Tfw too strong to do calculus

>tfw too strong to do calculus
What are the deadlifts of the mind?

Learning Mathematical and Philosophical logic. Reading great literature. Experiencing new things.

THAT FTW WHEN YOU'RE ARE STEWPID ENOUFF TWO LEFT

Browsing Veeky Forums.

Calculus is fucking awesome though

>I unironically have problems doing pl8math.
>I have been in nightschool for the last year and I finally reached algebra and high school english.
>Im 23, how much longer before I can be called smart?

She was actually kinda cute.

You never were user. It's ok I just cheated my way through High School in reality I can only do 7th grade math.

I've sucked at math my entire life, The only smart person subject I've ever been good in is science, other than that all other subjects don't really matter and takes and IQ of around 50 to be good at. Like fucking psychology, or god forbid sociology. I always wanted to be a tall, blond, stoic scientist like you always see in those WW2 flicks, but you have to be good at math to be a scientist. I've come to accept that being a semi-intelligent meathead who wastes his potential as a factory worker will be all my future has in store for me.

Applied Math here, failed Calc 1 in high school, got an A in it in college.

Just practice every day with some problems just like you lift every day. Only you can pass this, I hope your first test wasn't too bad buddy.

just practise man
i know pretty dumb people who got their degree in engineering. getting a bsc is all about understand things like a kid then applying some technical stuff. internet is full with useful videos, guides and books

>What are the deadlifts of the mind?
Integrals.
>tfw stuck at 2pl8 integral

>i know pretty dumb people who got their degree in engineering

You act like that's surprising.

t. Veeky Forums

Dont lose hope, you dolt.

Your ability to do math is more a matter of your interest in it and your will power, if you actively tried to LEARN math, as in sat down every day and practiced to a decent standard, you would become good at it, in fact after a few months you'd probably be better at math than 98% of the population because fucking no one dedicates time to it.

I dropped out of highschool in year ten to make coffee and lift weights, I was always deeply insecure about my intelligence as a result, as I was surrounded by very academic friends.

So what did I do? Every night I went home and I read articles and watched khan academy and used fucking elevate and the little digital flash card app to memorize my time tables.

I'm 23 now and I just finished David Griffiths introduction to quantum mechanics. It tooks me about two years to go from being unable to head calculate percentages to being able to calculate the geometric change of an infinite square well. Your only limit is the amount of time you're willing to put in friend :)

What is the indefinite integral of e^2/3x ?

How are people bad at math? It's literally just working out rules over and over again. Why do you think any asian and eurasian half-brain can do math so well? Truly understanding mathematical concepts is another ball game though.

>integral of e^2/3x

3/2e^2/3x + c

Is it possible to pass 10 exams in one semester?

I will use all of my free time including weekends to learn.
I want to believe it's possible. Literally everyone starts learning a week before the exams.
I think I can do it when I start that early and just try hard.

But will my brain be able to maintain so much information?

>But will my brain be able to maintain so much information?

What exams? Is there overlap?

Not him, but thanks for this

Three of them are highly theoretic about economics bullshit.
And then some are understanding + theory mixed.

They overlap to some extent but not too much.

sucks man

just embrace the meathead life

this, plenty of total retards who can grind their way through an engineering major while understanding none of it, then end up being useless

t. aerospace engineer
sounds nice, not really true

your dropping out of high school due to other circumstances doesn't speak to your intelligence, it's not like you couldn't grasp concepts and had to drop out

if you have below average intelligence you are going to have a hell of a time learning higher math

in american universities you take more than that a semester, usually 3-4 a class multiplied by 5-6 classes

as i understand some eurofag countries have 1-2 big ones a semester

With exceptions (downs et al), I believe anyone can learn anything with the right attitude and enough time investment.

Sure some people have easier times with some things, and times to learn will vary, but I think with passion for a subject even a dolt can get it eventually

this

engineers on the internet just like to act fucking smart because for many of them, its the only thing they have. its fucking annoying desu, im an engineer but i dont see half as many people bitching in other fields.

you're right

i just think sometimes it doesn't make sense to invest the effort if you are naturally disadvantaged towards something

i saw a lot of people in undergrad struggle with things every single step of the way and put in inordinate hours just to be decent, i can't help but think maybe they should have done something else they had some aptitude for

but i guess if you want to learn something just because it's something you want, go for it, MITOpenCourseware is godtier

Same reason people on Veeky Forums are annoying. Only think they have is lifting.

Around 5-6 tests are normal here, they are all rather big tests.

this is my favourite board though. pretty honest but without too much autism. but nothing beats engineers when it comes to acting obnoxious as fuck

i talked to some guy from belgium and 1-2 per class is the norm there

sounds like shit to me, i'd rather have more chances to demonstrate i know something

>What are the deadlifts of the mind?
Read about something you find interesting, then try to understand that thing as well as possible (genetics, history, the human body, space, etc) in relation to a certain area. Repeat when you find something else.

Thank you for this