>functional strength

>actually falling for that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A
youtu.be/Y8BVE2jw8uU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll have you know that functional strength is in fact a real thing and is miles better than your bullshit oats and squats rhetoric. think about it, when outside of the gym do you even need to fucking squat? NEVER!! its a pointless, outdated exercise that has no use in the modern world. This also applies to deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, lat pulldowns, and many many other workouts you juiced up meatheads like to parade around

Functional strength workouts, on the other hand, are meticulously hand crafted an tailored to perfectly combine speed, balance, strength, flexibility, and grace. These workouts are made in such a way that what you do in the gym will ACTUALLY HAVE AN IMPACT ON YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE

nobody gives a fuck about your lats or your delts or your traps or calves, what they do care about is your technique, your posture, and your true knowledge of fitness

Take a look youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A

Is he training really hard for the sport of curling?

manlets, when will they learn.

ha ha very funny. just because youre too ignorant of the benefits of initiating your muscles through diverse and coordinated exercises doesnt mean you can make fun of them
not an argument

Is that supposed to prepare me for the cruel moment in life when I need to snatch The Ring from 2 hobbits?

You worked to hard on this b8 and it's not convincing enough

>this jackass can do this shit consequence free
>I try my very best to have good form with manageable weight and end up injured every other month
>I somehow sprained my acl walking a mile the other week

I am made of glass despite my best efforts.

I fucking hate him so much.

>>I somehow sprained my acl walking a mile the other week
Dude that blows.

Get shoes that go up to your knees or something so no more injurious from walking.

What do you weigh? 260? 300?

Did you check yourself for actual diseases man? Maybe it's something serious if they happen that often. People here usually hyperbolize their affections but you seem on the other edge.

>not training your abs while also training to retake the holy land

youtu.be/Y8BVE2jw8uU

If he can C&J with proper form he probably has decent weight but the walking problems point to some affection IMO. But I'm not a doctor so feel free to discard everything I say, that's why I really recommend seeing one, I sort of discovered that I was sick after trying to go "without giving it attention"

This is why I never come to Veeky Forums, channers like to pretend that they have a nice open forum for civil discussion but every single time somebody posts something reasonable all anybody says is "LMAO B8 B8 B8 XDDD"
Fuck this place

I weigh 165 (not sure how much that is in kgs). I've been to a bunch of doctors over the course of my life and the conclusion is that I'm unlucky. My joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles, all of it is healthy amd normal according to them.

It's really discouraging to try as hard as I do and be constantly set back when some people can act like total idiots in the gym and be perfectly OK.

Am I confused? I thought functional strength meant 1ohp/2bench/3squat/4dead because it was an indication of well-rounded health, not just a leg press of 1000lbs or something stupid.

"Functional strength" really means strength you can use and apply to everyday life. Don't believe the memes.

how tall are you? 165 is really low unless you're like 5ft7 I think

That's over 360lbs brother.

What's your workout program and what do you use to track your kcals?

Fuck, sorry I'm high
Delet this mods

topkek, he's 165 lbs nigger
I looked it up and its 75 kgs. I still adivse him to go try another doctor when he can, you never know

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what he might be doing this for. Is he like a wanna-be MMA fighter or something? And he's thinking this "pattern" will help his sprawl or takedowns or some shit? I'm really confused and its hurting my brain.

It's for your functionals, the most important muscle in the body.

It's always skinny people doing this shit.

I have a theory that these types of people have a difficult time putting weight on their squats/deadlift/bench, so, in order to compensate for their weakness, they come up with their own bizarre exercise that "only they can do" and it makes them feel better about themselves.

Natty limit bruh

I'm 5'9. I'm visiting a physio this week and he's bringing in a dietician or a nutrtionist lne of those to see if that might help. I think I eat healthy but a more professional opinionis welcome so I'm looking forward to it.

it could be that. it could also just be them wanting to show off, because, like you said, they can't show off with their deadlifts or squats so they want to show off with this shit.

Also, thanks for being encouraging and helpful. I appreciate getting such a positive response from my frustrated venting.

um, I'm 6f 165lbs and I think I look alright. Is that a bad weight?

That is pretty underweight. At 6', with intense daily aerobic/lifting and strict dieting I once got below 190. When I relaxed a bit I settled closer to 205 and had bf% estimated at 22%.

kekerino

this is not true. a healthy BMI for a 6 foot tall person is between 150lbs - 180lbs.

I understand completely.

This guy does that shit

I'm 3 weeks into a back injury from a 150lb warmup squat