Yoga

Redpill me on yoga. Does it improve flexibility and help with joint stiffness? What are the pros and cons? Been trying to get into rock climbing again, but I'm stiff as a board after a year of doing nothing because of a health problem

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingmuscle.com/learn/increase-strength-by-integrating-yoga-10-essential-postures-for-strength-athletes
youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene/
youtube.com/watch?v=5DJPFvT8DCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why don't you just look up a mobility WOD or something?

It'll probably get it done a lot faster.

>Does it improve flexibility and help with joint stiffness?
yes

>What are the pros and cons?
where are are tons of yoga variations out there that have their pros and cons. you'll have to be more specific.

all in all yoga is great. it will increase your flexibility, balance and posture. some yoga variations are pretty brutal and intensive and are a pretty hard workout in itself. others are more of a relaxation and meditation tools.

I've got si joint problems.

Is there some sort of yoga routine that would be beneficial?

I don't understand yoga, in the sense that i don't understand what a balanced routine is like (google is ripe with shit info on the subject because of it's meme status, and infinite ammount of personal blogs when you google anything related to it).

Like with bodybuilding you need a fully balanced routine to prevent over/underdevelopment. How do i make a yoga program thats fully balanced?

don't know about your joint problems but you could try starting with breakingmuscle.com/learn/increase-strength-by-integrating-yoga-10-essential-postures-for-strength-athletes or even youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene/

Wish I had more...

pretty similar to what i use

Try this
youtube.com/watch?v=5DJPFvT8DCE

this one is pretty gud desu

yes user, yoga is good for you

yoga is goat

its shit

It's pretty great for flexibility and fixing shit posture. It's also great if you join a class if you don't look like shit currently. Full of yoga cuties. Would recommend.

Are you into the spirituality of yoga?
If you aren't, and don't wish to be, just find some mobility and agility work and do that instead.

Yoga, in all its variations, is a great tool, but if it's not the right tool towards your objective then it's not the tool you should be reaching for.

OP, listen to this guy.

Yoga is a practice, like lifting, there is no end game. There is no point at which you will (or should) say "I've mastered yoga, time to find something else". It's a lifetime commitment to inner peace, balance and introspection. Sure there are good strength poses, the flexibility is a big plus, and it got rid of my lower back pain after about two months, but that's just a side benefit.

Yoga is good for you, but you have to practice Yoga, not meme-tier bullshit you'll find on click bait blogs or godawful youtube channels. If you're interested in mobility and flexibility a decent stretching routine is all you need.

And yes I'm well aware of how much of a faggot I sound like.

Newfag here, why is it shit?

yoga is shit, honestly, but i would absolutely little blue pill on jess taras if you know what I mean. fuh. king. unf.

yoga improved my posture, improved my mobility, and is huge against my depression. 15 minutes a day is all it takes. find KinoYoga on youtube and do one of her programs. Ashtanga yoga is meditation in isometry. you breathe and relax and clear your mind as you go from pose to pose.

What about meditation? Will achieving a full lotus fuck me up, Veeky Forums?

Are there any no-nonsense yoga channels? I hate it when they try to make it spiritual with music and annoying voice overs telling me to be calm and breathe.

i go once a week to the yoga studio downtown. the pro's are that it helps with flexibility and balance, and it really teaches you how to apply your mind when you're stretching, so that you can do it with more efficiency and also enjoy it. there are some cuties but to be honest it's mostly older people, so just go to enjoy yourself.