Intermittent fasting

who here is doing it?

considering trying it myself...

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdfitness.com/blog/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everyone here is doing it
it works too good

make sure you have black coffee to kill hunger and whole foods to keep you feeling full

I just started it today... first time. Trying the 16/8.

I was considering it but Id have to just have a huge dinner, and wont it hurt gains to eat so much protein at once? I read somewhere your body can only make use of like 50g in an hour, though it might be broscience

I know time of meals doesn't impact calories in or out but I dont know if it impacts how protein is used

>though it might be broscience

it is

ree

I usually do it when I cut. Good stuff.

Does 16/8 mean from the point you go to sleep your next meal will be in 16 hours, and after that meal the next is in 8 (essentially dinner)?

It means I eat from 12pm to 8pm and from 8.01pm to 11.59am nothing

I do it, 6/18, pre-workout and dinner on training days, dinner only on resting days. At 1600-1800kcal a day, lost 9kg since January 1st (90kg to 81kg at 177cm height).

I agree, I do it because it works for me on the basis that I don't go crazy with hunger even with a huge calorie deficit and because I like eating huge portions of food.

my parents are doing it, they eat good on the fasting days but they eat pretty bad on the off days so it's not really working for them

I'm going down to 110lbs

Been doing it from 320lbs to 198lbs. It's what helped finally get me out of morbid obesity after a lifetime of failed diets.

I love IF cuz i can eat pizza and still cut

doing it on cuts, doesn't work for me personally on bulks, though. great stuff

I'm want to start a fasting cure for the next 40 days.

Gonna slowly transition into it cutting meat entirely and drinking lots of tea and water along with fruits and vegetables.
Then I want to go some days without solid food, and slowly start eating again.

I think it's the classic catholic method?

I'm really worried about losing muscle mass instead of fat though.
I hope lentils and beans once a week will suffice?

When doing IF, should you lift while fasted or after eating?

Ideally you want your largest, highest carb meal soon after lifting. Eating a smallish meal like

I never ate before lifting. Thats why I lift early in the morning with an empty stomach.

I feel weak and unconcentrated with something in my stomach

Don't do it if you care about your gastrointestinal system. First rule is never believe in internet meme diets

Tried it

Just ate more in the hours when I was allowed to eat than I did all day previously

Just made me more hungry and lift slightly less

Never again

I feel a lot better since doing it. Much better sleep and more energy during the day. I need to figure out how I can bulk while on it

> off days

nigga they are supposed to do IF daily

You wanna elaborate on that?

why you idiot

>thinspo pls go

I can't go hungry for my entire work day (I mean I probably could, but at some point it becomes torture and time slows down to a crawl).
I just do something between IF and and the warrior meme diet.
- no breakfast
- small lunch
- fruit or salad snack
- regular dinner (to satiety but not oversized)
- small pre-bed snack

I really need to get to counting my intake one of those days, but so far I'm losing weight so it's working.

you won't get enough protein by cutting meat and eating lentils once a week. you'll still lose plenty of fat, too, in addition to muscle

>internet meme diet

fasting has been done for thousands of years you idiot

I'll second the better sleep. I used to be a late eater so it was difficult at first to go to bed slightly hungry (I was doing a 6-hour feed between noon and 6 p.m.) but it was fine after about three days. The best part is it's much easier for me to wake up. Not sure the exact reason why

Depends on what you mean by "lift"

I've been doing it for three weeks, the first week is brutal, you lost a lot of fat.

I lost like 5 cm of belly the first week.
Then The second week you feel like shit, your muscles feel like liquid, you lost your gains, you become smaller.

Then the third week you plateau, and your body gets used to it, your muscles recover but you have lost your gains, now you don't feel hunger and feel better.

It's worth it only the first week.

I do IF when ever I need to lose weight, shit works wonders, especially if you throw in some light cardio while in a fasted state. My eating window is 12 pm - 8pm. I eat lunch then dinner after I get back from the gym.

it is something your body gets used to, you basically have to do it for a week+

what sort of fasting regiment were you on? you can eat a caloric surplus and make gains on IF. it's about feeding timing more than it is food content.

The first three days I did 23 hours fasting.

Right now I simply eat breakfast, lunch and drink one cup of milk at night.

The first days are brutal.

Yep I do it I lost loads of fat and made great face gains, I went from a 4 to a solid 7

nigga u went from a 2 to a 3

Great progress

I thought about doing that if I was on a severe cut (like 1,000kcal below maintenance.) I suppose you could still eat any amount of calories during a one hour window, but the chances of getting sick and blowing chunks is high.

For any of you guys who do moderate long distance hiking you should consider IF. It makes getting going in the morning much easier. A 16/8 is as far as I'd go with it, though. I broke my fast with after the first hour of hiking and had made it to camp and had dinner well within my window (I had a couple of small meal breaks on the trail.)

my recomendation is that you shouldn't forget to lift, because you will lost your gains the first week.

intermittent fasting isn't hard to do, is what I figured.

>You at in the evenig at say 9pm.
>You don't eat breakfast and go to lunch at 1pm.
>you already have 16 hours of not eating.

This is what I do since last week (so 9 days, including today). Since I go training in the evening. I'm not even lacking strengh or endurance.

It don't feel tired or hungry. Can't say much about losing weight right now, but I think it works.

yeah, i've never changed up a routine while fasting except i don't go for 1rm's

are you fucking kidding man...you are at least an 8

One of the ideas is to workout in a fasted state and then eat afterward to recover glycogen to your muscles. I guess you could could work out in the evening, eat first dinner, eat second dinner, go to bed. However, depending on what time you go to sleep and wake up it might not be enough time for you to go to bed without feeling full (which is uncomfortable for me.)

