If you're fat, and have been since childhood, what's the point to trying to lower your bodyfat percent?

If you're fat, and have been since childhood, what's the point to trying to lower your bodyfat percent?

Your adipocyte count will remain the same throughout your life from adulthood onwards (Spalding et al, "Dynamics of fat cell turnover in humans", Nature, 2008), so you can only shrink your fat cells, they'll always be there, which means the leptin resistance from increased numbers of fat cells will always be present (Myers et al, "Obesity and Leptin Resistance: Distinguishing Cause from Effect", Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2010) so your appetite regulation will never be normal.

So basically you have a choice between feeling like shit eternally because every fibre of your being will be screaming at you to get the fat back you took away from your body, or looking like shit but feeling not awful. Why bother trying? Nobody has the willpower to keep it up forever and not lead a miserable life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WMdSHNnRbEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>TL;DR Many excuses of a fat lazy undisciplined fuck

Keep making excuses fuccboi.

I used to be fat and I've been maintaining abs for years since getting fit.

Its only hard for the first few months.

>Your adipocyte count will remain the same throughout your life from adulthood onwards
>so you can only shrink your fat cells, they'll always be there, which means the leptin resistance from increased numbers of fat cells will always be present

True

>so your appetite regulation will never be normal.
>So basically you have a choice between feeling like shit eternally because every fibre of your being will be screaming at you to get the fat back you took away from your body, or looking like shit but feeling not awful.

False.

>opinions of people who have either never been fat or got """fat""" as adults that are completely unsupported by peer reviewed research

How can it be true that you'll have permanent leptin resistance but false that your appetite regulation will never be normal?

>looking like shit but feeling not awful
>not awful
>not

Lemme guess you're one of those muh genetics types, aren't you?

I'm one of those peer reviewed research types

Call it bullshit if you like, I'd like to see it debunked, but please cite your sources

I was fat ever since childhood. 250lbs @5'10 at my heaviest during college. Would have been way heavier if I drank calories too but thankfully had a diet coke addiction instead of regular sodas.

I look like this now and have been leaner when I wanted to be. But I now maintain this bodyfat level year round without effort.

Or is 250lbs not fat these days?

you're one of those muh genetics types

No one who is fat feels good about it. Not one. But they'll lie on a survey to say they're fat and proud all day every day.

nice anecdote

>fat """""people"""""

>your body is ruined for a lifetime
>you will never have a thin waist
>you will never have truely aesthetic abs
>your face, will never be as thin, as the ones that do whatever you doing, you will be one step behind, no matter what you do.
>your skin never going to be as tight, and thin

Wrong guess faggot, I was really fat when I was young. Now im shredded and maintaining it.

Keep posting your excuses

>Or is 250lbs not fat these days?

Not in burgerland

>be me ex fatty
>lift for a year, pic related results
>stretch marks
>permafucked skin
>probably low test
>unsatiable appetite no matter what, doubt i'll ever see 8%

it's all absolutely true. but you know what? that's absolutely no excuse to get as shredded as possible OP you fat fuck. stop making excuses for yourself and STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR OTHERS LURKING THE DAMN BOARD

But you're going to get fat again eventually. You can't do this forever and you're only making yourself miserable in the interim by starving yourself. What's the point? Are you really happier?

>But you're going to get fat again eventually.

BREAKING NEWS: PEOPLE WHO EAT LIKE SHIT ARE GETTING FAT

REPEAT: PEOPLE WHO EAT LIKE SHIT ARE GETTING FAT!!!!

But you are going to die eventually. You cannot live forever and you're only making yourself miserable in interim by living. What's the point? Are you really happier?

Fucking this. It may be harder to be shredded but you really have no excuse. You just got to work harder.

Also, mirin arms.

>Are you really happier?
Absolutely my bro. Words cannot describe the mental state of someone who's been fat their entire life up until their late teens, becoming fit.

I could never begin to explain it.

Hey, if you want to pretend you're the same as a lean person and continue eating like you're normal, more power to you. But you have a lower bmr, leptin resistance, and a desire to eat like shit that will never go away, and that will catch up with you eventually.

you are repeating yourself

Go back to tumblr you fucking whale.
But be carful, not that you get a heart attack from moving your mouse to the url bar.

Just lift heavy and consume caffeine and sugar free metamucil.

