antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression

Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs

www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>FAQ

>is my routine good?
if it has no progression, you are just doing cardio and maintaining

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BQ_52PHl57g/?taken-by=fedora_boi
gmb.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

as requested, posting Foundation 1-4 + Handstand 1-2 for those who can't p2p

good man

Should have commented on the thing, doh.
Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility between reps

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

im doing pushups, dips, and pullups right now.

what is the best way to mix in backrows and squats ?

does anyone mix in barbell squats and deadlifts with their otherwise bodyweight routine

You dont. Just throw out the shit and keep everything thats good. Basically throw out the bodyweight exercises and keep squats and deadlifts.

no point in doing push ups and dips

I mix rows with HBP progression and curls with FL
You can do squats instead of bw squats and dl instead of rows, but I prefer rows over dl

you are looking for

How does it look, boys?
instagram.com/p/BQ_52PHl57g/?taken-by=fedora_boi

So I'm looking into starting calisthenics in a few month. I want to first meet a few goals on my barbell lifts before I move to calisthenics. I have a few beginner questions.

1. Concerning programming, routines are meant to be ran as a circuit. This means "do exercise x, then y, then z, repeat this n times" not as "do x number of sets, then go onto the next exercise". Is this correct?

2. I understand the main goal is to move onto the more difficult movement, however I would also like to use calisthenics to continue to build strength. Would it be reasonable to add weight to some of the easier movements (basic push ups, dips, pull ups), on some days while on other days I focus on executing the difficult movements?

3. Referring somewhat back to number 2, can I more or less neglect calisthenics squats and continue to do barbell squats and deadlifts? I still plan on doing the calisthenic squats for the sake of mobility, but I also want to maintain my leg strength.

I've been looking at Reddit's introduciton to calisthenics routine. Should I start with this routine? Is there any calisthenics equivalent to the Starting Strength routine?

Thank you for your help!

Thanks that clears everything up for me
I had that book downloaded but my low IQ lazyness made me skim through everything not really understand it and just drop the damn book lol

>1. Concerning programming, routines are meant to be ran as a circuit. This means "do exercise x, then y, then z, repeat this n times" not as "do x number of sets, then go onto the next exercise". Is this correct?
No its not correct. Thats called circuit training and its not exclusive to calisthenics.
>2. I understand the main goal is to move onto the more difficult movement, however I would also like to use calisthenics to continue to build strength. Would it be reasonable to add weight to some of the easier movements (basic push ups, dips, pull ups), on some days while on other days I focus on executing the difficult movements?
You get stronger by moving on to more difficult movements but you can still add weight to basic moves like you mentioned. I personally do a combination of both.
>3. Referring somewhat back to number 2, can I more or less neglect calisthenics squats and continue to do barbell squats and deadlifts? I still plan on doing the calisthenic squats for the sake of mobility, but I also want to maintain my leg strength.
Yes of course you can.

Also, just to clarify, I'm not training purely for aesthetics, strength or skill. I really just want a mix of all three, if that is possible. Is it too much to ask for a little of each or should I really just pour all my focus into one?

Strength, skill and aesthetics usually have a lot of overlap so no its not too much to ask for.

no
yes
yes

Concerning circuit training, is this a proper approach to calisthenics? It seems like it would be a good substitute for cardio, however, I can see it leaving me more fatigued for the next exercise. Is it best to stay away from circuit training?

Best to stay away. Its good with basic exercises for cardio but in terms of skills, strength and aesthetics its bad.

Thanks for the help. Here is a qt.

Any recommended beginners routine for calisthenics? I already can do plenty of pull ups, pushups and dips, so I don't want to start at square 1.

just look around this thread im sure youll find something
personally i always do my own thing because i think i know whats best for me

I ain't clicking that shit

Like I said numerous times, it's not a 'book' per-se, it's just info from website.

1. what others said, if you do x then y then z, your muscles from X have been resting for too long, there's whole articles about rest times, which shouldn't exceed 5mins, if you do one circle in less than that, sure you can do that

2. Main goal is for you to decide what is your end game, from BW all I want is FL, SPL and HBP, as a skill. There are some points though: if you don't care about skill work, for biceps, close grip pull ups mastery, then add weight, for triceps, parallel dips mastery then add weights, sure you could skip weights and work for one arm pull up/dip but that will take you a lot of time

3. Like I said in #2, you can pretty much pick and choose which movements to do from BW and what to do with weights

that's what I'm doing as well, it's a longer road than just focus on one point, though

Foundation is the one I do, it has progression both rep wise and skill wise, some movements are detrimental strenght wise.
You do mastery test to determine where to start on foundation, though it's recommended to do skill work for the same level, for example even if you can do level 6 of SPL but only level 4 for HBP, you should do level 4 for both, you can also skip some weeks of progression, but mobility is important

Is there a good exercise that hits the hamstrings?

bodyweight is not ideal for isolations, only movement is superman holds or leg kickbacks, recommendation is to add weight, though

>I ain't clicking that shit
: (
Glute and ham raise is very good. I suggest you start with negatives because its very challenging.