The great thing about IF is how simple and flexible it is. Highly adaptable to suit practically anyone's needs and schedule

Sane thing, was also super tired in the morning before lunch

I don't do it anymore but it did make me realize that I don't have to eat when hungry which helps after a dinner on late night weekends and such

Don't know how optimal this is but what I've been doping is half my work out in the morning while fasted, eat breakfast then do the other half later in the day

Squat, Bench, Rows, OHP, SLDL, Curls, Calf Raises

tried it for a few weeks and it leaned me down pretty good. Could it work to maintain me lean while I eat at a surplus for strength gains? All articles I could find sell IF like the end all be all solution to lifter woes. would I need to use BCAAs during the fasting hours?

Doing it to cut and it's working well for me.

Is there any point to doing it on a bulk, or is that just crazy talk?

I want to bulk on it but I have a hard time eating enough calories in the small amount of time I'm eating. I need to get my body used to eating every hour

>BCAAs
I remember reading something that if you lift while fasted and don't plan on eating afterward you should take them since it won't break your fast but will help with tissue repair. But if you'll be eating afterward you won't need to bother, although I don't suppose it would hurt.

I'm doing it. That along with a 40% calorie reduction and six days a week at the gym has brought me from 205lbs to 180lbs since January 15th.

I hear it can be a good way to stay lean while bulking. Haven't tried it myself though

Congrats homie. What's your routine?

i was thinking of giing it a go

what is it? just skip breakfast, eat one meal at 1, then another at 8, no eating inbetween?

set up an 8h eating window (like 11am-7pm, depending on your schedule) and that is the time of the day in which you are allowed to eat. all your calorie intake for the day have to come in during those eight hours; the rest has to be 0kcal drinks and such (coffee and water).

I don't know if this is supposed to be kept up every day of the week or just 5-6. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Black coffee has 5 calories

This is what I'm currently running. It's pretty light on leg work, but the reason I decided to cut is because I hurt myself squatting and couldn't maintain my weight or my old routine, so I'm avoiding serious squatting for a while

>Monday
Off

>Tuesday - Bench
Bench 5/3/1 w/ first rep last
Incline Bench 3x5
Lateral Raises 3x8
Dips 3x8
Face Pulls 3x8

>Wednesday - Deadlifts
Deadlift 5/3/1
Squats 3x5
Pull Ups 3xF
Dumbbell Rows 3x8

>Thursday - Accessory 1
Weighted Decline Sit-ups 3x8
Incline Curls 3x8
Side to side Leg Raises 3x8
Farmer's Walks 3xF

>Friday - OHP
OHP 5/3/1 w/ first rep last
Close Grip Bench 3x5
Lateral Raises 3x8
Dips 3x8
Face Pulls 3x8

>Saturday - More back stuff
Sumo Deadlift 3x5
Pull ups 3xF
Glute-ham raises 3x8
Dumbbell Rows 3x8

>Sunday - Accessory 2
Side to side weighted decline sit ups 3x8
Incline Curls 3x8
Weighted Leg Raises 3x8
Farmer's Walks 3xF

so i can eat multiple times in my 8hr window

Daily IF is doing a 16/8, 18/6, 20/4, 23/1, etc. Some people opt to eat normally and do a 24 or 48 hour fast once a week. And I've heard of a few people who combine them both.

Yes

Yes. You can eat as much or as little as you like to accommodate a cut or bulk.

I'm not a fan of this site but this is a helpful summary

nerdfitness.com/blog/a-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting/

Cirrus?

I swear by OP. I lost 55 lbs from February to august last year by doing it. i also did some simple body weight routines.

I would sleep for 6-8 hours then work for about 10. At work I'd only drink water and black coffee. When I was done work I'd do my routine then eat about 1800 calories worth of healthy food all at once.

It was insanely satiating getting to eat all that food. The worst part was the first two weeks getting over the hunger. But you get used to it and if you hydrate well during the day you won't even be hungry. I could've went 2 days without eating and not feel hungry if I wanted.

I don't think it helps you lose weight faster. But the benefit of IF is that you get to eat like a fat fuck once a day and be really satisfied with it.

Disclaimer.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

I fast every Saturday until after the gym.
I workout at 2 on saturdays, chest day.
Get home at about 4ish and start hitting macros. Stay low on cals and hit protein and fat. Just below on carbs.
I feel feel pretty good doing it.

sounds good. i fell into IF by accident. i've been doing it on and off for most my life. i would skip breakfast and lunch then start eating when i got home. part of it was i didn't want to spend my lunch money since i didn't get an allowance. the last few years i have been on a "normal" eating schedule but then i read about IF and realized i was fitter and healthier when i spent less time eating (which caused me to eat fewer calories.)

Your volume you dunce, I don't give a shit about what lifts you're doing.

You're probably a beginner doing some kind of meme routine so you're probably okay to train fasted. If you were doing something like Sheiko or RTS programming, I would NOT train fasted.

Yeah. I'm doing them 2x10 linearly.

3 days a week. All babbyweight beginner shit.

You'll (probably) be fine fasted. Just look at how you feel after about a week or so and adjust accordingly.

Thanks.

to be fair dude you won't too bad looking in the first pic with more weight on, but you look a ton healthier now, good work.

just did it for 8 weeks to recover from a dirty bulk
amazing results but I am glad to be having breakfast again

I only drink water and it works fine.