How proper clean

How proper clean?

My back does sorta wiggle, is this wrong? should back be vertical before catch? do I push butt out? plz help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ifSnVkymc-8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEx7N78iK8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WuSiyM-knI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_PKsKJvFQwQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GcesHEfI8-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i hope you're not cleaning like the clown in your pic.

>leaning forward
>knee valgus
>wrist hyperextension

that guy is gonna snap his shit up yesterday. so sad to see people destroy their bodies just for a momentary ego boost.

(also he's using fake plates in case you couldn't tell)

nah here is me cleaning

plz tell me how to then

you know, you don't have to dress up if you're in your own home gym, there's no one to impress. I mean, 1 plate ohp fail isnt really impressive but still.

its 70kg aka 175 (one hundred seventy five) lbs

and i dress up because its f***in' sexy

damn dog, 175lb fail, wowza!
I'm sure you do.

you might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

> I mean, 1 plate ohp fail isnt really impressive but still.
1pl8 OHP is pretty impressive though

>weight checks out
>form checks out

Looking good user keep it up

>Most Veeky Forums webm 2017
The glasses.
The jew hair.
The singlet in your own house.
The knee sleeves.

10/10 /ourguy/

why would you ever do a work out you don't even know how to do queer?

>The glasses.

thanks, my girlfriend (male) chose them for me

How else would he learn how to do it butt boy? If he's practicing with just the bar then he'll be fine

Not Op, but I'm having a fuckton of trouble getting any height of the bar at anything above 155lbs. I can clean 220, but it's only because I'm fast going ass to grass. It's pretty much my saving grace for cleans.

Thicc bump

Here's an amateur with really nice form. Copy him.

youtu.be/ifSnVkymc-8

Wew lad

Not even trying senpai

Let's see from the webm posted

1. You want to set up more upright almost like sumo

2. You're missing hip contact.

3. You muscle up the weight up more than your should, it's a lower body power movement not a deadlift plus a upright row.

Please tell me this is b8

Thats the whole point. You just need to get the bar high enough to pull yourself under. Much stronger to lift with your legs than pull with your arms

Do you always clean and jerk like this?
You elbows should should go up to the shoulder level leading the bar right to your collarbones, not to your chest.
Then you put your elbows down, just like in the video and jerk.

About the position in which you start, I think you should get your ass lower.
Browse youtube for proper form examples.

>girlfriend
>(male)

D E V I L I S H

This is the worst clean I have even seen before. I think this webm is supposed to be a joke.

Ok here are some drills op

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEx7N78iK8

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WuSiyM-knI

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_PKsKJvFQwQ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GcesHEfI8-Q

Some drills for you to try op

never respond to me again

I don't ever clean and jerk, I do intelligent movements like lowbar squat, sumo deadlift and max width grip, max arch bench press

this is the future, like it or leave it

I don't know who u think u r but this is my fucking TURf I outlift everyone here ere and I get Trev most sex and I am old er and cooler than u. I have seen hundreds of vaginas

you wanna go??

Yeah, but I'm still having trouble with the second pull getting enough force to get under it. Seriously there's like a 5 inch difference between how high I can clean 220 and 225lbs.

It just feels like I should be able to get a lot more force out of the second pull. Are there any good drills for training this?

Heavy clean pulls will get you stronger. Power cleans will force you to pull higher too. Power cleans from the hang position are ok too.

I'm a big fan of muscle cleans but not many people do them it seems.

So just keep training heavy it sounds like. Maybe I'll work in some more hang high pulls just to try and get the form a little more right.

Could also be mental... Going from a mix of plates to 2 plates is a big psychological barrier that's tough to push through sometimes. WL can be more finicky than regular strength training since the movements are technically difficult. So if your mind is preoccupied or if you think this set will be different, it can actually be different.

Also volume and frequency are important. If you only clean a few sets of triples once a week it's normal to be having difficulty.

Perfect dude, congrats!

I'm cleaning 2-3x a week. I usually work up to anything to 75% to 90% my max with sets being about 4-5 by 2-3 depending on weight. At the end of the work out I'll do some technique work of 4-5 by 3 at 155lbs. Or more if my form is really off that day.

Though I've recently cut back on the technique work.

I know what you mean about it being mental. Some days I'll pull 205 at the end of my workout just for fun with no problems, other days I'm struggling just to get 195 up at the beginning.

Has to be bait

great clean buddy keep it up

The way I learned was splitting different movements of the lift into ie;

Deadlift (Ground to Knee)
Power Shrug (Knee to diaphragm)
Upright row (Into rack position)
Front Squat (For stable catch platform)

You could also learn power cleans once you have confidence to drop into a full squat.

Power shrug is almost vital, it gives you the ques to drive through your feet, glutes and hamstrings.

WHY THE FUCK IS NO ONE ANSWERING OP???

Nice unit conversion you got there pal

cause no one here cleans (or lifts).

try to keep the angle of your back the same as when you start lifting it off the floor until youre about to hit the bar with your thighs also you begin to hit the bar with your thighs way too early into the lift

This.