You can develop very strong hamstrings with what i mentioned here

My knees hurt just looking at it

nordic curls

I do them on a soft surface so its alright for me.

Anyone know a good way to do rows?
Currently I have a door pull up bar and waist high portable parellel bars. I currently use the parellel bars but I do not fit under the bar if it is in line with my shoulders. So I use both of them with my palms towards me and this is wrong I think. Looking for a cheap alternative

If I'm reading this correctly, you don't fit in a door frame?

Nah, under my parellel bars. I can't do my rows off the door pull up bar for obvious reasons

doing them neutral grip is fine
if anything it hits a bit more bicep

Why do you think thats wrong?

You mean like inverted rows? Where your feet are on the ground or on a stool? You can't do those?

I don't see the reasons, unless you can't have doors open

Can you strain your neck doing bridges? Only just managed them and now my upper traps feel really tight

Yes thats what i use fir neck training. I do both front and back bridge.

What are the most essential bodyweight exercises that get neglected by doing barbell training?

I want to eventually be decent at bodycontrol, about to hit my strength goals in the gym soon.

Depends on your weight training, compounds tend to hit most of the stabilizing mucles that you use in bodyweight, provided you use correct form.

So I'm not going easy on other muscles doing it this way?
I'm not up to off the ground progressions yet but hopefully very soon.

Dips and pullups/chinups, for starters. But most lifters already do these, weighted or not.

L-sits are a nice one. I very much doubt you'll be able to just do these without practicing, even if you can lift massive amounts of weight.

you can always use your pbar for lifting legs off the ground, or a chair or anything else, desu

I'm doing rows not levers

important

"lee-ver" or "leh-ver"

>thinking
>what did he mean by this?
are you trolling or retarded?

>Hang from pull up bar, face up
>legs on support like your Pbar
>row
>???
>profitt

are you not a native english speaker?
lever = leh-ver
for lee-ver the grammar would be 'leaver'

It's regional, lee-ver for ausfag here

The difference between levers and rows are if you're feet are supported. How to support my feet if I am at the top of a doorway

newbie here,
where can I find the GST wrist stretches in the handstandOne pdf? They all look the same in the pdf?

handstand one is pretty much nothing but wrist work, afaik

buy rings and attach to bar, or just use rope to lower your highest point
it's like, basic logic, senpai

I feel really dizzy whenever I try handstands, any advice?

Control breathing more, you have to make a conscious effort to breathe in that position. A bit of lightheadedness is going to happen but as you practice holding it longer you'll get used to it

do you get dizzy with elevated pike push ups?

yeah, its only wrist work. Before it you have to do 4 stretches as a warm up kind of. But the pictures look all the same and they are called wrist stretch 1,2,3 and 4 so I cant google them, I guess I'll do just random stretches

you have PDF and you think they are the same? are you blind?
>wrist 1
palms down
>wrist 2
palms up
>wrist 3
same as 1 but you lean forward instead of backward
>wrist 4
same as 1 but you stand with your hands further infront and wider than hips, lean backward

>wrist 4
>same as 1 but you stand with your hands further infront and wider than hips, lean backward

ment to say
>you start
not you stand

fuck, even more on #4:
>wrist 4
>same as 1 but you start with your hands further infront, wrist outward and wider than hips, lean backward

Well now that you said it, I am starting to see it. Lol im dumb.

Are tendon problems common when doing "grease the groove" and other high frequency methods? Whenever I do it my elbows or shoulders start hating me after a while and I have to stop for a few days or a week.

no idea what methods you are talking about

confirmed for lee sin main

Thanks anons.

Anyone completed or attempted any of these GMB programs:

1. Parallettes 1
2. Focused Flexibility 1
3. Rings 1

Any advice?

No, just with handstands

should you ever do chinups over pullups
i think my bis are lagging

Some people say that diamond pushups, compared to regular pushups, work your triceps a bit more and your chest a bit less.
Others say they work both your triceps and chest more and are therefore just objectively better than regular pushups.

Which is it?

meh, if I had a bar I would do close grip pull ups, and then add weight

never heard of it

they can't work 'both' more than regular push ups, you are distributing the same weight as in regular push ups

gmb.io/

They work up to a "flow" of movements.

3 month focus on one activity with warm up and cool down plus a leg program, a pull up program and a yoga routine

don't link shill sites, link routine

Is it bodyweight exercise if you use a chain to hang weights off yourself while doing pullups/chins/dips?

every exercise is a bodyweight exercise, because you move your body with weight

So I follow the progression tables of Foundation, but have been stuck at week 5 of standard pull ups for week and a half now. Do I keep going at it until I get it? Do I do a deload week? The series doesn't specify what to do if you can't "progress in time" with the tables

Because you can progress, haven't been stuck on anything yet, but I'm on level 3 only

are you saying you can do 3 set but not 4? just rest after 3rd for 5mins

the whole point of g2g is the low intensity, so it shouldn't be a problem

So I ditched the iron and started Building the Gymnast Body progressions today. It's very tough, but, I think, more fun; which is great!