I have a similar body type, but my damn belly fat is thicc. What was your secret? Mirin the Adonis

Whatever "manual" apetite regulation methods, ie tracking and counting calories, got you from fat to normal will keep you there. He's creating a false dichotomy, that you'll either suffer eternally because permanent feeling of starving or you'll be an obese fat fuck with no self discipline. That's obviously not true.

height?
height?

seriously fucking mirin, fuck this OP.

shave it off nucuck

5'11.5" Manlet

> "no one can ever make it"
> posts on a board filled with people making it through discipline

But those manual regulation methods are difficult because they're inappropriate, and they continue to be difficult? It's not like one day eating at a deficit suddenly becomes easy, that's only true for lean people. It's a true dichotomy in the most accurate sense of the phrase, there is no third way

I'm not even close to numale.

Fatties can't make it in the long run. They regain 100% of the weight plus interest in under 5 years.

>if it's harder for you than others, just give up

Nothing good in life comes for free or easy etc. sage for your retarded excuses

That's what happens, yes.

6'1

man, i find i have way more self control than most people in terms of diet, because the lengths i went to go from 115kg to 74kg

You need to take a long look at your life typing up this thread. No idea what you're trying to accomplish here.

>looking like shit but feeling not awful.

there's no way you weighed 115 in your before pic

Don't even try then fuck off loser

I must be a genetic miracle then

but I doubt it

WRONG was fatass like you before, only difference is that you are gonna stay one LOOOL FAG

how did you shrink your nipples?

Looking good bro

you're right, was 95 kilos in the before hence the stretch marks and saggy bitch tits.

I have no idea how that happened.

>But those manual regulation methods are difficult because they're inappropriate, and they continue to be difficult?
Is that a statement or a question? If latter, "no".

>It's not like one day eating at a deficit suddenly becomes easy, that's only true for lean people. It's a true dichotomy in the most accurate sense of the phrase, there is no third way
Man, I do understand you are trolling here, but while it may or may not be hard to eat at a deficit, what you are talking about is ex fat people staying lean, which by definition means eating at maintenance, not deficit. Furthermore, eating homemade satiating food worth 2500 calories won't make you feel like you are starving, your leptin resistance isn't going to be that high. Finally, if you really want to look at it like that, think of "muh leptin" as a disorder similar to diabetes. You need to watch what you eat for the sake of your health because the whatever minor personal dietary inconvenience you have is (presumably) less important that not suffering major health issues.

my desire to skip work and do nothing is there every day. but since I developed nofap i have advanced mysticism abilities..
this tells me that I'll get fired if i skip work
or that ill get fat if i eat like shit again

amazing magic annon i tell ya.

Not that guy, but leptin resistance is real and a bitch. That's why most fatties regain back their lost weight in a few years: eating at maintenance level will leave them famished

FAT PEOPLE CANNOT BECOME LEAN HOLY SHIT

FAT PEOPLE WHO DECREASE THEIR BODY FAT ARE DIFFERENT TO PEOPLE WHO HAD LESS ADIPOCYTES IN THEIR BODY IN THE FIRST PLACE

THEIR METABOLSIM WORKS DIFFERENTLY, THEIR HORMONAL REGULATION WORKS DIFFERENTLY, THE PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITIONAL PSYCHOLOGY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD PATTING THEMSELVES ON THE BACK FOR RESEMBLING NORMAL PEOPLE FOR A BRIEF WINDOW ARE COMPELTELY MISSING THE POINT THAT THEY WILL BE BACK TO SQUARE ONE BEFORE THEY TURN 30

SERIOUSLY

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST BACK THEMSELVES UP WITH EVEN A SINGLE SOURCE WHILE THEY'RE SPEWING BULLSHIT EVERYWHERE?

i was 95kg 11 years ago.

been 70kg ever since.

i can just just hear the fat from this post

fatty fat fat

lol you mad cunt? i was fat as fck and i'll be more aesthetic than you could ever imagine being, i pull mad hoes with my well developed personality through years of compensating while you sit here typing "waaaaah y-you guys aren't g-gonna make it!!"

fucking kys

either you are a really depressing troll or are literally delusional, I don't even know anymore

You're full of shit.
>Wahaa I can't stuff my face 24/7 now that I lost all that weight without getting fat again!!
If you develop a healthy relationship with food you will stay lean. The mindset that made you fat won't keep you lean once your lost your weight trough dieting.

