War Ghosts

So do places like The Somme, Argonne, Normandy, etc, have spooky stories told about them? Like, I assume the sheer amount of dead bodies has gotta raise some superstition in and of itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9KZL77eOec
youtube.com/watch?v=FHWmxCoTV3Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not OP but bumpin'

>The Somme, Argonne, Normandy

Poor choice
Now Verdun and Stalingrad....
In Verdun, visitors regularly find bones and shells unearthed by the rain

I gotta think the Ardennes is haunted, if Gettysburg is from less than a year of battle than surely 2 world wars would produce some spooky shit in the forest

I mean a few days I forgot how short it was

>believing in ghosts

I'm just thinking, somewhere like the Argonne, where millions died over the course of a few decades.

That's gotta start some stories, yeah?

Verdun's battlefield is spooky af

youtube.com/watch?v=k9KZL77eOec

That forest they've grown over the ruins and shell holes really adds to the creepiness

It anything shouldn't ground zero, Nice, and Munich have ghosts from the recent attacks?

Billions died, and for what? For nothing!

The fact such things don't seem to exist at the very least suggests that the model of ghosts being formed by "strong emotion at the time of death" is false. If anyone has a reason to linger, its the shade of a young man who dies in terror on a battlefield hundreds of miles from home, so the fact these sites aren't notorious ghost hot-spots means something.

Or the whole city of Nagasaki.

I read a story once by a prisoner in a Russian gulag. He had been living in New York for 60 years after escaping the uranium mine. But he had to pay a price, his right arm... he chopped it off to escape his shackles and then survived the journey from Siberia to Kamchatka. But enemy after all those years, good times, the fall of the Soviet Union, his life in America. He was always haunted by his phantom limb, perpetually wrapped around HIS PICKAX FROM THE URANIUM GULAG

WHY ARE STILL HERE? JUST TO SUFFER?

Damn

>the fact these sites aren't notorious ghost hot-spots means something.

I'm not autistic enough to sit here all night defending people who believe in ghosts, but I just wanna quickly mention that old battlefields are in fact ghost hot-spots.

You prob don't hear so much about it because they're quite far from anywhere people regularly visit and they're quite large, and a lot of WW1 battlefields are forbidden for public to enter.

This place sure is spooky
Crazy to think that it used to be a muddy battlefield where billions died

I've went to both Perryville national park and Shiloh national park for reenacting (At Perryville i slept right where the confederate lines were) and i have to say those places had a different... Feel to them ya know? Its hard to explain, but i felt like i could feel the energy of the soldiers that fought there.

never heard anything personally but ya prolly....entire generations ceased to exist out in those fields and woods

Some people break down completely and for no reason when visiting really old places in Jerusalem and the likes. It might be just the shock of being in such an ancient place, but I like to think that the events that have taken place there have left some kind of physical mark over the eons.

We're still here.

>billions

youtube.com/watch?v=FHWmxCoTV3Y

>The eternal Thompson gunner
>Still wandering through the night
Now it's ten years later
>But he still keeps up the fight
>In Ireland, in Lebanon
>In Palestine and Berkeley
>Patty Hearst heard the burst
>Of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

so it's /k/ :the ghost,going around from battlefield to battlefield fighting forever

Some say that churches, temples, mosques, synagogues, battlefields, and other significant places were chosen in the first place due to the latent supernatural power in the area

As if humans unconsciously were drawn to them

The only ones I know about are the fake ass ghost videos from Gettysburg.

I stopped believing in ghosts when I turned 16 and realized ghost hunters was fake. Ghosts go against everything we know about physics and death.

Ghost research is 100% fake because there is 0 actual research done on the subject. Kind of unfair to bash the whole subject because of that.

The most convincing thing that finally made me a skeptic was when I stayed in a "haunted" hotel twice and nothing happened. Fuck those retards on tv that convinced my teenage self of pseudoscience all those years.

And for nothing ;_;

This

They don't, because they are recognized and known as important historical places. Only Americans generally talk about ghosts, bigfoot, UFO's and so on. This is because America has no basic mythology and history, so you have to invent it.