Q:

Should I try to work on EVERY FSP? I'm working on 6 FSPs and it seems like a lot of time given that I am trying to get in 60s of hold per FSP.

Say my average max hold is 12s, this makes for 10 sets of 6 seconds with 1 min rest between each set for a single FSP. For 6 FSPs that means a minimum of 70mins of FSP work before I even get to the strength exercises. Is this right? I don't mind putting in up to 2 hours a day, but if I don't have to, I'd rather not.

Hey /BWG/, could i train chest only with push-ups? I used to go to a park to do dips too, but due to college all i have been doing are diferent styles of weighted push-ups. If im doing the correct variations, can i work chest properly?

This is probably a dumb question, but a bodyweight routine won't do anything if I'm currently eating at 1200 calories to lose weight, right? I need a surplus to gain muscle?

First of all, why are you eating 1200 cals? im 1.74m and when i weighted 80 kilos i did a cut with 1800-2000 cals, training 3 days a week. im at 69 kilos atm. Second, imo you can build mucle with low calorie intake, but it depends on the amount of protein you eat. Tho most people agree that you do need to be on a surplus.

If those 1200 cals are pure protein maybe. You'll lose weight faster at least.

Losing weight. Down 50 pounds in 4 months already, but I can switch to maintenance if it means faster progress on gaining muscles.

I'll just add more protein and see what happens, I think.

Bump

what is FSP?

archer push ups, or any push up variation where you flex your chest to bring upper back above shoulder height

this is not related to bw alone, but how the muscles work, if you break the muscle fibres, body will try to repair on what resources it has, so yes, add more protein

thanks, senpai

No, no, I meant that I worked up to the week when you have to do 4x6, but I can't manage to get the last rep. Been at it work week and a half, and still can't get the last damn rep.

My question was whether I should keep at it even if it takes me 3 weeks more, or whether at some point I have to do a deload week or maybe go back to the previous level (4x4)

are you failing on last rep of first set?

No, usually last rep of last set. And some days I'm more tired, haven't warmed up properly or what have you, I may fail last rep of the 3rd set as well

then like I said, take 5min rest after set

Tfw fell for the planche progression meme
Tried planche leans and planche plean reps yesterday instead. Got a really good workout for delts and didnt fuck around holding some dumb position fir x seconds.

the only meme you fell for was to drop out of high school

He types this as he is stalling on tucked planche

Constructionfag here.
Can you guys spoonfeed me for the moment?

What can i do to increase my overall strength and strengthen my back?

I have a ton of time to workout on the job every night.

I will be writing notes and logging everything as i read more.

deadlifts

pullups, inverted rows
scapula pullups, scapula pushups

core work-plank variations, hollowbody hold, superman hold

Ugh, haven't stalled on anything yet, I'm on level 3 in SPL atm

>Constructionfag here.
Isn't your job already intense strength wise?

Whats level 3?

plank

Not sure if i can do deadlifts at work, i might be able to bundle up some angle iron.
Pullups are tough too cause theres no real doorways since the building is only 3/4s of the way done.

Eh not all the time.
You build up good forearms and legs overall but youd never get buff.
I can walk around with 160lbs worth of dry cement mix on my shoulders if thats any indication to my current strength.

Dont worry big guy once you start training planche youll realize the importance of planche lean

Sweet, thanks for the suggestion, user.
I usually rest between 1-3 minutes between sets, depending on my level of exhaustion. I know it's not much and most people do 3-5 minutes, but I do it this way in order to train endurance and stamina as well.

>being this illeterate
not sure if trolling user, told you I'm on level 3 in SPL progression, already doing pseudo planche push up for FL progression

I'm not sure how you plan to work out while working?

Also, even with 5min rests, for higher end of reps in mastery progression, if I don't get some carbs before work out, I will fail last set

All I read was "plank"

"Working" right now consists of walking up and down stairs between 7 different floors and making sure nothings on fire or flooded.
Im here for 12 hours a night unsupervised.

that's why you follow the conversation if you are butting in, it's level 3 in straddle planche progression

Hm, for back you can do superman holds as well as side lever progression up to a point where you need equipment, for overall strength you can do a number of things, but if you have no way to do a pull up, your biceps will lag behind, unless you use something for curling, like that cement mix

Currently im trying to do:
Squats
Sit-ups
Pushups

I could curl with 5 gallon buckets, tons of those around here, some full some empty.
I could try doing farmer walks and shrugs with the buckets too.

>trying
can you not do them?
also, don't do sit ups, far better things for core, like Manna and FL progression

you have to make sure buckets are consistant in weight