Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3vRTXMjeHnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oMHv8bMyzgI
youtu.be/mVBg7Z9ERhk?t=2m58s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzicK-UDJd0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aesthetics = roids

if that guy cut his fat, he would look aesthetic as fuck. You literally can not get that strong without adequate lean mass.

>what is bulking

more or less true. especially if you plan on using your good looking body to strip naked in front of a web cam in the room you grew up in with your parents downstairs.

Yeah, but you and I both know he won't fat people have no self control

nuckols is a proper beast

youtube.com/watch?v=3vRTXMjeHnQ

youtube.com/watch?v=oMHv8bMyzgI

youtu.be/mVBg7Z9ERhk?t=2m58s

If he can squat that, I'll eat my shit.

bon apple tea

better get your bib on, that's greg nuckols

also his programs and advice on lifting in general is gold

He squats 755 raw. How would you like your shit served?

Would you like fries with that?

Thanks, raw shit and wtf? He looks like a bean bag...

idk about that

when someone has this much trap real estate you can deduce that they're savagely strong

Yeh. Looks exactly like the first picture.

He even admits it, but he's a world record holder and an incredible lifter

So what's the point? If I don't have a tow chain for key truck and it gets stuck in a ditch? I mean, you guys are nicer about me being wrong than I expected, but come on... Why?

post vid faggot

I surmise that once you are strong enough to do one handed vertical pushups, you have reached the "functional natty limit", and gains past this are either for vanity or addiction

people dont do powerlifting for function, they do it because they want to "feel" strong

people dont do bodybuilding for function, they do it because they want to "look" strong

most of the time they are fucked up mentally, which is why they turn out to be blobs of muscle/fat or blobs of muscle/spray-tan, but since they are JACKED DUDE LMAO nobody can call them out on it without being a "pussy-ass hater betamale weakling"

oh well

>one handed vertical pushups
there isn't a single person who can do this.

>What are expressions

Excuses used by lip wristed commies

if you want to be autistic i suppose you are correct, but there are thousands of videos from a cursory search for "one handed HANDSTAND pushups"

even then i would say that mobility and flexibility become more of an asset than pure strength after a certain point. i would say somebody who has mastered bodyweight exercises is a more athletic person than a guy who can do a 1,000lb deadlift, or similarly heavy bench/squat etc.

you can do both and get good results but it will take twice as long as someone who will focus on a single thing. take a look at clarence

They are equally useless. Yet probably both take equally as much skill and dedication.

It's cringy how you want to argue about the "purpose" and "function" of hobbies.
They have none other than entertaining the person persueing them.

How can you possibly be an adult and not know that?

Nah, you're right about that. It's just hard to think beyond my goals and why I would ever need to get strength like that.

the question, "So what's the point?" was posed you fucking disgusting faggot, maybe you should use your eyeballs for more than ogling cock

does exercising have a point? of course, even at a cursory level it's to improve your cardiovascular health and strength. you can argue it as a form of meditation, or for socio/political reasons in the route of fascism/traditionalism/etc. Is this function more than mere "entertainment" as you suggested? let's use our critical thinking skills for this one, bud

is there a "limit" of usefulness of a hobby? sure. we are discussing that that limit could be with weightlifting/exercising

if you are going to be retarded, do it with your gaggle of highschool buddies and stop shitting up this board, you autistic paintslurper, fuck you.

because they are passionate about it. same reason as why you want to progress towards free one hand handstand once you are able to do free handstand

Purpose and function ultimately is just that, right? You will he more likely to need to have the strength and mobility for a handstand than lifting a very balanced and specific amount of weight on your back. I'm notifying its useless or can't be extrapolated to other areas, but I think that it's unnecessary. Like martial arts.

Wow, this guy's like crazy mad...

there is no strength required for a handstand, just balance.

both are very niche and depend on your lifestyle. you could argue which one is more beneficial for overall health but you can't deny that lifting is far more sustainable as you get older compared to doing flips and other shit.

Okay, I get it... it's cool. He just keeps going.

crazy mad to kiss you hard right on the fucking mouth you little queer

I could deny it, as far as joint damage etc... But I hope to not have to. Not on this board. I respect weightlifting.

Hahaha ;)

Try writing that post in proper English and I might consider reading it.

I don't think anyone can make up proper statistical statements about the probability in which you need strength acquired from a handstand push up compared to that acquired in a back squat.

Discussing or even trying to compare the "functional" value of different lifting styles seriously is nothing but retarded and ego-boosting.

Most people would look 100% better cutting 20 lbs, dressing better, and getting a haircut. It isn't exclusive to powerlifters.

he looks cute in OP picture

I mean, you're probably right on that point. Shit. I know I'm not a doctor. I guess what I was trying to say was "which provides the kind of muscle and stability you need for day to day life? And which Is safer for your joints?" Didn't offense, pard.

