true.
Melatonin doesn't cause addiction or tolerance.

>I will stay away from melatonin despite what some shitty article has to say about it.
You took 10 times the recommended dose and are now complaining about withdrawal symptoms, congrats.

I take it ~5 times a month for anti cancer benefits
I only have 5mg and it makes me tired af the next day

Take like 15. You'll get the best nightmares...

Your faggot site recommends taking 0.5-5mg which is more than I took. Fuck that shill site and their "research"

I took 10mg for a while and never felt anything, but it did help me remember to go to bed at a certain time

Maybe I just have beta genetics. I do have problems with processing b12 and folate which are responsible for production of melatonin so maybe thats the reason why I had such terrible withdrawal symptoms

why not take benadryl? Shits amazing for sleep

yeah the best wet dreams of my life were on melatonin

fucking insane dreams, fuck i think i'm going to take a bunch tomorrow night to get some dope ass dreams

i take like 50 mg when i want a crazy dream
yeah fucking crazy, i love them
>brain produces 300 mcg
>this somehow compares to oral consumption
wrong. melatonin ingested orally is subject to first-pass metabolism in the liver, and 90% is filtered out right off the bat.
>down regulate
>melatonin
again, nope.

it's fine to take it bro, and it doesn't even really work as a sleep aid until you've taken it for a few weeks to a moth.

t. pharmacist

What site? I haven't posted any site.

I guess good training for lucid dreaming but why do you have a hard on for nightmares dude?

I thought you were the guy who posted link to that examine site.

they're just exciting and fun, even though they're horrifying. just interesting to see what the human mind can conjure up in my wildest dreams i guess.

From personal experience, and I'm pretty sure I've read this somewhere, taking melatonin regularly leads to a buildup in your system, making you tired all the time.

So there may be some issues even if your natural production isn't affected.

i guess if your liver is less functional than a 90 year old lady

old folks take the fuck out of melatonin, decades at a time. bigger doses than you were taking. maybe you're just a psycho bitch idk

You probably like roller coasters too... fuck that. But all the best to you!

Meme. I take melatonin whenever I feel like I need it, and I have no trouble falling asleep without it. All depends on if I've fucked up my sleep schedule or not, like by going to sleep at 3 AM and waking up at 3 PM, then I might need something to kick me to sleep.

>Took two melatoning pills. 3 ZMA pills, one zolpidem, smoke some weed and take a bit of morphine.
>Sleep for 17 hours dreaming that I'm a serial killer who lives in an abandoned town and that dream immediately shifts over to another dream where I bomb a high school with Dr. William Luther Pierce.
In hindisight given all the drugs I stuffed into me I should be glad my stupid as didn't choke to death in my sleep on my own vomit.

Started taking it on friday by reccomendation of a guy from gym. It helped but my insomnia is more powerfull.

>brain didnt work at all
>my thoughts were some retarded mixture of english and my native language that didnt make sense at all
Fucking lol'd dude thanks. I personally haven't gotten that bad so far