Quitting Alcohol advice

Dear Veeky Forums,

Alcoholic guy here. Drink every day, usually 6 beers to two points of Vodka. Sometimes I'll do both throughout an entire day.

Enormous excess calories can not be defeated by lifting weights or cardio. Feel like shit, want to die. Can't stop drinking. Want to stop drinking.

Have any of you quit before? What did you do?

For me the hard times are days before work. I'll get this enormous burst of anxiety and tension combined with a feeling of mourning. I started drinking heavy to kill that and so I could avoid having to think about going to work (I'm a cop in a shitty area so it's non-stop stress).

I know those are all excuses and wish I could just say "yeah fuck that drinkin bullshit, just lift and wheats senpai." and hopefully I can become that man.

What do Veeky Forums?

Thanks for your time.

pour out your alcohol and instead of having a drink dont have a drink you fucking pathetic idiot

realize that drinking is holding you back from your goals

So either go cold turdkey or replace one vice with another, pot, diet rootbeer, cigars, meditation, beef jerky, twinks, radishes, etc

>Can't stop drinking
The only way to stop yourself drinking it is to stop yourself from buying it. If you can't stop yourself from taking it off the shelf in the store then you aren't going to make it.

Start filling up on water and good food to the point where it is uncomfortable and you should have much less desire for alcohol.

I quit, last drink was Sept 17 2016.

It's about putting the bottle down and leaving it there, if you're an alcoholic like me. One drink is never okay for a guy like me, because even if that time everything is cool, eventually I will get back to where I was (blacking out constantly / real shit health).

It gets easier. Reddit may suck, but /r/stopdrinking helped get me started until I was out of the woods.

thank you guys

6 beers a day really doesn't make you an alcoholic. You are not physically dependent on the substance at all, so just fucking stop drinking and find a healthier way to deal with your stress.
t. guy who drank 3 liters of beer every day for years and then just quit

if you are at home go and pour all of your alcohol down the sink right now

No easy answers, did rehab myself at 20 years old. Kept drinking for many years after still but once I stopped long enough and hit the gym hard enough and felt the greatness that comes from it I managed to slowly cut it out. Now I don't ever want to get stuck back into that again, Booze ain't your friend.

This. I literally drank 200 ounces of beer last night. And I drank a liter of vodka two night before that. I wish I was lying, I have no idea how I'm not dead.

I sounded like a douche there, it's not a competition.

Stop earlier before your tolerance gets to my level and it wrecks your brain. My memory is abso-fucking-lute shit.

you can do it bro

Start hanging out with alcoholic losers and realize how shitty of a drug it is.

you quit it like any other habit. One day think what a waste of time/money frustration it is. Get into that pissed mental state then suddenly STOP. Then don't use it again for months. Don't make alchohol your "thing". Every dude that does has a feminine chubby body and has no chance in hell to be aesthetic

Start cutting it to Fridays after 8pm til Sunday before 8pm.

.... I can't stop freebasing radishes..
Don't go down that hole OP, I wish I had a drinking problem. You can't understand my pain.

>Drink every day, usually 6 beers to two points of Vodka
you're a disgusting human bean

You gotta go slow. Do 6 drinks a day for a week, then 5 drinks a day for a week, then 4 ...

If you fail at this then then only thing you can do is admit that you need help. I suggest talking to whoever you are closest to and asking them for their sincere and genuine advice.

Being addicted often takes a little help but I know you can do it senpai.

I feel you bro. You're definitely an alcoholic. and as one alcoholic to another I can identify with your plight, and I recognize you as an alcoholic not because the amounts but because you have a desire to stop but you can't.

The anxiety you feel before work is commonplace for alcoholics and it is the cause of much drinking. Feelings of boredom, anxiety, irritability and over all being discontent are experienced by all of us in the grip of drinking.

I have 14 months no drugs and no alcohol and I did it with AA's help. Look, AA is gay as fuck and it sucks, it really does, but if you go in open to suggestions and follow the program, you'll achieve sobriety and from there you can decide if it's something you want to continue.

When you do sober up the feelings that cause you to drink will be greatly magnified, and you'll need to learn how to deal with them, it get's worse before it gets better but it does get better.

If you do decide to go to meetings, because of your profession, I'd avoid them in areas that you work or live in. Maybe find out if there is another sober guy on the force and see what he's up to.

If you find another way to stop, great! but AA worked for me.

Benefits of not drinking
>SLEEP IS HEAVENLY
>I'm in much better shape
>I eat much better
>improved libido and performance
>more money
>more gains
and the most important I think is that I am now comfortable, happy and content in my own skin with out a drink. I've found inner peace.

Good luck bro, you got this.

It's because all the shit they tell you school about how much alcohol can kill you is bullshit. I've drank 10 shots and 40+ beers in a night. Your body can tolerate a lot more alcohol as an alcoholic than anyone who isn't one thinks.

Stupid little rules aren't going to do shit. If you're still drinking it's going to bleed back into the other portions of your life.

No. He needs to quit cold turkey. He's not at the drinking level yet where he will get dangerous withdrawals. Also if you go to a doctor OP do not take the benzodiazepines they give you. They are far far worse of drugs than alcohol could ever hope to be.

Go get help man. You can probably get free alcohol counseling through work. AA helps a lot of people but was worthless to me because I don't believe in God. Know there are more resources out there than just AA that aren't faith based if that's going to help more. Remove all the alcohol from your house. Never go into a store without a list and knowing exactly where you're going. If you just wander in you will end up next to the alcohol. As your wits start to come back write lists of all the positives you're experiencing and all the negatives you no longer do. Look at it when you need help resisting temptation. You can do it man. Remember the first 3 days are hell and it just gets easier after that.

6 beers a day isn't much
I think you can go cold turkey but what do I know

You know how to teach your GF how to deepthroat bull cock, that's worth something bro

>GF
I wish user

You better quit. Alcohol will destroy you.

It's a cliche, but if you feel like you're dependent on booze and need to cut it off, a day at a time is the only way to do it, in my opinion.

If you feel like drinking, tell yourself you'll do it tomorrow. Then when tomorrow comes and you feel like drinking, tell yourself the same thing again. The urge to drink is gonna pass whether you drink or not.

Also, try to replace something with something when you stop. Good luck with all that stuff, sounds like you're in a rough spot.