My body is my source you massive flaming failure of a Homo>>>>>sapien. Keep eating shit and die motherfucker.

>Y-y-you'll be fat again at 30!1!1
Yeah, if they slack off and go back to their shitty lifestyle

>cite your sources

Your research is meaningless because you don't understand the science behind the claim. Yes, it is absolutely true that your adipocyte count is fixed at birth. But that is not how you get fat; adipocytes can vary greatly in size depending on how much fat they store. The cell doesn't even have much in the way of organelles to make room for its primary function of storage.

In other words, you're fat because your adipocytes have swollen with lipids, something that absolutely does change with diet as eating at a deficit will cause your fat stores to deplete, shrinking the adipocytes, and making you look leaner. Number of adipocytes is largely irrelevant because if they don't have much lipid to store then they won't swell enough to make you look fat.

he's right, you're wrong

>i pull mad hoes with my well developed personality through years of compensating

this one is aware

>fat """people""""

nah nah na na nah get fucked fat shit

It's not about the size of your adipocytes it's what they do to your hormones and metabolism

and theyre not fixed from birth

Oh wait sorry you can't get fucked cause you're too fat, can't even fuck yourself cause you can't even reach down there even IF you could find your mini bean of a penis lmao fatty

Since maintaining energy increases with weight, it's impossible to get to 300 lbs from 150 lbs eating 2000k per day. That's thermodynamics.
>THEIR METABOLSIM WORKS DIFFERENTLY, THEIR HORMONAL REGULATION WORKS DIFFERENTLY
A couple of years of staying thin and working out would fix that.
>THE PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITIONAL PSYCHOLOGY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
So being a weak-willed fuck with no self-control now counts as "different nutritional psychology"? Okay m8
>THEY WILL BE BACK TO SQUARE ONE BEFORE THEY TURN 30
They won't if they don't start eating they way they used to when they were fat.

Boogie2988 pls go

>A couple of years of staying thin and working out would fix that.
I keep hearing this. This idea has been said in this thread at least three times. I want to believe, I want to be proven wrong, but you just saying things does not make it so. Can you just prove that obese children growing into obese adults can have effectively normal hormonal and metabolic homeostasis (i.e., no leptin resistance, normal energy expenditure) after a long enough period of time on a caloric deficit? Watch from 7:40 to 8:55 on this video youtube.com/watch?v=WMdSHNnRbEs to understand what I'm saying - please tell me why this is wrong and you're right.

>Hey there, my arguments are shit thats why I have to write them in caps!

I used to eat a fucking box of 16 ferrero rocher in a couple of hours
4, 5 loaves of bread a day
I put loads of salt in an already salty food
everyday was juice sugary drinks day
I eat like shit for +20 years

now I don't and I feel way way better than I ever felt
don't even feel a need to do a cheat day

>Hey there, my arguments come from the land of fairies and leprechauns, that's why I don't cite any sources while smugly repeating the same two or three simplifications published in the sticky

mirin' arms

>Hey there, my excuses to not better myself are never ending and that is why I need validate my laziness on an Iranian cheese smelting forum.

I'm not doubting that, relapses happen, but imagine I said "nicotine addiction is a bitch, what's why smokers relapse". Sure it's true, but it's also meaningless, you know the effects on your health and in the end it's your choice to relapse or not.

He is right, but he vastly overstates the conclusions of the papers he quotes. I mean just read the Obesity and leptin resistance paper, it's basically confirming that giving hospitalized recovering fatties leptin injections makes them feel a bit less hungry, with a lot of "maybe" and "more research is required". Nowhere does it say what OP is claiming, in a standard popsci fashion he takes a paper and applies hyperbole.

Yes, so why you dont post some sources instead of repeating yourself?

You can't be such an idiot, right?

Believing all this will keep you sucking the tit of fat acceptance, keep you fat. But if you feel 'not awful' then stay there. No one is begging you to skinny down. But it's pretty low to come in and shit on people who have made different choices than you successfully and also obviously feel 'not awful' about their own choices just as you do.

Stay fat, no one cares but you can fuck right off with your judgement here.
Fitphobic.

>wahhhhhh life is hard
>wahhhhh why even try

Because I ain't bitchmade.