>which provides the kind of muscle and stability you need for day to day life?
bodyweight training unless you do hard manual labour every day, unless you seek out a situation to deadlift 500lbs, you won't find an opportunity to use it in daily life

>And which Is safer for your joints?
bodyweight is 50% flexibility, though heavy barbell lifts will train stabilizers more, so that when you seek out a 500lb deadlift and do it with shit form you are less likely to harm yourself

bodyweight
>pro
cheap (free)
flexibile
applicable to daily life
>con
slower than barbell in terms of strengh/aesthetics
you will become a memer
people laugh at you when you crow-pose through the store while balancing fruit on your back

If you go by the third video in cute and humble innocent autist seems to be what hes going for. suddenly he looks 15 years older.

Sure, such question is actually a legitimate concern of people working that business - aka physiotherapist mainly.

But that is very specific to a person and its physical condition and deficits.
Some people have back issues because they injured it when they were younger, leading to improper movement pattern and thus specific muscular deficits.

Such person will be analyzed and then treated with exercises specific to his needs.

But that has nothing to do with discussing if body weight exercising is better than powerlifting.

>applicable to daily life
what kind of life do you guys live where you find being able to do handstands is useful? i have been doing it for over 5 years now and am now mastering manna and have yet to find it useful apart from being a bit more flexible than average person.

i also do weightlifting and have found it gave me better benefits but then again that is my personal opinion.

Haha well you're right about bw stuff. I've been on that train for about 8 years. Does take longer. It's good to see some of you guys looking at it though again. They should realize it's not the new magic pill though.

doing handstands in a vacuum isnt useful, but the flexibility, balance, and modicum of strength from being able to do the more advanced bodyweight exercises certainly is, along with a cardio routine, of course

when you are middle aged and onwards, your joints will realize why bodyweight exercises are better for lasting health. regularly blasting your knees with 500lb squats and deadlifts are bad for them, who would have known?

you'd be surprised at what kind of faces people make when they lift heavy. in all of his videos where he talks he's pretty humble and down to earth youtube.com/watch?v=ZzicK-UDJd0

Yup. No memes. Just experience there. But I also haven't blasted my knees with 500 pounds of weight regularly, so who fuckin knows?

Bodyweight exercises are just as bad for your joints.

Exercising itself is bad for your joints.

If you care so much about bein healthy then do your cardio and that's it.

it's the same way in bw exercises if you do advanced shit. almost every single bw exercise beyond novice/intermediate is pure hell for shoulders

cardio is terrible for joints kek. best to just do cycling or swimming or just sit in the chair and gain weight and never move.

>planks and yoga poses are just as bad as 3x bw raised deadlifts

really
makes
you
think

>barbell internet defence force has showed up
pack it up everybody, the show's over
barbells are the end-all be-all form of exercising, aristotle and plato used barbell to exercise, jesus lugged a barbell everywhere and deadlifted sins 3x8 5 times a week

Why do you say cardio is bad and then suggest to do cardio?
I never said how you do your cardio. There are enough ways.
People here were talking about one armed vertical push-ups all the time and now you describe it as yoga poses?

Really
Makes
You
Think

Yeah sorry, no one like the "MUH functional training" retards.

>implying one armed vertical push-ups arent healthy and functional

when your boyfriend is doing pullups, you can do a split leg one armed handstand below him and ride him from below to get cardio in whilst doing strength training

wh'o'se the dummy now, gayboy?

Framing the paradigm as having to be 500 vs 170 or whatever bw always annoys me. You don't have to do 85% just because you can, from what I can gather even in powerlifting training heavy accounts for only a small amount of volume anyway. Where are the guys out there between the extremes of bw memer and chronic knee and shoulder problem powerlifters, who just stayed natty and squatted 315 for 5 weekly for 40 years.

>blasting knees with weights is bad for them

If you have terrible form/fail lifts regularly sure. If aren't a complete retard then not so much. The whole "lifting heavy is bad for your joints" meme in general seems more like a way to pussy out of actually trying hard. Why not just do yoga if you're afraid of picking up dumbbells >20lbs?

Said nobody ever.

>if that guy cut his fat
yea, like 90% of it

well, he is fat but at the same time he looks absolutely DYEL. There are strong fat fucks but at least they have big traps, wide back or big arms. This guy is strong but he looks like shit.

>lifting heavy isnt bad for your knees and joints guys
>now excuse me while i put on my knee braces, knee wraps, weight belt, compression shirt, lifting shoes, tapout shirt, gym shorts,

really
makes
your
noodle
dance

>implying zyzz didn't die from this shit.
I can visit a sauna and not die.

Yup.

>not overloading knees and low back with heavy compound barbell lifts means you are afraid of weights

why is the #1 complaint of bodybuilders/powerlifters knee and low back pain? must be all the gains goblins poking them constantly, that's it

How I know you don't even lift

>knee brace

Who the fuck uses knee braces to squat. Come on you vegan yoga dancing pussy

He died from a congenital heart defect + roids + other misc. drugs, not lifting. Did you come here after reading like 2 Men's Health articles?

