I honestly can't stand back squats at this point...

I honestly can't stand back squats at this point. I actually kind of like the feeling but my autism has ruined them for me. Every time I get in the cage I think "this is reddit, this is memes". Squats are a fad at this point. They're literally Cosmopolitan-the exercise. Literal instagram tier millenialness. They're the Veeky Forumsness equivalent of Starbucks. All those "squats make you awesome xDD" and "real manlybaconbeard men squat" memes are fucking killing me inside. I need to find a new lift. Looking into hack squats or rear foot elevated split atm.. I just wanted normies to stay where they belong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EeYrcpbn4o8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Veeky Forums will deny squats are a fad

You sound like a complete retard

>t. reddit
>t. meme

You're a retard but if your autism is actually too strong to allow you to do back squats just do front squats.

do bugenhagen meme lifts
youtube.com/watch?v=EeYrcpbn4o8

If you want a lower body compound push, the best one is the squat. Do'em or don't but if you let other people's opinions influence decisions at this level of minutiae, you're probably a giant faggot.

I'd actually like to know how is back squat the best lower body lift? Like have there been studies using other exercises/variations?

It's only a meme if you lift babyweight.

It's a compound that works the majority of the leg muscles... why do you need research? Pick up an anotomy book.

Or you could stop being autistic and keep squatting. Try that for a while.

The biggest thing is that you can load it up way more than other squat variants and leg exercises. Squatting 300 for sets of 5 will stimulate your body way more and in a different way than doing like hamstring curls on a machine with 80 pounds or whatever. So it's the "best" leg exercise in that you can really savage your shit in a good way.

you missed the point.
I just googled hack squat and I'm pretty sure I could lift more on that. I could be wrong of course.

Maybe, you can leg press more too, but free wight movements still stimulate your body in a different way. Working your core and shit. If your goal is just having big legs then you could get away with just doing hack squats and leg press but actual squats will be better for overall growth, strength, and athleticism.

>you missed the point

the point that you surf Veeky Forums so much that if something useful is popular, you automatically hate it?

Stop being a retard and do squats if you want. If you don't want to do something else.

I also think the most important thing for you to do is get the fuck off the internet.

Uses the most muscles and provides the most stimulus to those muscles via heavy loading. You can do variations as accessory exercises and your legs are set.

The problem is 90% of the population doesn't need squats. Unless you're involved with an activity where strength is needed (manual labor jobs, sports, etc.) doing machines, lunges and body weight exercises are more than enough to give you decent legs. The risk of injury from squats appears to be much greater than other exercises.

Just because something is becoming more popular doesn't mean it's bad. Disliking something specifically because it's mainstream is as bad as liking something for the same reason. You're still letting the actions of other influence your feelings on something rather than making up your own mind about whether something is good or not. Pussy.

>best lower body lift
It not the only thing you should do but it covers a lot of muscle on your lower body. It's great for the vastus lateralis and medialis and intermedius but not a lot of rectus femoris activation, due to it being a 2 joint muscle going from the hip to the knee. Just by the nature of the movement the squat cannot hit that muscle as well as say a leg extension. Depending on your stance width and bar position/torso angle you can move more focus onto the adductors and glutes/hamstrings. You can get pretty strong and aesthetic legs just by doing a bunch of squats, but you could get better strength progress and aesthetics by including other movements. You also shouldn't forget about your backside and definitely do deadlifts and maybe add hip thrusts and leg curls if you want to maximize gains.

This is all assuming you're past the intermediate stage. If you haven't lifted for more than 1 or 1.5 years, just stick to squats and deadlifts. That's enough for lower body.

don't do what you don't want to do. I can't back squat because of terrible knees, and it's too depressing to do light or low ROM.

instead I tear my legs to hard with isolation exercises and top it off with some HIIT so I still get athletic.

it's that simple. OP.

>The risk of injury
I'd argue deadlifts are more dangerous but that's not important.

Sure, machines can suffice if you really only care about aethetics but why would you do 50 different machine exercises for 3x10 to hit every muscle if you could just do a couple of barbell compound lifts and add a few isolations for arms and/or shoulders? In the first place, doing compound lifts has a way lower injury risk than any other sport, so it's not really dangerous if you have good form.

Consider suicide.

nah the point was actually that, while everyone knows that compounds are gud and that squats always work, I've never understood why they should automatically be the best. also not OP so yeah.