Lose some fat and start lifting some weights and maybe you'll start feeling the same way.

I was super obese from the time I was 6 til the age of 21. I was 350lbs at my worst.

Now I'm 200lbs and still have another 40lbs to lose before I look decent.

If I can do it, you can.

Is the fat acceptance crew invading Veeky Forums now or something?

Yes, this video fragment most likely correctly describes the short-term effect of starvation in obese individuals. Neither the video fragment, nor the papers in the OP-post imply that such a change is irreversible in the long-term. Now, my belief in the contrary is based partly on anecdotal evidence, as presented by people who "made it", and partly on a general intuition about organism's capability to adapt. That is, I would be very surprised if it's not the case.

I think you should try anyway, since discipline and willpower gainz will make you a happier person regardless of your bodyweight.

OP here, I did try. I lost it in 2014, kept it off for most of 2015, started noticing it creeping back in late 2015 and didn't care at the time because it was such a small change and I had a lot going on in my life, then ballooned back up over the course of 2016 for various reasons. I now weigh 6kg more than at my heaviest pre-2014. I never stopped lifting in the interim btw, my lifts continued to go up, but so did my body fat, at a rate that outstripped the development of lbm.

So now I'm just starting (as of february 17) to go back down to "lean", but it's just so demoralizing seeing the research that suggests it's never going away for good because of the way my appetite regulation works. Anyway I've lost 4kgs in the past fortnight, I'm sure most of it is water weight, but we'll see how we go the second time around. Like the anti-smoking propoganda says - never give up giving up, right?

t. jonah hill

In the worst case of it indeed being permanent, you can think about being fat as a substance dependence. They say there's no such a thing as an ex-opiate addict, only an opiate addict in remission. That doesn't invalidate reasons to stop taking opioids, only makes it harder. The question is whether you want to be lean hard enough to make the efforts, even if these are permanent.

I would still assume that a good, if not all, part of the long-term food addiction is psychological rather than physiological. If you have shit going on in life, it's very simple to slip back to a habit of comforting but harmful behaviour, be it drinking, overeating or playing games. Feeling shitty after overeating would only make you go back to the comforting behaviour again, thus completing the cycle. It's a very well known pattern. Start meditating. Meditating is the shit, and among its many benefits (most are again apparent in long term, year+) there is improving self-control issues and self-loathing issues (which are in fact tightly interconnected).

I was a fat little fuck for about 7 years.

I lost the weight in Sophmore year of highschool.

It's fluctuated, but I've managed not to be a fat fuck for 13 years after that.

It's called self control guys.

I had been fat my whole life, have lost 100 pounds and kept it off I feel better than I ever have, seriously go fuck yourself you lazy worthless sack of shit.

I was at 300lbs by senior year, 400lbs at 27, down to 230 now and still dropping. The majority of cravings have already stopped. This entire post is horseshit.

in a bizarre turn of events OP turns out to be a fat fuck with no discipline. color me shocked.

>I have shitty willpower so everyone else must too

>blah blah blah it's not my fault

Shut up, fatlard.

Would lipo be a good way to remove the cells after dieting down to a reasonable level? Assuming diet and exercise are on point afterwards, this should restore normal function right?

did you forget you're not posting on tumblr right now? no one here is going to sympathize with you for being a lazy fatass
>but eating clean and at a deficit is hard work guys
do you know how hard it was on your body to shovel those extra calories down your fat fucking hole?

don't feed into op's shit, he is a moron trying to justify his laziness.

I'll say this I am not a typical Veeky Forums poster, but I admire the dedication to self improvement that most of the posters here possess.

I lost a lot of weight and finally skinny and starting to gain muscle mass and relapsed, a number of bad circumstance occurred in rapid fashion and I gave up more or less on life for 6 months. Now I working hard again to get myself back on track and it's hard, but just because its hard doesn't mean its not worth doing. I feel better 4 weeks in than I have in months, progress is slow but it is happening gradually.

My point is shit happens. But its up to us what we make of it in the end. I could give up and die an early death from unhealthy choices, or I can choose to live a longer active life where I feel better about myself and my choices.

At the end of it the only one you hurt by not doing anything is you, so show yourself that it doesn't have to be this way anymore and for god sake stop raining on people trying to improve themselves. Nobody likes someone who tires to feel better by dragging everyone else into the gutter.