See Btfo

That's the number one complaint of people in general, bad posture + sitting + improper movement patterns due that to everyone over time. Ask any dude over 40 how his shoulders feel and regardless of if they lift they'll complain of some kind of pain too.

And that's what the coroner will say about you too... such a shame.

One poorly thought out observation does not equate to "BTFO" status friend.

but Veeky Forums just told me that if you have proper form your knees wont hurt, and now you're telling me that everybody complains about their knees hurting regardless? that's so odd, everybody must have knee surgery and ligament reattachment surgeries that plague bodybuilding, too!

This guy's 20 something and he's going to be weaker than a child in his 30's from injury

>why is the #1 complaint of bodybuilders/powerlifters knee and low back pain
Because it's the #1 complaint of all people over 40?

Unless you specifically train to avoid lower-back pain and knee pain, you will use up your joints around the time, where you enter the katabolic phase of your life.

>doing bodyweight exercises means you are a vegan yoga dancing pussy

i guarantee you that 100% of people are more impressed by advanced bodyweight exercises that you can do right there in front of them than they are a video on your phone of you halfsquatting 2.5pl8

That is the concern of any physically active human, including your super cool bodyweight lifters.

Are you really this stupid or are you just trying to annoy at this point?

It's because they don't try hard enough breh.

Oh, so you do fancy looking movements in order to impress other people?
Yeah, you are the man! Go show those insecure fat powerlifters how silly they are!!

bruh just get these gains injections for your knees, they will unlock your full squatting potential, then when you're ready you can get the fabled squat-joint replacement surgery to get bio-enhanced squat power

It's almost like you know you can't read, so you use a text to speech program on a few words and make up a jumbled argument based on the 3 you randomly chose.

Are you one of the guys who's never done anything with their lives yet cautions younger people to not over do anything so they turn out a sad loser like you?

no, i do fancy looking movements because i climb rocks and trees in the middle of a forest on a daily fucking basis for work whilst taking field recordings

i know that everybody at Walgreens is super impressed that you can pick up 2 crates of tampons at once, but you don't need to project your insecurity on me

Sure. And I will walk over to anyone who's impressed. Have fun with your creaky bitch knees.

do you have autism?
not being mean i'm actually concerned for you

Cortical steroids are part of human evolution breh

aluminum is a natural compound bruh thats why i have so many pins, the strength of the earth flows through me

If you can squat/bench/deadlift high numbers there's a good chance you have some good stability to do some of the more impressive BW stuff. I tried handstand pushes only once in my life and was able to do 3 on my first try for example. Things like dragon flags and planche push-ups take time to develop but it'll be easier for someone who's already strong.

why are you arguing when you know that it depends on life style and what you do?

Nah. One of them guys who can walk without a gimp in their 30's.

Oh man autism, hoo boy thats a good one, hey guys that dude got BTFO'd haha screen cap and put it on facebook so my friends can see haha pepe amirite

And now you come on here and want to tell others that they should lift just like you because it is the best way and so much better?
You probably forgot considering that not everyone plays being a retarded ape as their job.

Yeah, go walk over to them and tell them a little about how much dedication and work you put into that handstand. Everyone likes these people!

Stop being equanimous. We're having a row.

not trying to deny that there is obviously a lot of crossover from bodyweight and barbell training, but the majority of people who do barbell exercises have absolute dogshit mobility and flexibility

have a bodybuilder try to do a simple crow stand and they will fall flat on their face

See that's the thing, that's not an accomplishment and heavy lifting won't stop you from doing that. In fact many studies show that strength training early in life correlates to better mobility later in life (>60's and up). Increases bone mineral density and collagen structure so you AVOID injuries easier.

no, i come on here because people are spouting off bullshit like it's gospel

>tfw environmental management and protection for national parks is a retarded ape job
feels ook-eek man

When I get this strong will I always have to have 5 guys to help me squatting?

Nah, I'll just do one. Bitches love it. But I'm sure your bulking gut is just as impressive.
>h-hey. I can lift 4 plates.

1 for each extra nut you grow when squatting heavy

Also true. Lunky clunky motherfuckers think that they're strong, but just clumsy and embarrassing most of the time. Too embarrassed to admit they've wasted their life on useless artificial training.

>tfw no squat tumors

You realize that your side started the argument about how "this way of lifting is soooo much better oh my god, let me tell you about it!!"?

You come on a fitness forum to tell people that the way they lift weights is inferior to they way that you do it, based on personal situation, assumptions, pseudo science and the idea of "functional strength".

I hate to say it but I think I know very well why you ended up climbing around trees as your job.

Seems like I need to start making some friends at gym then.

Not the kind you're doing... the kind they were doing 50 years ago to get this info, gimp.