Does cooking things put more calories into it?

Does it? I mean, obviously cooking with oil or butter will. But what about dry vs cooked pasta noodles? Bread vs toast? Ice cream vs melted ice cream? Which has more calories? If something is warmer it has more heat/energy/calories right?

no

Wot

how did you get onto Veeky Forums mom

yes it does. heating something up raises the amount of energy stored in it, which in turn increases the number of calories. this is just the second law of thermodynamics.

Heat = energy
Calories = energy
Therefore
Heat = Calories

Just gotta let that shit cool, brother. Ideally all your food should be frozen if you're on a cut.

>Ideally all your food should be frozen if you're on a cut.

wow how fucking retarded are you? have you ever weighed chicken frozen? it's way fucking heavier than when it's thawed. based on weight frozen food has like 50% more calories.

I think you're wrong but I don't know enough about thermodynamics to prove it

Your body can't turn heat into fat you mongrel.

nah. I wanna say google it but then google will prob give a bunch of momscience results saying yes

look mang your body only absorbs carbs, protein and fat for caloric energy. It doesn't absorb the energy of the wind hitting your face and you don't feel full after sitting outside with the sun hitting your ass like a flower. There's something to be said about how your body likes to maintain it's temperature and some slight 1 or 2 calories are maybe saved if you were to only eat cold shit all day erry day cause then your body might need to spend calories keeping you warm internally but other than that nah. The heat energy from warm food is otherwise just absorbed by your body in that maybe your gut feels a little warm for a while until the body temp goes back to normal and that's why it's so comfy to have warm chili in the winter. If we actually got energy from heat itself we'd probably piss ice or fart cool turds.

Carbs and fat aren't chemically altered by heating and protein changes chemically by heat but still gets absorbed the same and stays protein. It is arguably healthier to grill meat cause it ends up less calories probably what with the fat drippings falling away and leaving only meat so in that case cooked meat would have less calories than not cooked.

If you're real curious there's something where you can mash up a small amount of food and measure how many calories are in that. So you could find out how many in say a gram of uncooked chicken breast vs cooked for yourself.

If we could metabolize thermal energy africans wouldn't be starving.

This thread is gold, full of retards with "unique" "understanding" of physics.

OP, bro, just eat your pasta straight outta the box and let gastric acid do the magic

Fuck kekd

>If something is warmer it has more heat/energy/calories right?

Heat is the result of calories being used as energy, not the other way around

>look mang your body only absorbs carbs, protein and fat for caloric energy

look mang your body only absorbs carbs, protein and fat for caloric energy

thats not true.

first body uses 75% of energy it gets to keep it warm, 25% for muscle motion etc.

now the 25% portion won't be absorbed from the sun, but 75% will. ever notice how you are not as hungry in heat? that's cause your body uses a lot of thermal energy for that 75%, meaning whatever you ate will be used to heat your body in smaller amount, and rest going to muscle function.

then why am i fat in winter

checkmate jesus

But if the food is frozen the molecules are all close together to keep warm and all that effort expends a lot of energy and therefore calories.

man am i happy is stayed up late on a sunday to see this thread

just as heat suppresses appetite, cold arouses it.

ever notice how in the summer you get into a room with a blasting ac and get all hungry pretty soon?

same goes for winter, you feel cold, you eat more, and you are just overeating.

but if most of my energy is from the sun then without sun i should need more food calories cause now my body is lacking in it's major energy source

and yet fat, thus excess calories

i also am not hungry any more in cold or heat yet i am more tired from heat so why if it's giving me energy

where's your sun god now?

Cooking something wouldn't increase the calories. If anything it might slightly decrease the calories but not outright. Different types of food have a thermic effect. You can eat 100g of carbs and 100 grams of protein. They both have the same amount of calories, but your body must do more in order to utilize the protein. Roughly 30% of the calories from the protein go into making that protein usable by your body.

It might be reasonable to assume by cooking a whole grain type of food, that process makes it more readily available to your body. Decreasing its thermal effect therefore decreasing its calories though the calories technically haven't been reduced.

We convert UV radiation (a form of energy with a thermal component) into vitamin D, so clearly you're wrong. Go back to Africa, Mambutu

>i also am not hungry any more in cold or heat yet i am more tired from heat so why if it's giving me energy

dehydration and if you actually stay outside - harmful effects of gamma rays on the skin

>but if most of my energy is from the sun then without sun i should need more food calories cause now my body is lacking in it's major energy source

you do need more energy, just not nearly as much as you are consuming, hence you get fat. My other guess, since you keep mentioning your obesity, is that you get lazy to move around in the winter.

>Not boiling the calories out of your food

Dry pasta is good for u. Love the cronch

All memes aside and idiocy aside for anyone genuinely interested, dont eat uncooked foods for more calories/nutrients. Unless it's a veggie which is usually better raw.
But otherwise;
Was being real.

unless you burn it, thus releasing the energy stored in chemical bonds

Cooking pasta just adds water... wtf. Toasting bread just gets rid of water... Melting ice cream just changes what state of matter its in...

How can you be so stupid my dude?

>ITT: all these people falling for bait

The obvious answer is to only get powdered macros and consume only with ionized filtered water you stupid dumbshits. Activated Almonds are ok too, in sparse quantities.

They're different states of heat though, which means they have more energy? It's a serious question

Cooking food = easier for the body to process = more calories

Does electricity have calories? Go stick your tongue in a socket while wearing a fitbit to find out

>american education

Hahahaha I remember this post :P

In a way, yes.

Cooking something aoftens up the cellular walls and breaks down hard to digest stuff, which in turn allows you to absorb more nutrition.

Theres a reason raw food faggots eat enough yet still lose weight.

Cooking allowed us to get enough calories to make our brains grow and let us get to where we are today, look it up.

That's why I just eat fire when i'm bulking and ice cubes when i'm cutting

Have YOU ever weighed it you fuckin idiot?

>have two, wet chicken breasts
>freeze one
>it becomes heavier than the other one

Veeky Forums should stick to meming gym routines and crying about muh genetics.

But your body needs to warm food before processing it.
Eating cold stuff reduces core body temperature, which means energy has to be expanded to raise it again.

If you eat the same stuff, but colder, you will lose weight compared to eating it hot.

by the logic that my body can't absorb as much calories from raw than cooked food I might as well eat bark since I can't absorb that shit either

>does cooking things put more calories into it?
Yes.
1 kg of coal contains approximately 7,000 kcal, all heat you use to warm your food has at some point came from melted coal, of course for you to add on an extra 7,000 kcal you would have to fully cook (not really possible) 1 kg of chicken.

If we use the Kelvin temperature (180 degrees celsius = 273.15 + 180 = 453.15) multiplied by the mass of the food in kg (500 g chicken = 0.5 kg) we get 453.15 x 0.5 = 226.575 kcal added from cooking the chicken.

Obviously some heat is lost because it is not a perfect conversion but it is somewhere around here.

If you eat something frozen your body has to spend more calories heating itself back up.

Your body can utilize thermal energy the same way as food. Otherwise you could go into a sauna everytime you felt hungry.

This is sort of correct, you're missing a crucial part.

A lot of food if eaten in whole pieces will not be completely digested (more often meat), before it begins to pass.
Cooking foods does weaken the cellular structure and often it rips apart the food much in the same way cooking a hotdog will have it burst.

When the broken down food hits the stomach it allows for more acids to gain entry into those tiny tears breaking it down faster and more completely (a river can tear down a mountain analogy).

It effectively makes a smoothie of food in your stomach that hits the colons and is more easily absorbed.

>this thread