Bust ass in the gym for months

>bust ass in the gym for months
>get flu for a week and half
>lose all gains

You will, regain it at 4x the speed you originally got it.

If no muscle mass was gained during your first months, then lost, you will regain it at 50% the rate you originally did

hold fast, do you think that everyone who lifts doesnt get injured or sick?

they stick right to it

This just happened to me.

>two years ago
>be me
>get flu suddenly
>get so dehydrated I pass out
>go to hospital for dehydration
>medicine levels it out in about 3 days
>miss about 10 days of lifting
>do 4 hour workout first normal day

>last year
>same sudden flu
>piss is brown from dehydration
>no money for hospital
>have to bike to small free clinic
>given gatorade and painkillers
>miss about 7 days of lifting
>mfw

You'll get through it, the key is rehydrating till the point where your piss is white and eating to regain the bodyweight

I threw out half a cantaloupe I accidentally left sitting out for 4 hours this afternoon. It was painful but getting sick isn't worth it.

Wash your hands and keep your room/kitchen clean.

A week and a half???

I can stop completely and have no noticeable reduction until about three to.four.months.

I took off a week and a half a few times before, and I always came back slightly stronger than when I left. You must have been eating like a retard, or you're still sick and can't give it your all.

are you guys naturally fat or something? I'm an ectomorph and am in the same boat as OP when I get sick

>be me
>lift all summer and get fit as fuck
>september arrives
>get pneumonia every fucking year
>literally can't stand up without coughing until vomitting
>lasts until first week of February
>february
>allergy season
>literally can't even open eyes
>choking on own mucus
>can't breathe
>lasts until may
>gains long gone

every year. should i just kill myself

You wont lose it over a week, you're just losing the pump and seen as you've only been lifting for a month that is all you have.

Twice ive gone travelling for ~2 months and lose some but am back to my usual weights about 3 weeks in. Hell i even got crohns and lost 24kg of lean muscle over a year and got back within 6 months of being healthy.

same

>stopping for a week and eating properly
>blasting liquid shit through your asshole for hours on end for a week, being unable to stand up, no appetite, shaking with fever
yeah, totally the same brahs

As said i had crohns for a year undiagnosed, i was so malnourished i began to twitch, had constant tinnitus and blurry vision, lost 24kg of muscle and couldnt walk to the end of my street without rests.

I still put it almost all back on in half a year, with arthritis chucked in now. A week of illness will do fuck all

lmao nigga have a SIP of water

>take time off over christmas
>deload, work my way back up
>get some badass food poisoning
>deload, work my way back up
>get the flu or some shit idk, basically spend five days doing nothing but sleeping

might just kill myself desu, bois

>hold fast

lol

>Bust ass in the gym for months
>get flu for 2 weeks
>think I'll lose all gains
>First workout was sketchy but had great gains every workout after

>Managed to quit smoking 5 months ago
>Close friend i've known for 12 years commits suicide last week
>Just finished my third pack this week

>10days sickness
>had to take antibiotics
>drink creatine whole time
>go to gym
>lift's dropped only to 90%
>in a few days I got to normal

Drop it immedtialy.
I bet your close friend was so proud of you when you quit, he never would've wanted you to start smoking again in case he died. Quit!

That's because you're a DYEL.

I've had like four times that I've decided to ramp up cardio, done one long jog and gotten sick the next day.

I'm seriously wondering if something about this just fucks the immune system.

Ive injured myself skiiing, havent lifted in over a month. Havent lost any gains yet. Same when went home over Christmas and didnt workout for around 5 weeks.
If I eat enough and get my required protein, I hardly lose any gains whatsoever. It still sucks but its weird that you notice it after 2 weeks already

>>get flu for a week and half
It takes 2 weeks for muscle atrophy to start, and months after that to actually lose all your muscles

So no, you lost literally nothing except that which you never had which was brain cells. Dumbass fucking /pol/ poster.

Its not that simple
If i stop now i'll become angry and agitated and will only lash out at the people trying to be there for me. I am going to cut down as time goes on but at the moment its all to difficult

>Be me
>Go to for a few months
>Suddenly feel anxious that lifting fucks up my keratoconus even mor
>Stop going for an month
>Start going again
>lose all gains

Are you me?

Had a bad flu in Feb, couldn't eat, lost 6kg in 2 weeks, mostly bedridden. Back in gym this week - squat went down from 130kg to barely manage 95kg!

Fuck it. I just remind myself how I enjoyed making those gains and that they should come back faster, almost like having newbie gains again. It's all about the journey.

Yesterday was first time in gym after flu ;-;