Has Veeky Forums started cutting yet?

Has Veeky Forums started cutting yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8lY7AFuqIEA
youtube.com/watch?v=ib9995uY0Kg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, tight budget for the past 6 months means I've only been able to lean bulk. Managed to sdlowly gain about 1.5kg a month and hovered around 13% bf according to calipers. Still DYEL mode but steady progress is better than nothing and I've not bankrupted myself. No complaints, just keep on keeping on.

yeah, started IF yesterday. This is going to be my first summer actually low bf with decent muscle mass. Can't wait.

yeah, started my first cut yesterday

So far so good. Kinda hungry but water has been helping. If this goes well I'm gonna cry.

I hope I make it

Nah dude permabulk 2017

>
>tight budget
>can't cut
u eat less on a cut retard

Been on an extreme cut for two weeks. Have lost 8lbs. Drinking 3 - 5 gallons of water, walking 4 miles daily, going to the gym 6 times a week. Have had nothing but turkey for the past few days. I just hate that I put myself in this position physically.

I haven't been heavily bulking so a cut is pointless at 13% bf

It's basic reading comprehension

Same, IF is the shit. Going to be working a physical job all day, 16-18 hour fast during the day, also running clen. Bulked up all winter, made massive strength and muscle gains, now time to stop being a fatty.

Something like 3-4 weeks in. Intermittent fasting has been great so far, already looking a bit more vascular

Yes it fucking sucks. Doing a hard cut as read some study on marines or some other miltards who they barely gave food to and forced to march around. Niggas didn't lose any muscle mass until getting into single digit bodyfat. Since am way above 15% bodyfat and should come down a weight class anyway for powerlifting, figure will risk it a hard cut.

You, retarded, be

Been cutting for the last three weeks or so
Actually had to slow it the fuck down because I lost 10lbs in the first week I have since lost another 5 lbs.
Was 200lbs at the start I'm aiming for 170 and 15% bf

I'm 13% bf. What the fuck would I cut for?

What is IF?

intermittent fasting

Bulk/cut is a meme. Yo-yoing with your weight is unhealthy. When will you people learn this?

You're supposed to steadily put on lean mass. Not become fat.

How long do you fast for at a time?

Most people who bulk and cut successfully don't bulk past 15 - 18% body fat. Bulking to say 30% then cutting is obviously bad. You'll gain a lot of fat and then lose too much muscle on your cut, because you'll either have to cut fast to lose that fat in a short time or cut for so long that you're wasting time.

However in my own anecdotal experience and from what I've seen my friends and acquaintances do, bulking and cutting correctly and "intelligently" nets faster gains than lean bulking.

Yeah. I live in Los Angeles... Cutting season starts like Feb around.

Also, going to Vegas for Memorial Day weekend.. I've got like 12 weeks. I'm an ectomorph too... it sucks to keep weight on.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8lY7AFuqIEA

Stop bitching Veeky Forums and just cut weight

3 months in, dropped 12 lbs, from 194 to 182.
Kept mostly all of my strength, Bench dropped from 320 to 310, OHP from 195 to 190, etc.
But Christ I've been miserable, hungry, tired, no energy, etc.

All for no visual progress. Ugh.

My BF is at 7.1% though... I really just need to get better definition, any tips?

I'm 6ft - 152

That gif really synched up with the song I'm listening to
youtube.com/watch?v=ib9995uY0Kg

Yeah. Slow cut and down about 7 lbs now.

Man you look fucked up.

The one thing I hate about natty shredding is how skinny it can make you look. Honestly, I think you looked better in the first pic. Carb up, you still have time.

Pro-tip for combating hunger, go brush your teeth. It destroys cravings and everything would taste like shit if you try to eat.

Pls eat more you're gross and have mental problems

Thanks for the critique

Yeah man, I look super deflated, it takes me a week or so to fill back up with carbs after I finish cutting, and I then I look like a superhero. But for now, Yeah. It sucks, a lot, the sluggishness alone makes me want to hop on my first cycle. Altho, when I can get a real angle, the difference vascularity is awesome. Just hard to get a good photo =/.

:(

Yep, almost 6 weeks in.
Start weight: 107kg (25%bf)
Now: 98-99kg (around 20% bf i guess)

6'5 tall

Unfortunately. Wanted to wait until April or May but the bulking weight crept up on me.

Absolutely. Also, I wouldn't say you don't have visual progress. I just wouldn't want to get that shredded unless competing for something. There really is no point and like you said, there are no mood or energy benefits.

I go through cutting/bulking phases every couple of months with the goal of putting on 3-5lbs of muscle per year, ending up at 10% body fat. You can lose so much muscle shredding and your lifts definitely drop.

how long is one supposed to cut for, firsts time I did it was for two months

Are you a fat fuck? Anyway you are really big user.

Should I cut or keep bulking?

March 1 is tomorrow. You do plan on going to the beach, right?

What do you mean? Summer only starts in July for me

Bulk for Summer 2018 noob

>cutting before April
What the fuck? It doesn't even start to get nice out until July. Starting in April gives you like 12 weeks to cut which is around 12lbs or so. And you can keep cutting through summer.

this

Nope, lent starts tomorrow, and my cut does too. 45 days.
Tonight is for something yummy and forbidden!

How do you guys decide when to cut?

thanks bro i think ill bulk until april and than cut

Gonna start cutting May 1st and probably stop 2 weeks in

I'll get fat in that case.

Anyway, my current stats are

1RMs:
Squat 225 lbs
Deadlift 330 lbs
Bench 210 lbs

I've been cutting for 2 years.

This summer will be the first time in my life that I'll be under 20%

Heaviest I weighed was 350 at 6'4. Now at 235 hoping to be around 200 by June or July.

Starting my cut tomorrow.
6'2, 235 lbs right now.
Should look pretty good if I can get down to 215ish.
Haven't *actually* cut in about 4 years, so pretty excited about it.

Kinda.

>2017
>not permabulking

Cut started last week.

Pls rotate

You on meth or something bro? Fix that autistic face

Yeah it's derp face

1.4k caloric deficit and still getting 210gs of protein a day.
I think so? Lol

6ft 170. Keep bulking or cut for summer?

Keep bulking brah. Work those lats and legs

bulk

5 minutes

This.

Thanks i was leaning towards continuing bulking until im at least 180.

Gonna try to cut around mid-march. I wish I could easily count cals like I could before military.

Might just hop on the Test and Var train tbqh

I've been cutting since late January, starting next week I'm just going to maintain until fall. Right now I keep my macros at 35% protein, 40% fat, and 25% carbs. Should I raise up my carbs when I switch to maintainence?

You're abs were showing before, breh. What exactly were you expecting?

More Ab Veinz. I think my expectations are so warped from seeing all the people on Juice all the time. I keep rotating between having my chest at the size I want, but my abs not defined, and my Abs shredded but chest deflated.

The only thing that I see progress on is my self-hated and disappointment in my results. It's like I keep going backward, I get less and less content with what I am now, no matter how perfect my diet and disciplined my training. I'm nearly as strong as I've ever been, while also being practically as lean as ever, but I feel worse than even before I started lifting.

>shitty abs
>tummy hair
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It varies.

The large majority of people do a 16/8 schedule, so they fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour eating window.

This helps a lot to control hunger and overall makes you a little bit more alert.

I personally run a 22/2 IF with keto and could honestly fast for days without feeling hungry.

What do you even eat in those two hours?