What do you think of Planet Fitness?

What do you think of Planet Fitness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-WNuruLT6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's decent if you're new to fitness because you don't need heavy weights anyway, and it's also cheap. Obviously there will eventually come a point where they need a new gym that won't call them out for grunting or being in shape.

I have the cheapest membership they have simply for the convenience. I'm a semi new lifter, but I've been trying to get the most out of their smith machines. They're shitty, but thankfully they have enough so that I don't end up waiting to lift.

The atmosphere is generally pretty relaxing, but that cringey as fuck teen acceptance ad that they blast once on the hour is annoying. Everyone there is a fucking adult or college, so who gives a fuck about a teen's bully bullshit?

>putting stickers on the paint
autism

poorfag gym for scrubs

i mean you can probably get a somewhat decent workout there but no one there can be taken seriously due to their rules

Shit gym that exists to make money off of unmotivated, middle-aged office workers. Great business model though, they rake in a lot of cash from people who will come in a few times a month tops. The light use of their equipment, and the fact that they discourage any actual serious lifters means that they rarely have to repair anything. Weak self conscious people get the chance to say they have a gym membership while feeling no pressure to actually make any progress towards not being a fat disgusting shit. It's a win-win for everyone involved, the only person who loses is a serious lifter who finds themselves inside of one.

Does yours have any of those anti body shaming signs or a lunk alarm?

Oh hell yeah. There's fucking "NO CRITICS" plastered on everything and a big, nonfunctioning "Lunk Alarm" hanging above the dumbells and leg press machine.

Tried planet fitness lifting and the smith machines fucked my joints up. Hard.

Damn, really? I've been going there for about a month and a half now. Granted, I'm not putting up a ton of weight yet, so I don't think I'm too fucked.

As an atheist, I'd be perfectly fine with you god-fearing christians killing 99% of atheists.

fucking this. I did bench once on a smith machine and it was the most unnatural thing ever. I would stick to dumbbell bench or something over that. Shit will fuck you up if you do that long term.

>putting up a ton of weight
>planet fitness

choose one

wait, they don't have barbells at planet fitness, only smith machines and dumbbells?

no dumbells, grunting, olympic lifts, supersets, etc.

Basically smith machines, free weights and a whole lot of cardio.

Don't have that sign at the one I go to, but yeah those are pretty much all they have there.

that sign is triggering me

checked.

also that cunt has no shame. It's impressive how socially unaware he is.

They make their money almost exclusively from failed new years resolutioners. Think about it. How sweet would it be, from a business standpoint, if every year thousands of customers came running into your open arms, and you didn't even have to prepare for them to use the gym all year because you know they'll stop coming within, at most, one month. That's free money.

Just got a membership at the Canadian equivalent Fit4Less. Its only 5$ every 2 weeks, nothing can compete with that pricing. Its the biggest gym in my town. It doesnt have any water fountains because they want you to get thirsty and buy their drinks. It only has smith machines (it has free weight bench) but they are more advance with horizontal movement.

They're the only gym that will give you a pat on the back :-)

youtube.com/watch?v=r-WNuruLT6Q